Niger

Nigeria

South Africa

It's time for some western opposition. First, 99% Draken:

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/drak.jpg

Link

Textures by SXEP and Digital Centurion. Three versions, two

west and one res.

Nice work on the Draken, the model looks really good, the textures are no more than okay honestly. Why has one of them got Finnish markings? AFAIK Finland never had any Drakens, or any other Swedish fighter jets. And what marking is the red circle with a white triangle? rock.gif

Finland certainly had Drakens few years ago but they were taken out of service after few of them crashed killing their pilots.

I know because one of the pilots who died was from my home town. He died almost exactly the same time as I listened to his mother telling how proud she was about her son. sad_o.gif

Finland certainly had Drakens few years ago but they were taken out of service after few of them crashed killing their pilots.

I know because one of the pilots who died was from my home town. He died almost exactly the same time as I listened to his mother telling how proud she was about her son.  sad_o.gif

Sorry to hear that. sad_o.gif Swedish markings would be more appropriate than both the Finnish markings and the red-white markings even though Finland have had a few Drakens as Drakens are Swedish and we have had a lot more of them than anyone else. It's especially strange that there are red-white markings but no Swedish ones.

But the skyraider is a US plane..and us selling planes to Africans rock.gif

Not selling, giving rights to produce licensed versions. And I imagine that the U.S would be quite willing to do almost anything to "win countries over" at that time. Since if they did not the Soviets would.

drak.jpg

The Roundel is at the wrong place! In this picture you see the finnish draken with the roundel on the vertical tail surface. The roundel should be just below the canopy.

p_draken.jpg

ur the master.....thanks for the bas roundels.....very usefull

i really love the phantom, its my favorite plane addon ever, cool scripts - with a few lines of cpp coding you should make the phantom and a few other of your planes on resistance, like mig17 variants, as well as the floggers

LEE - give us that TEXTURE

i like the Phantom to FM..but the "afterburner" (full thrust) looks kinda odd...

It doesnt look right, i would say use the same as the one from the Draken.

and also the canopy is a bit tp high? i meen it should be rounder not so ecliptical rock.gif

I know because one of the pilots who died was from my home town. He died almost exactly the same time as I listened to his mother telling how proud she was about her son.  sad_o.gif

Sorry to hear that. sad_o.gif Swedish markings would be more appropriate than both the Finnish markings and the red-white markings even though Finland have had a few Drakens as Drakens are Swedish and we have had a lot more of them than anyone else. It's especially strange that there are red-white markings but no Swedish ones.

I am sorry to hear that too. sad_o.gif

The Redwhite one is Austrian markins..we still have Draken in service wink_o.gif ..and yes i was also not to happy with my textures... but i couldnt improve them because 3-4 days after i send them to FM i had to reformat my pc..including the enhanced textur  crazy_o.gif  and my Photoshop  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

...The Redwhite one is Austrian markins...

Not for much longer (if they are actually still in service)...The Austrian Government recently opted for the Typhoon as the new Austrian Air Force fighter smile_o.gif

The Boeing X-32 and the Northrop YF-23 are history...They were competitors to the JSF and the F/A-22 respectively and as such it would be pretty pointless making them as addons, and the X-32 has to be one of the ugliest military aircraft I've ever seen too crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Footmunch, what can I say...

Dude, sweet!

I've been flying around in the F-4 all day, and man, it rules. The F-4 is my all time favourite aircraft, and I think you've hit the nail clean on the head with this one.

Once you've finished the cockpit, this little beauty will be spot on.

I love the Napalm bomb, excellent work on that, and the exhaust smoke from the engines is excellent too.

Keep up the great work mate, if you keep on like this, OFP will have all the aircraft it would ever need!

Nice work mate.

(I can email you a dedicated bug report on the F-4 if you want, just let me know smile_o.gif )

One thing that I requst is to have re-skins of your F-4's, mig 23's, and mig 27's in a Tonal skin .... And if possible come up with a Tonal pilot with a TDF flag patch on his shoulder.... THX

ah, Son of a gun... I never saw it.. lol

*EDIT* Yes.. But that's a chopper pilot.. Along with every other pilot made... I think it's time some one made a decent looking fighter pilot model, with a detachable oxygen mask and a flip down visor that works in conjunction with the mask, and maybe add another Fighter pilot model with NVG's mounted on the helmet, and then disable the visor for night missions... and make the shoulder area set object texture compatable so that you could make the pilot be whatever nation you want it to be... Kinda like that international troop that was made...

