Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

What militaria do you own?

Kind of old but I though I'd just say I'm addicted to eBay now. Bought another tankers helmet + an ushanka. Just got tanker uniform in the mail today. Also bid on a GAU-8 A10 bullet (11 inches long, 30mm wide - basically the size of a large cardboard paper towling holder togetherer). Also bid on four 20mm, 6 inch long Vulcan Cannon bullets. Planning to bid on a Russian Radio soon.

Edit: Ebay thread, anyone? smile_o.gif

militaria1.jpg

militaria2.jpg

militaria3.jpg

I have a number of authentic German WW2 medals and some award documentation to go with one of them.

I also have a soft ballistic vest

Some cam that my uncle gave me from when he was in vietnam,

No guns yet just waiting on my collectors licence to come through

Howmuch are the bidding on those bullets Blackdog? Are the the full bullet or just shells? I wish I had an income flow as good as yours, and a paypal account would help too. sad_o.gif

ah64a_04.jpg

The towel's mine but the large shells are my son's, picked up from a helicopter training area. The small shell is a 9mm for comparison.

It's the actual bullet.

What's the actual bullet?

You speak in shorthand like you know you're gonna be PR'd again any second. tounge_o.gif

read sgt. milkman's last post and think why bdog posted his reply.

Now, after reading Milkman's last post, I didn't even have to think. biggrin_o.gif

Blackdog, can I ask: 'How the hell did you get that delivered to you!?!?"

Please don't say, in the mail. tounge_o.gif

I have tonnes of old pics and a guncam film and film can from a P-40 warhawk making ground attacks on Papua New Guinea from WWII, all my grandfathers stuff, just stored at our house, as well as a Samurai sword, given to him by a japanese officer during the mass surrenders in the days following the armistice.

It's a shame I've only ever been able to look at the film under light and not in motion. sad_o.gif It looked as though it was an attack on a japanese base camp or forward position in the dense jungle.

I have tonnes of old pics and a guncam film and film can from a P-40 warhawk making ground attacks on Papua New Guinea from WWII, all my grandfathers stuff, just stored at our house, as well as a Samurai sword, given to him by a japanese officer during the mass surrenders in the days following the armistice.

It's a shame I've only ever been able to look at the film under light and not in motion. sad_o.gif It looked as though it was an attack on a japanese base camp or forward position in the dense jungle.

... in the mail :P

that's not really military , but i'm going to try to get some israeli Ephod for personnal use (I already own one , but i would like a larger model)

Do you know what type of round it is? (API, HEI, TP)

Sending that through the mail is insane. I would never be able to get something like that into the country through the mail. Actually i would get arrested for owning 'unlicensed ammunition'. I couldn't even import a new barrel and muzzle break for my legal and registered Lapua!

I've got a few things.

-An East German Ushanka

-Trench-coat from the German 5th Panzer division I think

-A good old German army coat, very warm

-Ex Australian military beret

-Ex Australian Army Cadet uniform

-2 pairs of Australian Army boots

-NZ Army badge

-Ex NZ Army rain coat

-A pair of ex-NZ Army pants

-Royal Artillery badge (was given to me by a military enthuist, don't know about its authenticacy though)

-.303 shell casings from rounds produced in 1943

(my father has the SMLE Mk.III that fired them which I will inherit at a later date)

In recent times I've picked up a Vietnam era Australian 300 round 7.62mm ammo tin and last weekend I brought a WW2 medal for service in the NZ military between 1939-1945.

-Probably a few other items that has slipped my mind

I would have more if I had inherited my grandfathers stuff when he died, but I think it ended up with my fathers cousin.

-.303 shell casings from rounds

In Global Studies, we were to analise one of these. Does anyone know what kind of gun, WW2 or modern, that this is fired from?

Do you know what type of round it is? (API, HEI, TP)

Sending that through the mail is insane. I would never be able to get something like that into the country through the mail. Actually i would get arrested for owning 'unlicensed ammunition'. I couldn't even import a new barrel and muzzle break for my legal and registered Lapua!

PGU 16 (not sure what kind of round this is)

It's live isn't it?!

*Imagines a postal worker dropping the package, setting off the charge. No more Postal worker!*

Wow. Surely thats illegal, if not, extremely dangerous! wink_o.gif

It's live isn't it?!

*Imagines a postal worker dropping the package, setting off the charge. No more Postal worker!*

Nah, it's filled with <s>anthrax</s> inert material instead of gunpowder.

It's live isn't it?!

Nah, it's filled with <s>anthrax</s> inert material instead of gunpowder.

LOL, I like your style Blackdog! tounge_o.gif

I was gonna say, live munitions in the post, thats nuts! crazy_o.gif

-.303 shell casings from rounds

In Global Studies, we were to analise one of these. Does anyone know what kind of gun, WW2 or modern, that this is fired from?

It was the standard round for British and Empire/Commonwealth Forces from the late 1890's to the early sixties. The weapons which fired it included The Lee-Enfield Rifles (Up to the L42), the BREN, British-built Browning Machine guns, The Lewis Gun and the Vickers Gun.

Can anyone guess???

jdw010522_1_p.jpg

BTW:  Stock pic, mine is attached to a necklace.  I dont have a dig camera.