Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

New animated models

Starting up a thread for people who want to suggest new animation/model ideas after the Dog addon has opened up the doorway...that way the dog thread can be for the Dog only... wink_o.gif

My suggestions:

- Children

- Tall, short, skinny, fat soldiers for all sides

- Other animals : cattle, horses, sheep, deer, bears, wolves etc.

- Dinosaurs for a JP type mod

- Mechs/ATAT walkers etc (I think some are already in the works).

- Aliens (xenos)

- Aliens (greys - Roswell)

A handy animation might be a sleeping one, for those missions where U sneak into an enemy camp with troops sleeping in tents. Have them break out of it depending on their combat mode ie safe or careless.

The "Finger" animations would be pretty nice for multiplayer.

Can't be done. The finger it part of the model and it is stuck like that. Of course we can create a Obscene Jestures Mod. Createing models of people giving the finger, in its many types of nationalities. (The two fingers backwards, the middle finger, the pull-arm...I making up names here... ) tounge_o.gif

All I'd like to say is. Almost all of  these have been tried a long time ago and were flamed to death.

Finaly FINALY they have resurected and we can have them and help build them. So I'm all for it and If I can help I will. smile_o.gif

Look out BIS, we might make OFP 1 surpas OFP 2. tounge_o.gif

The "Finger" animations would be pretty nice for multiplayer.

Can't be done. The finger it part of the model and it is stuck like that. Of course we can create a Obscene Jestures Mod. Createing models of people giving the finger, in its many types of nationalities. (The two fingers backwards, the middle finger, the pull-arm...I making up names here... )  tounge_o.gif

That "CAN" be done and how?

this: Rouge1 found out how:

You can edit the finger stance in 02 so just make the FU stance in 02 and the rest in Anim maker....Hey I can do that biggrin_o.gif

in addition to mechs biggrin_o.gif what would be cool would be perhaps Starcraft mod or something, since SC:goast is only for console sad_o.gif

I think the priority should be different kinds of animations for humans and new animals with decent animations.

The animations of the dog addon are spot on, even when you kill it,the thing looks good.

So I think that more of this kind of stuf should be created.

Cows and any other kind of farm animal should be done, All the islands have farm areas, so some animals to go in them would be a really nice addon.

We allso need new human models, Like Major Fubar say, kids, fat guy, and so on, but I think that the priority is kids when we tallk about humans.

I use civilians all the time in my missions, and just men and women don't makes it look reallistic.

Yeah,Theres nothing like seeing a kid gunned down in a fire fight.Might add alittle realism to the game.But I dont see where kids could fit into the picture.But i guess the more we have the better.Im sure you could scale a Soldier model down and remove the webbing an stuff,Retexture it and do something about the face.An there you will have a kid

Well this sort of thing was brought up a long time ago, the whole issue of peeps gunning down kids and kittens and puppies, well you get the idea. Other model types come in handy mostly for cinematics. Take a refugee camp, the effects of war are harder hitting when you see children in meal lines. Also just for adding a more diverse atmosphere in your gaming world.

how about a suicide animation, I can't see why not. I know it sounds disturbing and it is, but i have a reason. Cutscenes, a high officer is surrounded he takes out his pistol and shoots himself in the head. Someone's gotta do it.

In my opinion the first thing that is needed is more animals. Deer, cows and other little things. And another more "civilian looking" dog. Then a few new animations for the soldiers of course.

Children would be nice, not to kill and maim but as other people said to add realism to missions and the like.

Yeah,Theres nothing like seeing a kid gunned down in a fire fight.Might add alittle realism to the game.But I dont see where kids could fit into the picture.

You got it wrong.

I wouldn't think on a kid addon for that.

Do you shoot at civilians at all? I don't. And anybody thinking in a kid addon so he/she can kill it must be a sick t##t.

The idea of having this new models, is not too shoot them, is to enhance the missions, to makes the look more complete and less arcade and more like what it supose to be, a war simulation game.

No shooting at kids, no no no, too much of it going on in real life, the same as other things that comes with a war that we rader don't discuse in here, and we allready have female civilians in the game.

Sorry, I hope I didn't ofended anybody if anybody misinterpreted what I say. I'm just trying to make clear the reason why I sugested to have animals and kids in game.

Thanks.

I understand.Im not all there in the head at times.But yeah those kid addons would be something nice.just think of all the playground animation we could have plus the playground equipment.But I would also like to see an alligator addon with some very quick movement anim.

Yes, an aligator, plus tigers and so on.

The dangers are not only on the enemys, natural dangers are allso a part of the training of many forces, and it should be reflected with animals like that.

kids would also be good for places like tonal kids with ak's

but an aliihgator would be cool

Quote[/b] ]Quote (NZXSHADOWS @ Oct. 18 2003,00:55)

Yeah,Theres nothing like seeing a kid gunned down in a fire fight.Might add alittle realism to the game.But I dont see where kids could fit into the picture.

You got it wrong.

I wouldn't think on a kid addon for that.

Do you shoot at civilians at all? I don't. And anybody thinking in a kid addon so he/she can kill it must be a sick t##t.

Child soldier ... ever hear of them? African wars are full of them.
Quote[/b] ]

The idea of having this new models, is not too shoot them, is to enhance the missions, to makes the look more complete and less arcade and more like what it supose to be, a war simulation game.

Hey i'll shoot the crap out of every new addon i get my paws on smile_o.gif I like testing things .... thats part of the fun of this right? Blowing shit up?
Quote[/b] ]

No shooting at kids, no no no, too much of it going on in real life, the same as other things that comes with a war that we rader don't discuse in here, and we allready have female civilians in the game.

Its a simulation, of war, in war people get shot .... i dont see the problem. Besides it adds an extra factor to the game ... IE protect the civilians.

.Anyways,Pole Dancers would be nice to have.Maybe even a Night club.Would look wierd if they where danceing on a tree.

Regards animals, maybe a camel , one hump or two that spits at you occaisonaly, be kind of bizzare to witness a camel train 'accidently' walk into your fields of fire when your in the middle of a fire fight in a MP game , utter carnage I predict wink_o.gif

I really think we need a swimming animation sorted though, thats been a major thing missing since the begining...