Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

Would you replace the T55's ingame with RHS's? And also could you replace some of the civilian cars with the GAZ 24 addon? smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die tounge_o.gif ]

You could always replace it with Silesian's excellent retextured T55.  wink_o.gif

But it wont have all those pretty features. sad_o.gif  smile_o.gif

[skul must die] tounge_o.gif

Hey Aeon, a couple of weapon suggestions:

- Some sort of shotgun (maybe sawed off?)

- A crossbow for a silent weapon

- "Homemade" suppressor for rifles or pistols: the kind of stuff people whip up out of plastic soda bottles and gaffer tape...

wink_o.gif

As I already said, I don't have Oxygen so...

And I rather not talk about vehicle it isn't planned

Well, I know of a sawed of double barrell shotgun addon (I'm pretty sure I could get you permission to use it - the author gave me permission to modify it), and there at least two crossbow addons out...if you're interested you could ask if you could use one.  wink_o.gif

As for the suppressor, well, I guess without Oxygen it's not possible. If I had any 3D skills I'd have a crack at it for you.  smile_o.gif In fact, I have a little idea, so if I can get it working, I'll donate it to your mod...

I love the shotgun idea, and I think I know the sawed double barrel shotgun you talking about. Unfortunely it is not good enough (no offense to the author), the model could be much better and there are not enough different texture parts.

Crossbow...no, it's just some commando folks. I didn't see any Mujahdeen/IRA/Palestinian or any other guerilla soldier with crossbow in hands

I will send you the shotgun I'm talking about - while it's pretty old now, I think a good retexture job would make it look as good as anything out now - the base mosel seems fine to me. Anyway, it's your call on whether to use it or not.

Same with the crossbow - if you don't think it fits your mod, that's cool too.

And I'm still working on the "homemade" loking suppressor idea - maybe suppressed AKs and Makarovs/Tokarev pistols. I'll let you know when I make any progress with this.

"homemade" loking suppressor

A hollowed-out bear can? rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

But seriously, what is a homemade silencer?

(Edit:7 more posts till I get to bed! Must....reach..... 950 posts! crazy_o.gif )

Why not homemade... In Chechen wars soldiers/rebels often used Plastic botles with lil holes at the end fitted to old hunting rifles or similar stuff to reduce the firing sound a bit...

And so a new more silent short range sniper rifle was invented, the SV-99

People have used all kinds of stuff to (illegally?) suppress firearms - plastic bottles, oil filters etc.

In fact, you can even buy books on how to make your own "silencers". I won't discuss the methodology here, as it is on questionable legal ground.

build.jpg   2949630.gif

FIA weapon couldn't anymore be compatible with JAM...

I know, I said it will at least for AK... Sorry for those which disapproves. Let's me to give you the explanation :

I scripted a new tracer effect smile_o.gif (not really finished, but near) no more draw everywhere. I can't give you screenshot because the effect is too quick and you must to see it in game to appreciate it. I could spawn tracer effect for 1/5 rounds (or 1/3 for MG?) -not regular but as ratio-

I asked to BAS to make no tracer ammunition for JAM update but they didn't want. So I can't add my tracer effect + BIS tracer effect (it would be too much!)

About the script itself, no-loop/no-createvehicle only a "drop", it will not stress CPU

Anyway I will re-use JAM's ballistic values and hit sounds for AK-47 to remain conform with other JAM-compatible addon

Maybe you could show your new tracer effects to BAS...perhaps they would consider using it in JAM itself. It sounds like a really nice addition to OFP.

Edge and myself still working on it. I desesperatly look for a good hunt civilian double barrel shotgun or a sawn- off shotgun, but I didn't find... sad_o.gif

I think I should just re-use Kozlice shotgun

Maybe you could still use JAM weapon sounds (with permission of course), since a lot of people use JAM units, the sounds are good and it´s strange when a lot of weapons of the same type sound different...

Edge and myself still working on it. I desesperatly look for a good hunt civilian double barrel shotgun or a sawn- off shotgun, but I didn't find... sad_o.gif

I think I should just re-use Kozlice shotgun

Sorry dude, I'll send you that double barrell sawed off that I have - I'm sure with your texturing skills you could make it look very good.

Its already been suggested, but why not just share the tracer scripting with us so that it can be incorporated into JAM?