@ Oct. 20 2003,14:16)]ah, Son of a gun... I never saw it.. lol

*EDIT* Yes.. But that's a chopper pilot.. Along with every other pilot made... I think it's time some one made a decent looking fighter pilot model, with a detachable oxygen mask and a flip down visor that works in conjunction with the mask, and maybe add another Fighter pilot model with NVG's mounted on the helmet, and then disable the visor for night missions... and make the shoulder area set object texture compatable so that you could make the pilot be whatever nation you want it to be... Kinda like that international troop that was made...

Its been asked so many times before but no addon maker wants to do it. sad_o.gif Maybe we (IM:UC) will. rock.gifsmile_o.gif

It would be great if BAS would do it.... I really liked their SOAR pilots, i'm thinking that if the fighter pilot model was made with such quality and scripting knowlege.... It would be used through-out the whole OFP community!

I don't care who builds it..BAS would produce a top quality model but they are EXTREMELY busy with their other stuff I would imagine....a modern fighter jock would a much welcome addition biggrin_o.gif

One very big reason it hasn't been made is because of the nasty problem of the Oxygen hose. Remember the pilot moves his head and the Oxygen hose is supposed to be flexible...but that would be extremely difficult to simulate that in OFP as the hose would be moving all over his body or if he looked up, one end would be in the air not attached to anything. But perhaps someone will create some inventive way of dealing with that problem.

If they did, it would be very cool if they made a HALO jumper from that model as well. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i have to say that the f4 is one of your best aircraft yet, it blows me away, keep up the good work. biggrin_o.gif

i hope to see in the future more planes on the resistance side, so we can control who fights who in what plane easier, and more desert textures!!! i am fascinated with desert textures biggrin_o.gif (has anyone taken a stab at the f5 yet...lookin at you sxep)

About the NH-90, the NH-90 on the TTH version has 20 seats for troops, not 12, can carry 12 strechers, or 2500 Kg cargo.

The chopper has a double line of seats(L _|_ _|) in the middle, so you can acomodate tow more lines of seats.

I had the feeling that the chopper had to be larger than you portracted, otherwise, ˇGreat Job!

Right, lot to get through (thanks smile_o.gif ):

Thanks to GooB and SnakeMan for the cockpit resources via

PM. You both get mentions in the future readme's.

Templates uploaded and checks out: A-26, Il-28, F-86

The flight model of the NH-90 is still a little bit away from

where I want it to be, so it may change a little before

beta. The proxy placement will be adjusted also.

Although I'd like to see a 'proper' pilot model, I don't usually

like addons that need addons, so I'd probably 'ship' my planes

with the standard BIS pilots as default. With the new version

of OFPAnim, who knows what's possible...

The numbers on the Napalm bombs were a debugging thing-

I'll remove them. As soon as I'm happy with the script,

they will make a transition onto the Skyraider. The Skyraider

will be made roundel and number capable in an update soon,

so you can make your own Tonal versions with the roundels.

If Swedish Forces Mod (or even FDF) want to take the Draken

further, be my guest.

Specifics:

Wonder - Sorry about the Finnish roundel placement. One

problem with the roundels is that they appear at the same

place on all planes: the Swedish model (which is the 'base' for

the addon) has the roundels on the tail, so every other

version has to do that also. If it's causing you real pain, let

me know.

One - I do know that at least one Mod has a desert-textured

F-5 in progress...

Deadmeat - You can post any bugs here (or via PM if you're

feeling shy smile_o.gif )

Lee - Is that a German display team? You can contact me

via PM if you want the texes included in the final addon. If

you want to release the re-paint yourself, go ahead (after

a TAG change or two...)

Viriato - I've got a model that has 20 seats, it's just that

I couldn't fit the door gunner in. I may release two versions in

the final - the current, 12-seat, door gunner version, and a

20-seat version with the gunner in the front seat and a

couple of rocket pods, to clear any LZ. Scale is almost right

according to data on the web, but it may get 5-10% larger to

match the slightly oversized world of OFP.

in order to use the door gunner they had to take out like 3 seats, i had see the pics of a mock-up cargo area, but now i had no be able to find them