Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Bas pavehawks

BETA?  crazy_o.gif

The BH was a beta? I didnt knew that !

uh hu, they'll be updated at some point, but we dont know when as there are a few issues we want to fix, as well as new ways of doing things (like the fastroping etc)

it surprises me how bad the memory is of some of these guys. It almost seems as if they're under the influence of an OFP addiction tounge_o.gif

it surprises me how bad the memory is of some of these guys. It almost seems as if they're under the influence of an OFP addiction  tounge_o.gif

Oi shut up if your talking to me tounge_o.gif

The BH's look so fine that they dont even look like one , even if theyre wasnt a upgrade i'll be happy with it.

Keep releasing these betas often will you guys biggrin_o.gif

The BH's look so fine that they dont even look like one , even if theyre wasnt a upgrade i'll be happy with it.

true...

Although some things have already been mentioned that could be use an update. No use to repeat the here now, though.

I apologise if this has been answered but will the pavies come with new navy pilots rock.gif Hm.. theres some more units out that could use some navy air transport wink_o.gif .

I apologise if this has been answered but will the pavies come with new navy pilots rock.gif Hm.. theres some more units out that could use some navy air transport wink_o.gif .

Pavehawks are Airforce helicopters wink_o.gif so for that reason, they won't have Navy pilots...

As for whether they will have new Airforce pilots, that is still under team consideration...

Wrong thread, but are you planning to include the Volcano mine dispensor(sp) on any ----hawk models you make?

485.jpg

Volcano.jpg

Probably not, since mines are now (and have been for about 5 years) illegal under international law, and havent been fielded by any armed force that signed the treaty since that ban came into effect. And although America hasnt signed the treaty, the use of landmines would be minimal in a modern war scenario.

Edit: Post #1000 w00t! *ahem*...

Pavehawks are Airforce helicopters wink_o.gif so for that reason, they won't have Navy pilots...

As for whether they will have new Airforce pilots, that is still under team consideration...

I tought the u.s. navy used Pavehawks rock.gif And that the pavies were being made so we could use them with the seals or something, bah im just ignorant in this military stuff...

I tought the u.s. navy used Pavehawks rock.gif

Hehe, confusing isnt it.

As a rule of thumb the Navy uses Seahawks, the Airforce uses Pavehawks, and the Army uses Night and Blackhawks wink_o.gif

Read the info pages on our site (link in sig) for more info.

And that the pavies were being made so we could use them with the seals or something, bah im just ignorant in this military stuff...

The pavehawks are being made because both Tigershark and Ebud have a fondness for the aircraft, IIRC Ebud worked on them in his time in the Airforce, so its understandable really wink_o.gif

The seahawk is made so we can use it with the seals.

[edit]

sorry;

the seahawk is being made

I really have to work on my english

[/edit]

@dm;

congrats on your 1000+ post count  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As a rule of thumb the Navy uses Seahawks, the Airforce uses Pavehawks, and the Army uses Night and Blackhawks

Actually, the navy started using the HH-60 "KnightHawk" recently. Identical to the Airforce HH-60 in most all aspects, I believe they are attached to the HS squadrons on aircraft carriers for SAR, in conjunction to the SH-60 for ASW.

Shouldnt be too hard to place them into OFP, as all it would require is a little re-texturing. biggrin_o.gif

The Whistlepig

Probably not, since mines are now (and have been for about 5 years) illegal under international law, and havent been fielded by any armed force that signed the treaty since that ban came into effect. And although America hasnt signed the treaty, the use of landmines would be minimal in a modern war scenario.

That depends on what kind of mines we are talking about. Strict Anti-tank mines are still OK and is used by the countries who signed that treaty. AP mines are also OK if they're remote controlled by a soldier as far as i know...

Don't know whether it's AP or AT mines these helis drop....

well you could use mines, but what you need to do b4 laying mines is a hold bunch of paperworks and after they are placed, you need to mark the position of every single mine.........(you dont want to get friendly "fire" by a mine wouldnt you??)

Before we get into some debate about the humanitarian issues of mines in warfare.

NO...there are no plans to incorporate mines into our BHs. Although it would make a cool addition to CTI type conflicts and MP games. But at this stage....no immediate plans.

Perhaps you may want to talk to Extraction for a helo that does this. He seems to have more time to model requests and such and may be able to accomodate you all.

Quote[/b] ]As a rule of thumb the Navy uses Seahawks, the Airforce uses Pavehawks, and the Army uses Night and Blackhawks

Actually, the navy started using the HH-60 "KnightHawk" recently.  Identical to the Airforce HH-60 in most all aspects, I believe they are attached to the HS squadrons on aircraft carriers for SAR, in conjunction to the SH-60 for ASW.  

