Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

Probably not for regular and serious army, but every poor para-militarian group use drug. Most of the time it's alcohol. They don't use drug for pleasure but to gain courage.

About cocaine, (child) soldiers in Sierra Leone used it, also few G.I's in Vietnam, and Croatian soldiers in Ex-Yugoslavia, and there are surely many others case.

It's just reality of the war, not the asepticized one you are dreaming while watching news on TV. About the "M" rating (?), did you realize you bought a game were you KILL ? so please...

morphine...and there is also some...hmm...a...politically incorrect bad stuff

cc.jpg

But don't be afraid, no unit will have it as default equipement, access only by mission editing. For those who think I'm making an indecent junky pack, let's remind this picture :

cc.platoon.jpg

biggrin_o.gif  "sniff" smile_o.gif "sniff" tounge_o.gif lovely "sniff"

btw: legalice it!!!

Probably not for regular and serious army, but every poor para-militarian group use drug. Most of the time it's alcohol. They don't use drug for pleasure but to gain courage.

About cocaine, (child) soldiers in Sierra Leone used it, also few G.I's in Vietnam, and Croatian soldiers in Ex-Yugoslavia, and there are surely many others case.

It's just reality of the war, not the asepticized one you are dreaming while watching news on TV. About the "M" rating (?), did you realize you bought a game were you KILL ? so please...

well ya the game has a "m" rating, and this is a 3rd party mod, so what does it matter what content is included?

morphine...and there is also some...hmm...a...politically incorrect bad stuff

cc.jpg

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif LOL!!!!! Will it come with a snorting animation? tounge_o.gif

ooh, it looked like doobies to me

oh and mastakilla:

you really wanna have this laboratory- shit beeing legalized???

well looks like some sort of "speed" to me

it´s been used (and still in use!) by many armies so far to push their soldiers, and raise their aggression level and lower their pain and hunger feeling.

Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?

49a.gif

Seriously, I can see the use of medical drugs like morphine in the game, but stuff like cocaine and heroin might be pushing the limits of good taste.

A lot of people have had problems with these kind of drugs in real life, or know people with problems.

Now, if you want to make an alcohol addon, that's different!  tounge_o.gif  j/k

Now, if you want to make an alcohol addon, that's different!  tounge_o.gif  j/k

Oh yes... I can see it now.... "Gimbal's Drunkards" and a version for us Euros: "Gimbal's Football Hooligans"...  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, love the FIA mod and the fact that it will be JAMming to the tune of inter addonmaker cooperation. Puts a big old smile on my face. Keep it up!

cc.jpg

is that marijuana or am i just a complete idiot?

That's two lines of cocaine, a blade on top and a cilinder on the side to sniff it.

I think you guys are geting to much out of topic. That's not the stuff I would like to see in OFP, lets just stay with the morfine like he's trying to make it, for medical use.

As I said, this stuff won't be accessible with default equippement. To avoid any proselytism this can not affect player gameplay : it's useless (but only for AI -> allowFleeing 0).

Please no more polemic  mad_o.gif

oh and mastakilla:

you really wanna have this laboratory- shit beeing legalized???

yes i raise my two hand´s to legalice this stuff specially in South-Styria... biggrin_o.gif

(the dose makes the poison) is however only my opinion and so i had to say plz don´t try this at home rock.gif

now ot: what does the syntax "this allow fleeing" to ai?

btw: a possible effect of the morphine could be the same or nearly the same like BAS uses when a chopper land beside you and you don´t lower your googles  crazy_o.gif

OK, the addonmakers have had their say on the matter (drugs), can we please get this thread back on track, about the addon itself?

Thanks smile_o.gif

Should FIA units have man-portable air defense missile ?

I don't know what to choose :

- SA-7 Strela

A logical choice but original BIS's soviet already have it, and I prefere FIA have not equal or better weapons

- FIM-43 Redeye

The worst missile launcher, but made in US, and its proliferation is too limited to be in the hand of rebel or terrorist group

(BTW, I don't have Oxygen, so I couldn't make it myself)

- RPG-2

It's like an unguided rocket and each player who tried SEB Nam Pack can tell it's completely inefficient

If you have idea, please tell me

cc.jpg

is that marijuana or am i just a complete idiot?

That's two lines of cocaine, a blade on top and a cilinder on the side to sniff it.

I think you guys are geting to much out of topic. That's not the stuff I would like to see in OFP, lets just stay with the morfine like he's trying to make it, for medical use.

I dont see drugs but I see something a lot more frightening

Should FIA units have man-portable air defense missile ?

I don't know what to choose :

- SA-7 Strela

A logical choice but original BIS's soviet already have it, and I prefere FIA have not equal or better weapons

- FIM-43 Redeye

The worst missile launcher, but made in US, and its proliferation is too limited to be in the hand of rebel or terrorist group

(BTW, I don't have Oxygen, so I couldn't make it myself)

- RPG-2

It's like an unguided rocket and each player who tried SEB Nam Pack can tell it's completely inefficient

If you have idea, please tell me

JAM has units which carry RPG's that they will use against air targets.

Why not use a tripod and seat configured weapons system like the RBS-70 or Mistral?

Both these systems are old but effective and plausible exports to a small country, (the RBS-70 is the Nucleus of Irelands admittedly very limited battlefield air defence system) and the French tend to sell to anyone due to the huge number of people reliant on defence industry jobs.

x_70-2.jpg

I think an RPG-2 is too old and ineffective even for FIA, especially the AI have little chance of downing even a low-flying chopper with it. So I´d say SA-7, and you could always improve it, like make new optics and exhaust smoke? smile_o.gif

i'd go for Strela.

i guess it's most common among all kind of guerilla groups.

Also you could always add a worn off look to it via custom textures amd model.

You could modify the SA-7 a bit ... make it more interesting with a few special effects. Add a stronger smoke trail, and if possible, try to simulate the launch process better. I mean, first the rocket pops out of the tube, and when it's far enough from the person launching it, the missile engine ignites. Couldn't find a video of this right now, and i'm too lazy to google ...

some ideas:

SA-7 Grail (9K32M Strela-2)

hn-5_2.jpg

or

SA-14 Gremil (9K34 Strela-3)

sa-14-img006.jpg

or

SA-16 Gimlet (Igla-1 9K310)

sa-16-img003.jpg

or

SA-18 Grouse (Igla 9K38)

Image188.gif

or

Mistral

mistral-02.jpg

(think thats to modern for FIA)

Maybe a Redeye missile would be good.  It's a US missile(before FIM-92 Stinger), and I'd really like to see one made(I'm surprised theres not one in NP2, but it probably wasn't used much in Nam).

Redeye

In the 80's the Mujahideen were trained to use stingers to fight the Afghanistan Soviet invasion.

I thing this Stingers could be good for a FIA mod, and if you can use a escript on the weapon to make it more reall it would be great.