Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

Spec ops

I think there shuld be some special ops raids on camps and stuff there werent a lot of those in OFP and that depends on your definition of raid

Hope there´s some nasty vc querillas so we could kick some us ass.

Don't care. The special ops missions in OFP were the least interesting and most derivative part of the game- what really sets OFP apart is its depiction of regular infantry in combat situations.

i dont know tex while the spec ops missions were my least favourite part of the game as they all involved sneaking around and stealing documents/blow up tanks etc. you only have to look at the BAS missions to see the potential of special operations in OFP2 if the soldiers could see more at night it would make things very interesting

i dont know tex while the spec ops missions were my least favourite part of the game as they all involved sneaking around and stealing documents/blow up tanks etc. you only have to look at the BAS missions to see the potential of special operations in OFP2 if the soldiers could see more at night it would make things very interesting

I never liked the Spec Ops missions either, I think OFP's strength is in large scale combined arms battles, with lots of troops and vehicles, where you feel like you're part of a real war. Not necessarily always at once, but I don't particularly find playing Sniper that much fun, compared to commanding an entire squad or more.

I think commanding is the keyword here, being able to have lots of things at your disposal to complete the mission with in your own particular playing style.

I wasn't overly excited by the SpecOps missions in the CWC campaign - but most of my favourite user made missions are SpecOp ones smile_o.gif

BIS should make special forces missions that way BAS does, with lots of explosions and choppers zooming in from the sky and dumping out troops while tracers zip around your head...FUN!

Maybe bis should make something different, personally im getting tired of this us special forces shit.

I enjoyed special op. missions alot more than infantry ones, they were more quiet and tactical instead of the "2, target soldier", "oh no, 3 is down" thingy biggrin_o.gif , it always felt very intense to sneak around the enemy at night blowing things up and geting real close to the enemy, great atmosphere there.

Im hoping to see some nice green beret and seal missions in OPF2 involving scouting enemy activity and blowing up enemy suply caches or assaulting enemy camps in OPF2, im already imagining moving quietly in the jungle at night very carefully not to trip on a wire moving to intercept a vietcong tax colecter in some village, ah the adrenaline and excitement...

edit: ok, how about to play has VC? hit and run tactics, intercepting U.S. convoys or setting traps in the jungle smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]edit: ok, how about to play has VC? hit and run tactics, intercepting U.S. convoys or setting traps in the jungle

You know, I really don't want to see the manufacturing of a punji stick while I'm playing OFP tounge_o.gif .

edit: ok, how about to play has VC? hit and run tactics, intercepting U.S. convoys or setting traps in the jungle smile_o.gif

That´s exactly what i would love to see.

@ Oct. 09 2003,23:03)]That´s exactly what i would love to see.

But will bis have the balls of releasing a game to the market where players fight against american soldiers? I too would like to live this game from the other side of such event, like a member of a local VC cell doing hit&run assaults at night and hide in tunnels at day, to see how it would feel like to play the role of a vietnamese soldier fighting a big invasion force, it would definetly be original and interesting, and then theres the fact that Nam will only be a part of the game has there will also be Africa and Europe and the possibilities for players to play has tank crew, pilot, soldier, special op, etc. It would have to be a huge game if we could play both sides of all 3 campaigns including all available roles in war...

Huh, and sry for going a bit OT on this crazy_o.gif .

I hope Spec Ops are in the game!

I'll have to rename myself Special Ed 9 or something.

And I hope the Spec Ops in the game are gonna be modelled after you wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

EDIT: P.S. When's that Teletubbie mission coming out!?

The specops missions were my least favourite in the original game. I actually thought the notion sof having several main characters that y play on different missions in itself was kinda weird. (But I really liked flying the chopper).

I'd prefer to see mainly grunt/squad type action, and perhaps to have the specops missions to be a little more varied. Recon, calling in air or artuy strikes, prisoner rescue, assassination, communication sabotage etc.

The specops missions were my least favourite in the original game.  I actually thought the notion sof having several main characters that y play on different missions in itself was kinda weird. (But I really liked flying the chopper).

I'd prefer to see mainly grunt/squad type action, and perhaps to have the specops missions to be a little more varied. Recon, calling in air or artuy strikes, prisoner rescue, assassination, communication sabotage etc.

maybe because in specop missions you have to contol your AI very closely? wink_o.gif

Yes thats one problem they just wonder right into the middle of the enemy camp for no reason

The current game is good but it need some updates. Including the spec ops part. For the 'nam part I would like to see US and VC special forces and some missions made with them both. Both sides had missions which were very different of what the other side did. What couldn't be more fun than being a VC sapper and crawling into an US base in the night? Turning the US mines towards themselves and seeing them blow themselves up?

AND what could be also fun is when you get inserted by a slick into thick jungle, start moving towards a valley (goddamn make Ashau! biggrin_o.gif ) not knowing the next step you take could be your last one?

So keep the current grab and give the players the ability to choose what to do and make the decisions. smile_o.gif That's the thing I love in OFP. YOU can DO whatever you want! biggrin_o.gif

Hawkins

Spec ops are both good and bad. OFP is at it's best in infantry missions, but sneaking in behind enemy lines with HK's and picking baddies off with M21 are sooo cool. I hope SEALS will be in OFP2, they are so cool dudes!

I would like it to be like in the original CWC campaign. Very good balance between all branches, and much variation.