Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Zombie addon!!

Bodyparts?

It seems like a good idea (anything to do with gore usually is, lol) but I would like to keep things simple at the moment. Adding falling bodyparts could complicate things for me.

Having said that though, if you want to produce a derivative work of my code, and write your own limb removal scripts, I'd have no problem with that.

Can I ask, when the zombies animate, do they walk themselves, or would I have to use DoMove / SetPos on them to physically change their position?

EDIT: Kegety's object addon pack includes a human head object. We can retexture that.

EDIT 2: I already have a "dead city" type map if anyone wants to reuse it.

EDIT 3: Guts should be easy: just edit a texture and update the wounds[] array in the config.cpp. And I know just where to get the guts from...

Thanks,

Scott

Quote[/b] ]It seems like a good idea (anything to do with gore usually is, lol) but I would like to keep things simple at the moment. Adding falling bodyparts could complicate things for me.

Of course! keep it simple for the moment, just get the zombies released and bugs ironed out. then you can focus on effects and other stuff.

Edit: Dead city ay? could ya send it to me i wouldnt mind having a look

My English is not so good.

I dont know what you mean exactly.

The Anims start with an waypoint and in On Activation you have to type this switchmove "zombiewalk1".

CU

What I mean is, when you execute the animation on a zombie object, will the animation physically "move" the object? (ie: change it's position on the map)

Take the following code for example:

#loop

myzombie animate "walk1"

~2

goto "loop"

will this code make the zombie walk across the map? Or would I need to use:

#loop

myzombie animate "walk1"

myzombie domove targetpos

~2

goto "loop"

No matter either way biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: My explanations of ideas sucks ass.

EDIT 2: Norsu, ask and ye shall get. I will create zombie East/ West soldiers. That is REALLY easy! lol

hey tracy what is that "dead city" thing you mentioned erlyer? you got any pics? wat island is it on or is it a custom island u made ur self?

Skye island.

Pics of the carnage are earlier in this thread: the crashed bus, the smashed cars etc.

Going to make the cityscape look more like the dawn remake though.

Damn my English...

I think i give you the anim then you can see how they works.

But first i have to fix something.

I will send it to you later.

CU

kewl. May i suggest you take a look at Raz island? it had a nice big city with docks and allso a really nice military base and refinary.

Link:

Raz island

Dr tongue's face texture uploaded to

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/drtongue_ex.jpg

WARNING! EXTREMELY GORY!!!

PS: This texture is only to be used in zombie related games. Please ask permission from me if you wish to use it elsewhere. If I catch the picture being used as a custom face on Gamespy or All-seeing-eye by some 12 year old (for example) I will NOT release anything else! (Took bloody ages to make, so it did.)

I love this idea!!! I have already made some zombies for you that have missing legs and arms n stuff. (I don't know how to texture........yet) I'll send them to for you to try. Just need to finish n test some others in game. Also has anyone tried to make that zombie dog from resident evil?

Any help or comments please let me know.

I know there is a dog addon... I believe karillon is using it in his zombie map;

whether or not its resident evil like, I don't know smile_o.gif

YET ANOTHER ZOMBIE TEXTURE!!!

In the film:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/zomb1.jpg

The face in OFP:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/sunhatbloke.jpg

The above texture is free to use. I have not finished it yet though, so you will probably have to edit it yourself.

In game:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/sunhatbloke-shot.jpg

I was working on

Picture

And a Shotgun anim too..... But only hold and reload(i think)

@tracy_t

I send you the anims tomorrow.

later this day smile_o.gif

CU & Gn8

No offence or anything but if you are going to make animations that make the zombies walk slow then they need a huge amount of hp... cuz if i played nogova/skye virus with zombies slow walking then i would have had np getting trough it... if they have low hp then make them real fast.... er like zombie classes :/

D. Murphy man has now got the latest version of the zombies. Hopefully he's posted it on his site.

Anyway the zombies take 20 m16 hits to the stomach or 1 head shot to kill.

Silent:

Whether the zombies go fast or slow depends on the programmer of the mission. Personally, I prefer them to go slow - dead people shouldn't be able to run smile_o.gif

To compensate for the fact that you can run past the zombies easily, it makes sense to have a 3rd party enemy in the game, e.g. the military or looters, or bandits.

In my forthcoming map, there is a US military presence. However, they are not the good guys. They have orders to "clean up" the island, and so will shoot anyone on sight, zombie or not. So, you may be able to dodge the zombies, but can you dodge an Abrams, armed only with a hunting rifle? biggrin_o.gif

PS: What do y'all think of the Dr Tongue and Sunhat bloke textures? ;)

Quote[/b] ]dead people shouldn't be able to run

Well, they shouldnt really be walking either. biggrin_o.gif

And none of your pics work, maybe getting hosted by OFP.info or another site(if you can) might be a better idea.

