Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Retextured guerillas released!

I've been making a mission using these for a while buts its one I work when I get pissed with my other missions. Won't be ready for christmas sad_o.gif What if I send you a very, very early beta? rock.gif

Munk: You may send a beta too, but do not forget to send full version when you finish it smile_o.gif

Mission properties: It should have at least some basic features (briefing, debriefing, working end) and it should be ready to use as PBO archive. Just do what you feel capable of. Of course, any fancy stuff like cutscenes would be cool, but I dont see it necessary.

The aim of all this is to gather enough playable material. I think many things may be rearranged later, for a mission pack or other publishing. If the mission will be perfectly working and good to play, the fancy stuff could be added later...

for "just" a retexture of units it's suprising how high the quality of this addon is. Really awesome work. The texturing is so good it makes them feel like completely different models. This is the only retexture addon I have left on my HD, but this one will stay there! I can't wait for the winter guys. It's a shame though that there's no winter Nogova or winter Trinity.

Or Sarugao.

It would be nice if you could get permission to retexture some of the existing addons and use them for a ficticional force to put on resistance.

The majority of missions I been working on are based in Sarugao.

I created a nice history of the islands and I would love to have a Saruga national army.

I wonder if somebody like Laser would tweek the model of his units so they don't look so Russian and let you use them for retexturing.

Nothing wrong with Lasers by the way, they great.

We need some new models for resistance and I think Edge is the man to retexture them.

Or Sarugao.

It would be nice if you could get permission to retexture some of the existing addons and use them for a ficticional force to put on resistance.

The majority of missions I been working  on are based in Sarugao.

I created a nice history of the islands and I would love to have a Saruga national army.

I wonder if somebody like Laser would tweek the model of his units so they don't look so Russian and let you use them for retexturing.

Nothing wrong with Lasers by the way, they great.

We need some new models for resistance and I think Edge is the man to retexture them.

have already offered laser's assistance.

rock.gif Uh? wow_o.gif I didn't know that.

C'mon BD, give us some intel biggrin_o.gif

Wat should we know, well, only God knows how many addon secrets you have in your head, I'm going to pay somebody to hak your PC so I will know eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything that have to be known about unreleased addons...

Just joking. wink_o.gif

rock.gif Uh? wow_o.gif I didn't know that.

C'mon BD, give us some intel biggrin_o.gif

Wat should we know, well, only God knows how many addon secrets you have in your head, I'm going to pay somebody to hak your PC so I will know eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything that have to be known about unreleased addons...

Just joking. wink_o.gif

I have many other things to do now, 100% RL stuff including research reports, Christmas, bussiness administration, tax payments (:-p) etc. etc. This is why I had to refuse Blackdog's offer. When I will have some free time, I will surely start working on some conception for Resistance Reloaded. If Laser will still be willing to make models, I would be very pleased to join with him to create some really really good and useful guerilla force.

@cero: If you want Saruga army, you may have my beta retexture of Nogova Defence Forces - just the "oak camo" textures from Retextured Guerillas addon. I used guerilla with hat as base soldier and guerilla with cap model for officer and medic... Just drop a line if you are interested (for I am interested in the background you invented for Sarugao smile_o.gif ).

I can't believe I forgot to thank you for these awesome units, Edge. wow_o.gif

They're great, but I do have some JAM-related requests:

HD VERSIONS! smile_o.gif If there is ONE addon that would be perfect for High Dispersion versions of the weapons, this would be it. PLEASE think about it.

RPG versions. It would be great with RPG soldiers that either only fire on soldiers (very guerrilla-like), on tanks, aircraft, all three, etc. Just like in the Tonal Opfor.

Great units. smile_o.gif

HD VERSIONS! smile_o.gif  If there is ONE addon that would be perfect for High Dispersion versions of the weapons, this would be it. PLEASE think about it.

RPG versions. It would be great with RPG soldiers that either only fire on soldiers (very guerrilla-like), on tanks, aircraft, all three, etc. Just like in the Tonal Opfor.

