Sign in to follow this  
norsu

Btr-60 ready roll

Pic 1 Pic2

Download here

Yes this is the same BTR-60 that can be found from next the version of FDF mod ("when it's done" tounge_o.gif). This addon does NOT need any other addons to work. I wanted release this thing as a single addon because IMO it fits the game's original era quite well. And I'm leaving to Germany for 8 months at the end of September so I wanted to give you a little gift smile_o.gif.

There is BTR-60 for both East and Resistance in this pbo.

Credits:

Norsu (me) - outer model textures, Oxygen work

MikkoV - outer model

AKM74 - original interior model & textures (modified by me)

The original interior is from AKM74's BTR-80 addon, but it's heavily modified to make it look like an BTR-60 interior.

Sounds are from AKM74's Russian APC pack because I liked them very much smile_o.gif.

This was the first time I even tried making textures from scratch, so tell me your opinion wink_o.gif. And please report any bugs you may find.

Very nice! Kudos to everyone involved smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I believe crapdogs *cough* blackdog's will be running it when he gets everything 100% operational.

Are there any servers that run the FDF mod?

Yes there are. They're better kept hidden to avoid huge crowds. (No, over 50 a bit too enthusiastic players isn't ideal for nice co-ops smile_o.gif )

Kyllikki server is currently mainly for Finnish-speaking crowds. Since we are a big squad ourselves we use the server every evening and things need to be organized somehow. We would like to have passwordless public server, but experience has showed it to be a bit chaotic.

Sorry to go on topic guys but this is a welcome addition to OFP. Thank you guys.

My first model released separately.

And a good job you have made sir (virtual pat on back) If I only had the time to learn how to do this myself… anyone want a wife and kid for a month or so?

My first model released separately.

And a good job you have made sir (virtual pat on back) If I only had the time to learn how to do this myself… anyone want a wife and kid for a month or so?

Modelling is not so hard to do. Just grab o2 and MAKE M16- tutorial and get on it. And you'll learn everything needed. And if not, you have guys like STT and Kege to help you. If they help you.

Yeh I know I should and would grasp the concept but I have other commitments like a young family and job. I feel bad everytime I d/l an addon and play OFP as I feel as if I have no right to use the fantastic addons made by ppl if I don't input or give back to the fantastic community that is OFP fans.

I have been playing since day one and I still have problems with things like scripts! lol. I only realy play in SP using the editor for my own fun and feel as if I am free-loading from all your addons and scripting knollage. Well thank god for ppl with more time to play with than me is all I can say.

Thanks guys.

Ahh yes. Commitments. Sometime you wish they wouldn't be there so you could be doing other stuff but life gets awfully empty without them, fast.

Perhaps it would be better if humans lived for 200 years. More than enuff time to do everything tounge_o.gif

Finally got time to test this beautiful addon. What can I say? Great work as usual. smile_o.gif

Just one question does all the amphibious vehicles have to ‘swim’ so darn slow?

Looks great, but I'm not going to download it until FDFmod 1.1 come. tounge_o.gif

Just one question does all the amphibious vehicles have to ‘swim’ so darn slow?

Maybe an engine limit once again sad_o.gif, I don't think that there's a config command for speed while in water.