Quote[/b] ]dead people shouldn't be able to run

Well, they shouldnt really be walking either.  biggrin_o.gif

And none of your pics work, maybe getting hosted by OFP.info or another site(if you can) might be a better idea.

Touche' !

lol

Oh come on, suspend your disbelief for a wee bit eh? Dead people walking is one thing, but running too?!!!

EDIT:

Looks like my bandwidth limit for villagephotos.com has expired. Cack.

The Walk Anims....

That you can put the anims in your addon.

But i have to fix some "bugs".

In The Walkvar2 are some probs (you will see what i mean)

Put the zombie_anims.pbo in your OFP addon Folder.

Start the anim with an waypoint and in On Activation type

this switchmove "walkvar1"

this switchmove "walkvar2"

this switchmove "walkvar3"

this switchmove "eat1" <----- i have to fix too

zombie_anims.pbo

Have Fun

Thank you for the animations. I will try them as soon as I can. Got hit by flu, so not feeling like programming today.

Hmm, how are they suppose to kill you? They have no weapons right?

Are you gonna use a script that kills/injuries you when you get to close?

I think i will try some attack anims too.

And Zombies can carry Chainsaws or something smile_o.gif

We will see.

CrunchyFrog

Have you never seen the George Romero movies (Night of the lviing dead, dawn of the dead) ?

Zombies eat you. That is their whole raison d' etre ;-)

Just joking.

Basically I will be using the NearestObject function on each player to determine what zombie is closest. When you get within 1m distance, you will be attacked (bitten.) - I will use Hunt's attack anims instead of the shit "Strokefist" animation.

On the subject of being attacked, I'm toying with the following ideas (advice appreciated):

a) When zombies attack one of your team, the team member is treated as "bitten". The team member will lose blood and eventually die, whether you get to a medic tent or not. Yes it will be shite for multiplayer games, but I want to concentrate on the single player experience.

b) When one of your team members die, Zombies close by will devour the newly dead team member. (I am thinking of having a zombie drag the corpse away to a nearby tree or something, so it can eat in the shade away from the other ghouls. How's about that for advanced thinking eh? lol)

c) If no zombies are near to the freshly dead team member, then the team member will resurrect as a zombie. (Hunt: I know this might be asking too much, but is there any chance of having a "resurrection" animation?)

I really dunno how I'm gonna make former allies come back as zombies though. I suppose I'll have to AddRating GetRating _unit -100000 and hope my team open fire!

EDIT: Check out the textures on villagephotos (URLS are on page 4 of this thread) - they are back up again. Comments appreciated.

Hey tracy_t I sent you an email but I don't know if you got it. I have made two new Zombie  units for you to try (they don't have your config, just the basic one, so they die after a few shots. not the 20). The first is a Zombie that is cut in half and you can see his spine (need to use setunitpos down unless there is a way to add this to the config so he crawls all the time). The second unit has some meat missing from his leg, arm and center torso ( you can see its spine, arm and leg bones). I got some screen shots but don't know were to send them. I have also asked if I can use that dog that was made and make it look like the ones from Resident Evil. I'm still waiting on permission.  

Also I really suck at making textures so all I have been using are the basic ones. I know how to add new ones to the p3ds but I'm still learning how to make my own. I'm also made alot of body parts and am working on making a pack for you to use (made some really bloody stuff). I got permission from mechanic to use his cars for any addons I make, so I'm gonna have som nice crashed cars soon (gonna need help adding burn and blood textures to themm too lol).

If I can help more let me know. tounge_o.gif

@Prototype001

Can you send me your Zombies too ?

Maybe i can make special anims for an half zombie ....

And Bodyparts where nice too .

Maybe i can make a few textures for that.

My Email : ofphunter@hotmail.com

THX

Prototype:

I will edit your unit's config.cpp to make the zombie crawl by default, then send you it back.

Right now though, as I said, I would like to keep things simple so I will keep my zombie pack and yours separate for the moment. I will finish my zombies and then yours. Is that OK?

Tell you what though, if any of you could edit the texture of "HatBloke" (see page 4 of this thread) and put it on a fatter-faced zombie, that would be excellent... I'm not much of an artist. The hat bloke texture doesn't look right on a skinny soldier model.

Hunt: will try out your animations tonight and provide you with feedback ASAP. Many thanks for your work.

Murphy: as soon as I finish zombie addons, I will post them to you. Can you put them up on your site please? Cheers.

Regards,

Scott