Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

This came to me in a dream:

Since these guys are rebel forces, that means they scavenge for materials from thier former jobs or from dead bodies. So lets say a Nogova police officer joins the resistance. His clothing might be half police uniform with half resistance camo. Lets say a member of the Nogovan Militia joined the resistance. He would be wearing Nogovan Militia uniform but maybe more worn. Now lets say an average joe joined the resistance. He would scavenge from dead russians and US soldiers. His clothing would have a M1 or PASGT helmet(can take the model from sebnam or BAS) and nogovan oak pattern. smile_o.gif

You are not only person here dreaming. smile_o.gif

Of course, it would be possible to make the addon aven more variegated, but every single unit model (model+textures) consumes about 1,5 MB of space of PBO. Add few variants of such "scavengers" and you have more than 20 variations to create, fat 30 MB addon adding just few soldiers.

I think that current state will add the necessary variation to the guerilla addon. Putting more effort into this would have almost same effect with much more work to do. Of course, if created with proper approach, some very interesting units could be produced...

I have a guestion about those "scavangers".

It is possible to "borrow" existing, original models of soldiers?

I mean put in pbo only config.cpp containing "links" to bodies, arms, legs, ect.

It should be rather small, but can have a big variety of units.

PS. I'm not addon maker or scripter, so it is only my thoughts.

Thats a pretty fantastic feat to operate a BTR-80 in 1972.  tounge_o.gif   wink_o.gif

HA true, true. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, BTR-152/60 might be more appropriate. smile_o.gif

Why are you torturing me like this? You show all those great pictures and more I see, more I would love to play with them. smile_o.gif

New soldier pics

These are 3 of 4 basic retextured models Aeon is going to use. This is just another internal beta, so many things may change in final release.

About the beta: As Aeon has recently stated (in reaction to my suggestions to show one playable model), there will be no betas, just full release when it is completed. smile_o.gif

edit: please keep post image size under 100kb

Hmm, was hoping the textures might be a bit crisper, but still looks good. I am eagerly awaiting this addon release - keep up the good work.

Maybe they´ll look different in-game...they look good, anyway. And it´s just a beta. smile_o.gif

I like them as well they are. But what do you mean by "crisper" ? (excuse my english)

I like them as well they are. But what do you mean by "crisper" ? (excuse my english)

Sharp, non-blurred etc. tounge_o.gif

Sharp, non-blurred etc. tounge_o.gif

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I don't want to say bad stuff about this addon, because (IMHO) it is one of the best addons coming. Resistance have always been my favourite side to play, and have been sorely neglected in the addons department, compared to West and East...

But the textures did like a little blurry and sloppy, but it might have just been a bad screenshot.

For the guy with the balaclava (ski mask), are you going to use the resistance sniper texture - because it's a lot better than the earlier (CWC) Blackop texture...

The textures look pretty good to me... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But the textures did like a little blurry and sloppy, but it might have just been a bad screenshot

Here a Hi-quality screenshot of Edge FIA soldier :

1280x1024 resolution / graphic card : Anisotrope Filtering x4

Screenshot JPEG format without compression (100%)...so 536 Ko  crazy_o.gif

Edge' s soldier

The decision belong to Edge, he could choose to re-work his textures to make them more "crisper"...or not.

I'm still very concerned by your wish or suggestion, if you have some please share them  smile_o.gif

Oh yeah, looks MUCH better in that bigger screenshot! smile_o.gif Can see the detail now - looks great.

I still think the upper body cammo textures could be sharpened a fraction, though.

Oh yeah, looks MUCH better in that bigger screenshot!  smile_o.gif Can see the detail now - looks great.

I still think the upper body cammo textures could be sharpened a fraction, though.

They use original BI models so I don;t think this will happen sad_o.gif

I realize that it's the model mainly(in the front) but could you look at making the straps straighter?

textures look good. smile_o.gif

Just an idea. Why not get together with RHS about those new animations for soldiers? After having seen those I hope ever new addon uses them smile_o.gif.

BM

Just an idea. Why not get together with RHS about those new animations for soldiers? After having seen those I hope ever new addon uses them smile_o.gif.

BM

Nooo! I want this addon released in the next 12 months (err, no offence RHS wink_o.gif )

BM

Nooo! I want this addon released in the next 12 months (err,  no offence RHS  wink_o.gif )

Then I hope the animations reverse engineers old units too smile_o.gif. That would be optimal of course.

RHS Animations, T-XX, This and Sucheys marines are my most wanted Add-Ons at the moment. That CSLA mod looks awesome too btw.

BM

First, some notes to the "crisper textures" and "narrower straps" issues:

The camo pattern is a bit blurred, as well as some other textures. This has two main reasons:

1) I am a lazy bastard who paints in Photoshop on 256x256 squares and refuses to learn O2 modelling, so I cannot make magnificent models with amazingly detailed textures. wink_o.gif

2) The model is textured in the way it is, and since neither me nor Aeon are able to model in O2, I had to do the best to fit the textures on original models, which are far from esthetic perfection f shape and texture mapping.

The curving straps and many minor biases are also caused by model features I cannot influence. Believe me, it was tough job to make the straps connected and visible. The models are made to be simple and don't cause lag, and the 256x256 textures really do their job.

Here is screenshot Blackdog has made on his top-notch machine as a proof that even these textures may look good: the picture here!

The screenie I posted (dear admins, sorry it was more than 100kB) was made on my mediocre 700MHz Duron with old Riva graphics card and 256 MB RAM. On this configuration, units tart looking unbelievably ugly at 5 meters tounge_o.gif

Balaclava texture - I have used tke resistance sniper's texture and made some changes which you can see on the picture Aeon has posted (knitted borders).

I would also like to say that there are many biases on the textured model, which could be noticed in close and careful look, but which you simply do not notice during gameplay. Also some texture distortions visible on screenshots don't look that bad on moving model in game.

some news for you :

Shotgun :

model/texture by BIS (Kozlice), but new code (double barrel) and new sounds.

Skorpion :

model/texture by BIS, but news sounds and new code

About the code : When I played Resistance campaign, I've noticed AI often switch primary weapon to handgun when engage enemy at medium/close range.

Switching weapon require animation, wich is often deadly because unable to firing while animation time.

Hopefully I fixed that smile_o.gif AI will use handgun only if their primary weapon is unavailable or out of ammo

Mine :

model/texture by BIS, but unexploited...the TM-62M

new code

---

I found a way to reduce CPU load for tracer smile_o.gif

I made a little movie to show you how it looks. (The capture movie require low resolution and the DivX compression affect quality, I can guarantee you it's much better "in game")

TracerTest 4Mo

Guest ####

I just watched the tracer video and I'm impressed Aeon, that RPD gunner gave me fond memories of my gunners course.

Looks very nice(as long as the tracers are not coming at me biggrin_o.gif )   This's gonna be really cool when its released smile_o.gif