Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Retextured guerillas released!

Nice( wipe dribble from chin)

I deffinitly will replace the resistance soldiers with this, If I got the time to. I'm still trying to work it out.

Someone should write a tutorial, like what parametres have to be replace, compression and saving tools, etc.

It shouldn't be too complicated to do for a master wink_o.gif

Back to topic.

I noticed that while using the Explo mod with the blood addon configuration bin, this resistance units don't get afected by the blood addon, no fancy blood on this units, just the standart BIS blood.

What is different between the configurations of the BIS resistance and this units. Apart of the textures and the weapons, is anything different?

Thanks.

@CERO

Ebud,

For we mere mortals who lack your programming skills, any chance of showing us how we too can re-do Resistance to include all these new goodies?  Please?!

All I did was make new data3d.pbos and use mod folders. I couldn't get a new config to work.

That mins that all you have to do is paste the ones from the addon and they will replace the ones from BIS?

They all have the same names?

I uses mod folders too.

Thanks in advance.

@CERO.

Now that's what I call helpful - many thanks Ebud. To be honest, I don't spend much time wandering around inside configurations; a bloke my age can easily get lost inside those... Cutting and pasting, however, is right up my street(!)

Right, to work...

all you have to do first is rename the model you want to use to the name of one of the 3-4 res units in the data3d.pbos. Make sure you replace them in the regular data3d and hwtl data3d.pbo.

The best would be to have a custom config. I tried. I used unpbo (or is it depbo)1.3 to get a config out of the new explosion mod config, but even before I edited anything I tested it by trying to "bin" it again without any changes and got errors. Then tried just running a config.cpp instead of a bin, then got more errors. And this is before even edting anything. then I decided to make all the edits anyway. So I have a custom config that has the blood, explosions, dynamic range, and inq weapons plus these new res units for each guerilla in the config. But no way of bining it. If anyone wants it, send me a pm. Maybe someone else can get it to work. Also there are no errors in the changes I made, jsut the other edits that cam e with the explosion mod (no idea why it works as bin, but not after converting). Also it has BAS rangers as normal troops, Jam weapons, and Suchys Russians as default russians (an easy change to make it use any of the new public russian troops).

Are you using the OFP tool manager?

I can't get the damm thing to work.

Back to topic.

Is this resistance units going to be inclouded in the FIA mod aswell? Because that was the original idea, wasn't it?

So, if is going to be like that, I will download the ones from the FIA mod. Now, are you two working togueder enough to keep the same names on the units so any possible made missions will still be playable after the FIA mod release?

Thanks.

You could always use a Hex Editor replace in files thing to replace each class of resistance guy with a guy of your choice..

I noticed that while using the Explo mod with the blood addon configuration bin, this resistance units don't get afected by the blood addon, no fancy blood on this units, just the standart BIS blood.

What is different between the configurations of the BIS resistance and this units. Apart of the textures and the weapons, is anything different?

Except new skins and weapons, there is nothing new.

About the "Explo mod", I do not use it (and don't know it), so I cannot give you any explanation on this issue.

About the "Explo mod", I do not use it (and don't know it)

I highly recommend you look at the GMR Explosion Mod thread and download the latest version's base file to check it out. It's terrific!

GMR Explosion Mod V1.47 base file download mirror

The base file does not include support for the OFPEC Blood Mod. It just makes playing OFP that much better.

EDIT: ARGH! Forgot to ask:

Is anybody even thinking of making some great missions with Edge's fantastic looking retextured chimps - er - guerillas?

Anyone notice that these fit perfectly for a IRA vs UVF conflict?

Yep and they also fit perfectly for numerious other terrorist and rebel organisations.

Great work. can't wait for Aeon's features to come out.

can't wait for Aeon's features to come out.

Hmmmm......

Won't this be another case of duplicate addons? rock.gif

can't wait for Aeon's features to come out.

Hmmmm......

Won't this be another case of duplicate addons? rock.gif

Nah i dont think so its going to be a case of overwriting the previous one and they'll probably keep the internal organs of the addon same so there wont be any differences... smile_o.gif

Yeah, that's what I asked above.

I supose that you should be able to use the units in a mission and if they get updated we should be able to play the mission without conflicts, I hope.