Great units. smile_o.gif

As long as you keep that in a seperate version. I have no need for HD at all. I like them how they are now weapon wise with Inq weapons mod smile_o.gif

HD VERSIONS! smile_o.gif If there is ONE addon that would be perfect for High Dispersion versions of the weapons, this would be it. PLEASE think about it.

Great units. smile_o.gif

Thanks for feedback, Gollum smile_o.gif In fact, I though it might be interesting to add HD units and RPG soldiers in "Tonal" way, but at the moment I wanted to keep it clear. I think I may add this in some update, along with guys armed with SKS etc., but I will have to invent some menu system which wont be too confusing. Lets see...

Quote[/b] ]HD VERSIONS!  If there is ONE addon that would be perfect for High Dispersion versions of the weapons, this would be it. PLEASE think about it.

If you must include these, put them in a seperate category in the main unit menu.

put them in a seperate category in the main unit menu.

Agree. I think this would work nicely, Edge. smile_o.gif

@cero: If you want Saruga army, you may have my beta retexture of Nogova Defence Forces - just the "oak camo" textures from Retextured Guerillas addon. I used guerilla with hat as base soldier and guerilla with cap model for officer and medic... Just drop a line if you are interested (for I am interested in the background you invented for Sarugao smile_o.gif ).

Sorry for the delay answering that, I was cheking this topic for a while but it went very quiet and I forgoten about it.

I am interested in them Nogovan army skins, but I don't have much time for addon editing sad_o.gif . My mission editing is going really slow, almost backwards, due to RL, I'm married with kids crazy_o.gif  but I wouldn't mind to have a go on building an army for Sarugao.

I would need to reskin and re-configure some vehicles, and I allready fancy a few weapon addons that I seen, JAM compatible.

If the author let me include them I will, without any modification to them.

My version of Sarugaos background is very logic and flexible.

When I have a minute to put it in my pc I will send it to you if you like.

I would love to see some work coming from Laser and you togueder, but RL comes first.

Excuse my bad english and thanks for the interest.

Quote[/b] ]Edge's guerillas are a separate addon project to Aeon's work with the morphine injections, tracers etc. Originally they were going to be released as one pack, but Edge finished his units and wanted to release them whilst Aeon still had quite a bit to do, so they have been split to allow the community to use the new units earlier.

Bra-vo. More addon and "mod" makers should be doing this. It's quite positively no fun at all hearing about something that seems playable although all the finer points haven't been ironed out yet. Lack of playability is one thing, however making something that essentially works, however not releasing it is just mean.

I'm going to check this thing out.

Any chance it not having a bin'ed config so I can make them use my own weapon pack or the defaults? I like the Jam pack but I don't like having it in my addons folder all the time.

EDIT

Nevermind. Apparently someone's already done it. Kudos for not bin'ing the config.

I just would like to say that all textures in PSD format (Photoshop; everything in layers) are available to download at my TB website (direct link). The ZIP file includes all the textures used in my guerilla projects (Retextured Guerillas, Winter Partisans and Nogova Armed Forces addons).

Please in case you use a part of my graphics, just give me some credit in readme file (preferably with my website's URL).

someone needs to make a good looking sks, so far none of them are very pretty at all, anyways good work edge. Also is there anyway to make it so none of the guys have hats or skimasks?

Dl'd the textures now, thank you for releasing these. I might end up using some of these for the Operation Northstar mod, but don't worry you will recieve full credit.

I put the file down because Supah (NAFP) informed me that some of the textures related to his project leaked into the final archive. My deep apology to Supah and sorry to you all, the file will be uploaded (without the NAFP textures) again in a week.

Edge is there anywya of getting these as an East Force also? would love to pit them against FDF Peacekeepers smile_o.gif

Edge is there anywya of getting these as an East Force also? would love to pit them against FDF Peacekeepers smile_o.gif

put in a squad. put in an east officer, change probabilty of presence to an absoulte zero. then group up to 11 resistance solders to him. the first one u group to the east soldier will be the new "officer"

Edge I play a lot with your guerrilas, the textures are fabulous and you did useful groups to play with.Just to let you know , your work is appreciated.

Any chance of getting this units? There's no place to download them anymore. If someone have them, I'd really appreciate if they can send them to me, or at least tell how I can get them.

Thanks.