Shouldnt be too hard to place them into OFP, as all it would require is a little re-texturing. biggrin_o.gif

The Whistlepig

Indeed, hence the "rule of thumb" comment :;);

Also, during the new year, and the next 6 years or so, the navy will be moving entirely to the MH-60S, whcih encompasses all of "the best bits" of the MH, SH and HH helicopters, as well as updated engines, avionics and other enhanced capabilities.

Quote[/b] ]Actually, the navy started using the HH-60 "KnightHawk" recently.  Identical to the Airforce HH-60 in most all aspects, I believe they are attached to the HS squadrons on aircraft carriers for SAR, in conjunction to the SH-60 for ASW.  

The Whistlepig

Also, during the new year, and the next 6 years or so, the navy will be moving entirely to the MH-60S, whcih encompasses all of "the best bits" of the MH, SH and HH helicopters, as well as updated engines, avionics and other enhanced capabilities.

Whistle:

I'm not really sure if anything you wrote there is true...except that there is a "KnightHawk" and it's in the Navy...

DM:

Lies! you spread lies!!! ;) Actually, the common airframe will be the Romeo, not the Sierra. The sierra is brand new (KnightHawk) and will replace the Hotel eventually.

Aaaah...Gator to the rescue....to expose the heretics and light the flame of truth in the darkness of lies.

You da man Gator!!

As for DM......step into my office........you're fired!! biggrin_o.gif

j/k biggrin_o.gif

Man....like the Pavie.....there are so many variants and upgrade programs for the Blackhawk family that even the crew chiefs have trouble keeping up with them.......how are us mere mortals meant to do so.

Regardless....lets try and keep this focused on the Pavehawk shall we....when our Seahawk progresses we can we have this discussion in another thread.

As for DM......step into my office........you're fired!! biggrin_o.gif

j/k biggrin_o.gif

no no no Tiger, it goes like this

TS: Step into my office

DM: Why?

TS: Cuz you're f*@king fired

Courtesy of THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY

Boy am I looking forward to the Pavehawks, and your RSOV and other gucci gear.

George

Quote[/b] ]Actually, the navy started using the HH-60 "KnightHawk" recently.  Identical to the Airforce HH-60 in most all aspects, I believe they are attached to the HS squadrons on aircraft carriers for SAR, in conjunction to the SH-60 for ASW.  

The Whistlepig

Whistle:

I'm not really sure if anything you wrote there is true...except that there is a "KnightHawk" and it's in the Navy...

DM:

Lies!  you spread lies!!!  ;)   Actually, the common airframe will be the Romeo, not the Sierra.  The sierra is brand new (KnightHawk) and will replace the Hotel eventually.

My bad...

Thats what you get for skim-reading the articles in AirForces Monthly (sad I know, but the pics are prettier), as the airframe outlined in that article is indeed mainly the Romeo, not the Siera...

Anyho.. I'm off to hang my head in humble shame, and get back to Army helos, what I actually know stuff about tounge_o.gif and stuff...

Quote[/b] ]Quote (gatordev @ Dec. 27 2003,18:09)

Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Dec. 27 2003,00:52)

Actually, the navy started using the HH-60 "KnightHawk" recently. Identical to the Airforce HH-60 in most all aspects, I believe they are attached to the HS squadrons on aircraft carriers for SAR, in conjunction to the SH-60 for ASW.

Shouldnt be too hard to place them into OFP, as all it would require is a little re-texturing.

The Whistlepig

Whistle:

DM:

Lies! you spread lies!!! ;) Actually, the common airframe will be the Romeo, not the Sierra. The sierra is brand new (KnightHawk) and will replace the Hotel eventually.

My bad...

Thats what you get for skim-reading the articles in AirForces Monthly (sad I know, but the pics are prettier), as the airframe outlined in that article is indeed mainly the Romeo, not the Siera...

Very well, and I stand corrected. Upon further investigation, I found that I was wrong in most of the aspects, which is what I get for posting without checking first. They are in fact MH-60S Knighthawks, attached to Helicopter Combat Support Squadrons (HC).

Now, a little bit of return fire. I'll state it just like I used to tell my Capt when we would have our "come to Jesus" meetings, "Dont just tell me that I did something wrong then walk out the room, I want to know what I did wrong, how I did it wrong, and you're gonna sit there and watch me make it right! Even if it takes all night biggrin_o.gif

Crawling back the the ol' groundhog hole.

The Whistlepig

You haven't given up the UH-60 Dustoff yet have you?

Need some decent medevac choppers after you release this ab-fab pack

rock.gif never heard them speak of it.

Anyway, both the blackhawks and the pavehawks can be used as a dustoff chopper. In RL they will be used as such since these are the first choppers on the scene.