Its already been suggested, but why not just share the tracer scripting with us so that it can be incorporated into JAM?

not a bad idea~~,cause i had had enought of those tracer,

too mant of them smile_o.gif

I would like to reveal something more of the texturing part of discussed addon. Published units will slightly vary from those pictured. BTW the BTR-80 is sweet smile_o.gif

fia_res_prev01.gif

Nice units...but what´s with the caption?

Is this part of some kind of campaign or is it just for atmosphere?

Aeon,

Firstly thanks for passing on the tracer script, innovative peice of work.

However, we do have a concern with the CPU load especailly in the following areas.

1) the Fired EH - there are alot of different weapons, magazines and ammo types in JAM, so to include a check for all the different types in the Fired EH might be a bit much especially considering it's running the check for every bullet fired.

2) given the volume of fire that can be generated with HD weapons, it could be possible to have 20 bullets in the air at any one time, which would mean 20 scripts running at the same time.

Note, that our concerns are purely theory, do you have any test results on system usage with say 48 units firing at each other?

SelectThis

Thats a pretty fantastic feat to operate a BTR-80 in 1972. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

The units look very neat though. smile_o.gif

Thats a pretty fantastic feat to operate a BTR-80 in 1972.  tounge_o.gif   wink_o.gif

HA true, true. biggrin_o.gif

Aeon,

Firstly thanks for passing on the tracer script, innovative peice of work.

However, we do have a concern with the CPU load especailly in the following areas.

1) the Fired EH - there are alot of different weapons, magazines and ammo types in JAM, so to include a check for all the different types in the Fired EH might be a bit much especially considering it's running the check for every bullet fired.

2) given the volume of fire that can be generated with HD weapons, it could be possible to have 20 bullets in the air at any one time, which would mean 20 scripts running at the same time.

Note, that our concerns are purely theory, do you have any test results on system usage with say 48 units firing at each other?

SelectThis

1) In your case every condition/check for all differents ammo could affect CPU load...but I don't really know, because I never encounter a such problem with my only 3 weapons class

I suggest to define only one ratio (1/3) for every weapon; and to duplicate the script (one for green tracer + one for red tracer).

It could resolve the problem : only one EH and no ammo check! East unit class will call GreenTracer.sqs, and so West unit class will call RedTracer.sqs

Of course you understand that if a East unit pick a West weapon, he still firing green tracer  sad_o.gif

2) There isn't any recursive loop, and drop particle is very soft with CPU load, the script itself while running is cool with CPU. Now about the instance step (I mean -Open the script/execute the script/close the script-) I proceed to a test :

bench.jpg

30 units with RPD Vs 30 units with RPD (during 20 seconds)

(RPD have good rate of fire, high-moderate dispersion and tracer ratio 1/3)

Frames: 481 - Time: 20329ms - Avg: 23.660 - Min: 15 - Max: 32

30 units with PK Vs 30 units with PK (during 20 seconds)

(Original PK from BIS)

Frames: 667 - Time: 20319ms - Avg: 32.826 - Min: 27 - Max: 42

* Config : XP 1800+ , GeForce 4200 , 512 RAM

** My current script have an additional jammed condition/check, but even if I would have remove it I think I will still loose approximately -10 FPS when using tracer script

IMHO it's acceptable, according to the fact that huge battle with 60 AI/player with machine gun are quite rare

Thats a pretty fantastic feat to operate a BTR-80 in 1972. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

You caught me. I may pretend it was a joke but I should honestly say that it is my fault. Of course it is a nonsense, I liked those APCs too much so it prevailed over my common sense... crazy_o.gif

Apologies to any offended military fans, of course there should be rather "1985". You know, this is what you could expext from the texture painter on 23 p.m. after long day texture painting... wink_o.gif

Gollum1: The (wrong) caption is just for atmosphere. But maybe some mission maker will make some "Operation Weeping Chimney" after he reads the caption. The game is all about stories... biggrin_o.gif

This came to me in a dream:

Since these guys are rebel forces, that means they scavenge for materials from thier former jobs or from dead bodies. So lets say a Nogova police officer joins the resistance. His clothing might be half police uniform with half resistance camo. Lets say a member of the Nogovan Militia joined the resistance. He would be wearing Nogovan Militia uniform but maybe more worn. Now lets say an average joe joined the resistance. He would scavenge from dead russians and US soldiers. His clothing would have a M1 or PASGT helmet(can take the model from sebnam or BAS) and nogovan oak pattern. smile_o.gif

(PS:Can I be a beta tester? tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif )