Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Also, I wonder if there is going to be muiltiplayer?

Yep.

Holy sh*t!You hear that sonic boom? biggrin_o.gif

The PC I'm on has no soundcard sad_o.gif.

At about 1:16, you see the plane come towards the camera, and you don't hear anything till the plane passes the camera, then BOOOM!mmmmmmmmmm.

Then at about 1:36, when the plane is closing the airbrakes, you see another head on pass at about 1:40, but this time, you can hear the jet engines, even before the plane passes by the camera.

If LOMAC is anything like Flanker 2.5 I'm going to be upset.

I was flying along today on a hard A-A mission. there were about 4 F-14s, 2 F-15s, and another 4 F-14s orbiting over the sea somewhere. i got pretty far into the mission. all but one of the F-14s were down (minus the 4 out to the ocean). I got hit by two AIM-9s, but I was still flying. so I rolled around some trying to get a lock on him, but couldnt do it. now here's the good part: I bring up my radio menu and tell my wingman to check six, attack my target, all that good stuff. nothing works. he just flys along merilly on my wing. the F-14 oggers on in and wastes me with his cannon (I've got an engine on fire and cant outmaneuver him). of course my wingman notices this and does a quick 360 and wastes him with a missile right?... right? nope. he continues flying along straight and level, as if i were still there. he changed course a tad to the left, right in front of the F-14 who hadnt even noticed him yet. once my wingman got a bit in front of the tomcat, he finally noticed him and got him with a cannon shot too.

i sure hope the AI is smarter than this in LOMAC

If LOMAC is anything like Flanker 2.5 I'm going to be upset.

I was flying along today on a hard A-A mission.  there were about 4 F-14s, 2 F-15s, and another 4 F-14s orbiting over the sea somewhere.  i got pretty far into the mission.  all but one of the F-14s were down (minus the 4 out to the ocean).  I got hit by two AIM-9s, but I was still flying.  so I rolled around some trying to get a lock on him, but couldnt do it.  now here's the good part: I bring up my radio menu and tell my wingman to check six, attack my target, all that good stuff.  nothing works.  he just flys along merilly on my wing.  the F-14 oggers on in and wastes me with his cannon (I've got an engine on fire and cant outmaneuver him).  of course my wingman notices this and does a quick 360 and wastes him with a missile right?...  right?  nope.  he continues flying along straight and level, as if i were still there.  he changed course a tad to the left, right in front of the F-14 who hadnt even noticed him yet.  once my wingman got a bit in front of the tomcat, he finally noticed him and got him with a cannon shot too.

i sure hope the AI is smarter than this in LOMAC

gee if u were a normal pilot, you would have flown home hahaha

What? You can't "just fly home" with an F-14 on your tail. rock.gif

What?  You can't "just fly home" with an F-14 on your tail.  rock.gif

bwahahaha eject! even if u r in middle of ocean

That still doesn't fix the problem that the AI was acting incredibly stupid. What does ejecting have to do with it? rock.gif

What?  You can't "just fly home" with an F-14 on your tail.  rock.gif

bwahahaha eject! even if u r in middle of ocean

Why eject if the plane is still able to fly? Ejection seat is for last resort only, if the thing still fly's, you shouldn't bail out.

I would of ejected (plane on fire, enemy on my tail) but I was trying to get my idiot AI to attack him.

On a lighter note, someone just posted this at Frugals board.  biggrin_o.gif

Print it out and put it face up on your car dashboard.  Voila, instant HUD!

lol, thats good fun

I just shot down someone named "pimp" wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

while you're waiting for Lo:Mac :

Area00 MPOG

tounge_o.gif

hahaha!

ran, my wing lasted 10 minutes once we got out of protection, lol biggrin_o.gif

while you're waiting for Lo:Mac :

Area00 MPOG

tounge_o.gif

hahaha!

ran, my wing lasted 10 minutes once we got out of protection, lol  biggrin_o.gif

was your wing called "help me to rank" ?

if yes , i'm one of the ones who blasted it to pieces

nah, i joined some new wing. now im trying to get into one of the ones that has a relatively low number.

nah, i joined some new wing.  now im trying to get into one of the ones that has a relatively low number.

be carefull and always park your plane when you're not using it or it will end up as a burnt out flower pot

yeah its safely parked in a shelter now. i'm trying to get into some "cusecuse" guy's squad.

join a wing with strong people who will be able to protect you , and allways check the wing equipment (at the wing office screen) and the wing defence once you're in

my problem is that all the wings are either full or new. so if i join a new wing i end up getting raped, and i cant get in an experienced one

my problem is that all the wings are either full or new.  so if i join a new wing i end up getting raped, and i cant get in an experienced one

wanna dodgfight ? tounge_o.gif

my F22 is eager to fly a dodgfight mission smile_o.gif

I just want to find a wing where I don't have to worry about it 24/7

people pick on the new guys too much biggrin_o.gif