Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

For inspiration:

160mmwithspiderwebstylewheels.jpg

This is the only example so far that I have seen with the older “spider-web†style roadwheels which of course predate the “starfish†style.

@ May 31 2006,19:04)]This is the only example so far that I have seen with the older “spider-web†style roadwheels which of course predate the “starfish†style.

well those "spider-web" style roadwheels were mostly used on T-54s, later they were replaced with those other style roadwheels, used on T-55s.

Besides, these (lets say) mortar tanks, were basicaly build on T-54 tank base...  whistle.gif

@ May 31 2006,19:04)]This is the only example so far that I have seen with the older “spider-web†style roadwheels which of course predate the “starfish†style.

well those "spider-web" style roadwheels were mostly used on T-54s, later they were replaced with those other style roadwheels, used on T-55s.

Besides, these (lets say) mortar tanks, were basicaly build on T-54 tank base...  whistle.gif

wink_o.gif

Gedis, I am well aware of that.  If you read more of my posts you should be able to conclude that I am not new to the subject matter of the T54/T55 family (or several other things military related for that matter).  I have seen both types of road wheel many times before.

When I worded my sentence the way I did, it was inferred that I was talking about the specific Iraqi-modified vehicles, not the T54/T55 family in general.  In all of the other pictures I have seen of the 160mm mortar/T55 chassis combo, they where equipped with the later “starfish†type (not surprisingly).

time for a little update - troops and island stuff, WIP

airborne sniper and troopers

promo10vc.th.jpg

promo37nc.th.jpg

promo45rc.th.jpg

medics

promo24ln.th.jpg

more infantry variations and a complete version with medium res textures will be made as soon as the textures are really truely and definately final.

a weapon pack is in the making by rtr_commander. don't know the exact status, but as far as i know it is more or less done.

btw - credits for the hand model go to Our Weapons project wink_o.gif

//edit - anims by Sanctuary of course

in order to anticipate questions about the release date of the demo: no idea, maybe before, maybe after ArmA.

//edit: of course we could need a few more helping hands.

I don't know why but i just love the helmets and have to say that the textures and mapping on them is very nice thumbs-up.gif

Mmmmm, looking sweet. Is that Llauma's head I see there? tounge2.gif

Yeah its his head and we just need to find a few more faces as we currently dont have many for his head.

They're awesome notworthy.gif ! I can't wait for the release!! Keep up the good work smile_o.gif

Mmmmm, looking sweet. Is that Llauma's head I see there? tounge2.gif

Yeah its his head and we just need to find a few more faces as we currently dont have many for his head.

Check if DMA facepack (for Toyota Wars units) is any good. Seems to have Saddam. tounge2.gif

almost all of their faces have full beards which is insofar a problem as almost no serious army allows full beards:

1. for uniformity/discipline reasons.

2. practical reasons: a gasmask won't properly seal up if you've a full beard... particularly important for the iraqi army.

3. particular iraqi reasons: iran as theocracy was one of the few countries to allow its soldiers full beards. on the opposite you have baathist iraq which has always embraced secularism (ok, ok, after 9/11 saddam vainly tried to jump on the religious bandwagon) and has long been an ally of the west against 'the mullahs'.

bottom line: the DMA/liquid snakes faces - however well done they are - are inaccurate for iraqi soldiers.

almost all of their faces have full beards which is insofar a problem as almost no serious army allows full beards:

1. for uniformity/discipline reasons.

Amazing work guys! thumbs-up.gif Ultimate texture quality... I just agree with you on the beard issue. Discipline, discipline and discipline. One of the essential rule for serious armies.

So eager to play with your stuff! smile_o.gif

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

They look fantastic! thumbs-up.gif

Its been awhile but its time to show you some of the progress we have been getting up to since we have been quiet. We still aim to have a demo out for OFP and are slowly working on that ... just have been very busy over the summer with work as well as other personal stuff. Anyway enjoy these pics!

irq_apartment.jpg

irq_shops.jpg

This file is a bit big so here is the link:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/imuc/images/screens/irq_warehouse.jpg

Some of your [teams?] stuff is looking excellent.

Take care not to over do the plasticy effects on the uniforms tho, the sleeves on the Iraqi units are starting to look a bit shiny confused_o.gif

Otherwise, awesome, keep it up! biggrin_o.gif

very nice indeed smile_o.gif

they look bit fresh of the factory though on my opinion

mabye add some mire dust ot the cloths (specially on knees/elbows) maybe?

yeah, you're right. there could be some more dirt at the legs. part of the problem is though that you hardly see sandish dirt on khaki pants... but i'll tweak the textures a bit of course. same for the arms concerning shininess

Looks realy great. fantastic job. Keep it up smile_o.gif

Hope we see more soon.

due to the lack of work in terms of PR lately i'll publish my WIP screenshots here and in our WIP forum regularly now. they don't have the official quality like the polished screens on the homepage, they're just here to illustrate what we're working on (and to raise interest as we're in need of a few modellers, texturers and scripters :naughty: )

a hotel building, partly enterable

click

some more buildings and island stuff:

click

click 2

an ammo dump:

click

click 1

click 2

click 3

NB. these screenshots do not represent the final island. i just placed the buildings there for testing reasons. smiley is working on an island which he'll hopefully post pics of eventually.

a provincial prison:

click 1 click 2

click 3 click 4

the corner building is done now btw.

a compilation of our various helmets

tank crew:

click 1

click 2

a first insurgent/local:

click

... and finally a new fire effect for destroyed vehicles. short video here (~800kb, save target as...)

-----

anyone who wants to help the mod as modeller, texturer or scripter is welcome. newbies will be assisted as good as possible via msn or icq.

Looks all great thumbs-up.gif

Lets hope some good modlers\texturers\scripters join your team to speed things up pistols.gif

Looks very good, i like the hotel the most. notworthy.gif

Awesome work guys, those buildings look fantastic and that new fire effect looks real impressive notworthy.gif