Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Trinity 2.0

ok! well you know, the most important is that you tried to do it... it's too bad that i can't be done via wrpedit, now i have to put them myself! tounge_o.gif i thought any addon was "wrpedit compliant" ; anyway, your island is amazing! bravo!

Glad you guys like the new version. Thanks to everybody thats taken the trouble to give me feedback. makes all the work worthwhile.........Cheers biggrin_o.gif

Buggs, LOVE THE ISLAND!!! I am working on a campaign on this island. I have about two missions completed so far. My only gripe about V2 over V1 is that in V2 you placed a camp in that forest near Hope Valley. I was hoping on putting tents and such in that forest for the rebels/guerilla fighters, but I think I found other sutible areas on the southern part of the island. I kind of made the missions without writing out a plan for it. Thank you for the hard work, job well done mate. Time to create more missions for the American 18th Airborne Corps.

George

Buggs, LOVE THE ISLAND!!! I am working on a campaign on this island. I have about two missions completed so far. My only gripe about V2 over V1 is that in V2 you placed a camp in that forest near Hope Valley. I was hoping on putting tents and such in that forest for the rebels/guerilla fighters, but I think I found other sutible areas on the southern part of the island. I kind of made the missions without writing out a plan for it. Thank you for the hard work, job well done mate. Time to create more missions for the American 18th Airborne Corps.

George

Cheers, if you havent already, check out the following areas ED-75, JD-41, JD-45, GH-33. These areas were cleared for the very purposed you described, Good luck with the campaign

Buggs wink_o.gif

i dont know if this is a bug but in helms bridge 1 part of the bridge is lower than another

were u meant to do that or is it a bug?rock.gif

i like the island very

especially hope valley

its gonna b a hell of an ambush

i like the island very

especially hope valley

Hope Valley is awesome, I have an entire platoon of 101st Air Assault troopers in BAS UH-60's flying thru there and they were ambushed by several ZU-23's nestled in the wooded area above Hope Valley. THis is part of one of the missions I am making for a campaign on Trinity Island. Happy hunting.

George

i dont know if this is a bug but in helms bridge 1 part of the bridge is lower than another

were u meant to do that or is it  a bug?rock.gif

i like the island very

especially hope valley

set ure terrain detail to normal that will sort it

As terrain detail in mp defaults to low which of the two versions would be best to install on a dedicated server and use in multiplayer? That means, which version (very low or normal) has less bugs like bridges at wrong height or something?

As terrain detail in mp defaults to low which of the two versions would be best to install on a dedicated server and use in multiplayer? That means, which version (very low or normal) has less bugs like bridges at wrong height or something?

I dont play multiplayer but most people that i have spoken to go for the normal terrain version.

That's the one i had installed anyway wink_o.gif

I just now changed all missions on trinity so that they use normal terrain detail in mp instead of low detail.

But i guess a low detail version is better than a very low detail version (maybe a hint for the next version?). Or are there really that many people wanting (or needing) a very low detail version?

You could always set a trigger for multiplayer games,

this setterraingrid 9

you can replace the number if you want to use diffrent terraindetail.. 1 is highest proberbly not work at any computer, 9 is normal, fixes the bridge to work correct -(in normal version in mp) but if you like better terrain detail use 5.

Dont forgett to use detected by anybody, and  fix so the trigger use the whole map.

------------------------------------------------------------

Other thing is we have released the two version Low and Normal with bindnings now (buggz fixed it for us) so you can have both version installed if you want and it wont crash in mp if people uses diffrent versions of it.

(trinity_20_low and trinity_20_normal)

You can download them in a pack at http://www.ofp.info/cti

/Cheers  wink_o.gif

Actually, 12.5 is normal and 50 is very low. Just look into the official command reference...

And you can put it in the init.sqs so everybody uses it and you don't have to use a trigger.

An important note, the aircraft waypoints for the primary airport/airbase on Trinity doesn't work correctly.  The waypoint takes the aircraft into the water after passing the turnoff point and the aircraft blows up.  If the aircraft is put on the north side and is facing south, it will takeoff by going south.

Besides the large crane not showing up on the island itself and the AI behavior at the primary airport, it's a great island full of fun places to do missions with.

The Scud Takedown mission reminded me of the last mission in the original first OFP campaign.

An important note, the aircraft waypoints for the primary airport/airbase on Trinity doesn't work correctly.  The waypoint takes the aircraft into the water after passing the turnoff point and the aircraft blows up.  If the aircraft is put on the north side and is facing south, it will takeoff by going south.

Besides the large crane not showing up on the island itself and the AI behavior at the primary airport, it's a great island full of fun places to do missions with.

The Scud Takedown mission reminded me of the last mission in the original first OFP campaign.

Hi, I think you are using liberty Airport, unfortunately this is not the main airport, You will have to use Stansfield airport for auto landing, if you have any problems see page 5 of this thread (near the bottom) for further assistance.

As for the crane, make sure you have the latest version of Agent smiths harbour pac (AGS_hckit 1.3)

Cheers, Buggs

Bit late but better now then never...

Is there going to be a winter version of Trinity?

Would be nice for campaigns if it begins in early summer and slowly turns to winter...

I highly doubt that buggs will make a winter version of Trinity. Although it wouldnt be too hard for some of the areas but on others it would be.

Bit late but better now then never...

Is there going to be a winter version of Trinity?

Would be nice for campaigns if it begins in early summer and slowly turns to winter...

Good idea.....but No plans to do this at present. However, originally the island was going to be divided into three areas, winter, desert and normal. But i decided against it at the last moment.

Cheers, Buggs  wink_o.gif

Nevermind, I found it on another site. Very beautiful island! Been driving arround in a Humvee and is really very good!! A MUST DOWNLOAD!!!

BTW, anybody got any missions for it???

Yes, sorry, redesigned my page smile_o.gif

Buggs: if you do a winter verison, consider using the textures from Kegetys' Winter Nogojev.

Buggs,

Wrptool(the one by PMC) has a texture replace tool, if you have winter versions of all the textures on the island, you can just use that tool and replace all the textures in about 20 minutes. It also has a object replace tool if you get ahold of some winter objects.