@ Theavonlady. I got a few missions that I never seem to have time to finish and after reading a good book I allways come with some nice idea for a mission, so I start another mission without finishing the other ones.

But at the moment I'm replacing units around.

In one mission I was using UCE's infantry, then I replace them with Laser's russians, but because I'm working in Sarugao the camo didn't seem to work well in there, so when I downloaded the airborne units that use Inquisitor's weapons I replaced the Laser ones with the new ones. The camo suts much better the mission.

Then I though, instead of using the Resistance Guerillas by Admiral Duck Sauce, I'll use the BIS ones with the JAM weapons and at the same time I replace the airborne russians weapons with JAM.

Then I get this resistance addon units that use JAM aswell, and they look superv, so, what the hell, that's what I'm using now.

So, the answer is yes, they'll get used for missions too.

I'm going to concentrate in one mission and release it for beta testing, but I don't know how long before is ready. Besides, it will be my first public release, but I been editing for such a long time that I'm hoping it will be worth it.

Only if we stop getting nice addons for some time... crazy_o.gif

@cero, the bottom line is it sounds like you're perparing a clash between jam and duck sauce. crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

You just put it simple, I found it even more complicated crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif Oh, anywhere, don't you start me with sauces and jam, I'm a great cook... Well, when I cook just for my selfe... My missus don't seem to think so sad_o.gif

These units are great. They are a great replacement for the BIS resistance. I hope mission makers will use these more. smile_o.gif

Looking great, after my back gets in to shape I will get right to replacing the standard BIS Guerillas in my VDV mission with these fellows.

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of something that might be of interest for a future update. What about a soldier with a "facecloth" similar to what you see bandits wearing in the western movies. Adds a bit of "rambo-ism" to ones rag-tag band of soldiers.

ARGH! Forgot to ask:

Is anybody even thinking of making some great missions with Edge's fantastic looking retextured chimps - er - guerillas?

I would like to attract some more people to make missions using my units. Please do not take deadline or initiative itself too seriously smile_o.gif (I do not want to hear that addon should be published but not given for something - in fact, I WILL publish it, maybe in spring 2004 ;) )

Just submit missions, people. Missions could be of any kind, from videos, fun stuff, MP to some pro SP stuff, everything is welcome! In return, you will be given link and archive password for the Winter Partisans. And the important part: everybody wins ;)

In case there will be anough good missions, I would like to publish them as a mission pack and publish it along the addon (as it should be).

Preview image of "Christmas present" is HERE. (215 kB). I hope you like it smile_o.gif

Excellent work Edge! Looking really good.

Cant wait to go on a winter mission with these guys and the FDF guys! biggrin_o.gif

These are going to be retextured only as the previus version right?

I think it might be a bit cold in the winter when you are wearing a hat that does not cover your ears. If bossible retexturing hands to make it look like they have gloves would be cool.

I would like to see some winter units with thick clothes, gloves and winter headgear like ushankas or those nice little caps that FDF mod's Sissi soldiers wear.

Even if you are not going to change those models I still think these are very cool as your summer versions and will definetly use them in my missions. smile_o.gif

These are going to be retextured only as the previus version right?

I think it might be a bit cold in the winter when you are wearing a hat that does not cover your ears. If bossible retexturing hands to make it look like they have gloves would be cool.

I would like to see some winter units with thick clothes, gloves and winter headgear like ushankas or those nice little caps that FDF mod's Sissi soldiers wear.

You are right - I just retextured normal models. I would also like to add these features, but I am unable to spend months on learning how to make good unit models.

But positive news: I have recently starteed cooperation with CSLA Mod. MAA (mod leader) really liked my guerillas, so he offered me to join the efforst to create some other interresting stuff on this theme.

It is good to hear you want to use them in your missions! Post some mission with the "summer" guys and get it before others!

Its good that you dont make new models as we wouldnt get them in this year.

But those glove textures might be good to make them look more like cold weather soldiers.

Me posting missions aint such a good idea as I am a really crappy mission maker. Dont know anything about scripts and other fancy stuff.

I just make missions for my own pleasure. tounge_o.gif

Must missions have briefing, cutscenes or some other fancy stuff?

Sent a mission to address that was in OFP.info. It has no cutscenes or anything cool but its a mission alright. tounge_o.gif