Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Zombie addon!!

Dear all.

I have made a zombie addon which includes 12 types of zombies. Each zombie can only be immediately killed by a headshot. Would anyone like to host the WIP .pbo file?

Each zombie inherits from a civilian model, but has setdammage set to 0.8 on initialisation, for that "gore" look; however, the armor level of each zombie class was upped significantly so that the zombies wouldn't be killed with one shot.

I will post the addon's config.cpp in mission editing & scripting so that other zombie mission makers can use my code (e.g. perhaps Karillion, or D.Murphy man) and produce better works!

EDIT: Have just put source code in BREATHE section. Feel free to take a look.

Hi Fubar:

Well, I don't have time to create a campaign (I'm a grown man with a pub next door. Why am I into zombies at 31? lol) but hopefully others will make the time smile_o.gif

I hope the likes of Karillon and D. Murphy man can use the addon, or modify it for their needs.

Cheers,

Scott "Tracy" T.

Try:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/DAYOFTHEDEAD.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/ZOMBIES.jpg

Yes, that is a crashed bus!! And no, the zombies don't have glasses any more, I removed them... they look quite evil now.

LIMITED BANDWIDTH!!! So won't be up for long I dare say.

Would probably be faster for you to take the code from the BREATHE section of the forum and compile it to see for yourself smile_o.gif

That's cos it IS dried crap! It's the standard BIS "damaged" model.

Hard to change textures without editing the P3D itself.

I enjoy Flashpoint because it is fairly realistic, but damn, PLEASE RELEASE THESE ZOMBIES! If I can blast a few of them from the safety of a T-80 I might finally get over the lingering creeps I had from watching too many horror films as a kid.

When can you download it?

Well if you want it *right now* you could compile the source code yourself from the BREATHE section of these forums (the crap way) or I could try to find a host - most likely Geoshitties. I'll try and get a account set up in the next hour or so...

Scott

Pants. Feckin work (NHS) won't let me use FTP here so PBO upload will be later tonight.

Would any kind soul be prepared to compile the source code from the BREATHE section and host the pbo?

S.

ZOMBIE ADDON BETA IS NOW AVAILABLE @

http://www.geocities.com/tracy_t_03/Scottsaddon.zip

NOTE: ONLY AI SOLDIERS EQUIPPED WITH G36 (OR MORE POWERFUL) HAVE REQUIRED STOPPING POWER. M16 EQUIPPED AI SOLDIERS WILL NOT TARGET THE ZOMBIES (as they'd be wasting their bullets.)

A HEAD SHOT, AND ONLY A HEAD SHOT, CAN DOWN THE ZOMBIE WITH ONE BULLET. 12 BODY SHOTS (with M16) WILL DOWN THE ZOMBIE OTHERWISE.

They wont attack becuase there is no script in the ccp.config of the addon to make them attack. this addon is for use with mine or killaron's zombie scripts. If some skill full Cpp. writer can implement iver mine or killarons scripts into this addon you will ahve it all in one neat tidy Pbo. instead of fuking about with Sqs. scripts,triggers,and Init lines.

Okay, what we need are zombies that attack for West/Res/East, or at least Res side. They should attack everything...

Hi all. Thank you for your comments.

If you want zombies that attack anyone in West, I can program that quite easily. I already have the script to do it; I publish the attack script below.

The only reason I didn't do that for you already is that I thought you would want to do that sort of scripting yourself. Do you want all zombies to behave in a uniform way?

Remember: if I make my zombies attack West soldiers automatically, you can forget about making zombies follow waypoints, or any other fancy stuff biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Scott

PS:

I am now working on the zombie textures. So far I have Dr. Tongue and Bub semi-ready (ie: untested).

I can't include the pictures here as they would be considered GORE, but I will give you the URLs (WARNING: ADULT CONTENT) :

Dr Tongue:

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/day/zomb3_thumb.jpg

Bub:

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/day/bub4s_thumb.jpg

I include the code for movezombie.sqs. Zombies using this code will automatically attack WEST and RESISTANCE soldiers.

Call from your zombie unit's initialisation:

[this, id of target] exec "movezombie.sqs"

e.g.

[MyZombie, Player] exec "movezombie.sqs"

and your zombie will attack the player. If the zombie is 1000m away from the player, the zombie will disappear - no point in chasing someone that far away.

NB:

Make sure a trigger called westsoldiers covers your whole island, and is activated ONCE by WEST.

Make sure a trigger called resistancesoldiers covers your whole island, and is activated ONCE by RESISTANCE.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; movezombie.sqs

_z = _this Select 0

_t = _this Select 1

#Main

~1

?(!alive _z) : goto "End"

?(_t != objNULL) && (alive _t) goto "move"

_tig = false

_t = player

_pt = (list resistancesoldiers) + (list westsoldiers)

_y = 0

_uc = count _pt

#loop

~2

? _y>= _uc: goto "premove"

_u = _pt select _y

? (!alive _u) : goto "nextunit"

? _z distance _u < _z distance _t: _t = _u

#nextunit

_y=_y+1

goto "loop"

#premove

? _t in units group player: _tig = true

_z dowatch _t

#move

_d = _z distance _t

? _d > 1000 : Goto "end"

? _d > 5 : goto "walk"

? _d < 6 : goto "engage"

Goto "Main"

#walk

_z domove getpos _t

~2

goto "Main"

#engage

? !alive _z: goto "end"

_z removeMagazines "StrokeFist"

_z setPos getpos _t

_z addMagazine "StrokeFist"

_z fire "StrokeFist"

~3

_t setDammage (getDammage _t + 0.2)

~1

goto "Main"

#End

~5

DeleteVehicle _z

exit

Nice one tracy_t this should make zombies easy and relible for the intire OFP community. now u lot get making zombie missions! NOW!

Edit:

Tracy_t in the next version could you 'up' the amour values on the zombie by a couple of hunderd?

Because i have noticed that when you put the zombies to setdammag .8 to make them look like zombies they die in 2 shots to the body sad_o.gif

I will have a example mission of the zombies and the attacking script soon and will host it on my site if i have permission from you tracy?

The zombies take 20 body shots from the m16 to kill. One head shot though. The AI doesn't bother shooting at them with the M16 though.

With G36 they take two; but that's the only weapon the AI will target the zombies with sad_o.gif

And Murphy, please use my addon as you wish; please credit me somewhere though (even in the readme of your mission) lol

Wait til you see Dr. Tongue zombie... my girlfriend shat herself when she saw the texture! lol

Hmm tracy i think i might have a odd version of ur addon? with mine the zombie die with 2 shots from a m16 and the soldiers with M16's and any other weapon DO fire at the zombies.

Right, you must have an old version smile_o.gif

I'll send you the updated one as soon as I can; but might not be tonight cos I'm working on Bub smile_o.gif

Note to self:

I really should have installed Sourcesafe!! DOH!!!