Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

Exactly!

The stinger would be the perfect MANPAD system for the Resistance as they are 'backed' by the US smile_o.gif

In the 80's the Mujahideen were trained to use stingers to fight the Afghanistan Soviet invasion.

I thing this Stingers could be good for a FIA mod, and if you can use a escript on the weapon to make it more reall it would be great.

Good thinking. smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

A very good example "pool" for the FIA can actually be found in the croatia/yougoslav war. In the beginning of this conflict the croatian "army" has been rather a resistance style mob. There were MANY self made "weapon systems" that actually functioned and that would do OFPs scale justice.

Some examples:

Water boiler tanks filled with explosives attached to crop duster planes as bombs. Droped on field camps near Nasice.

12-gauge single shot "shotguns" made of Volkswagen Beetle steering axles.

Lots of self-made steel plate armoured trucks, tractors armed with MG-34, MG-42 and so on.

Strange nobody picked up this conflict so far because it would fit the small island scale very well.

A very good example "pool" for the FIA can actually be found in the croatia/yougoslav war. In the beginning of this conflict the croatian "army" has been rather a resistance style mob. There were MANY self made "weapon systems" that actually functioned and that would do OFPs scale justice.

Some examples:

Water boiler tanks filled with explosives attached to crop duster planes as bombs. Droped on field camps near Nasice.

12-gauge single shot "shotguns" made of Volkswagen Beetle steering axles.

Lots of self-made steel plate armoured trucks, tractors armed with MG-34, MG-42 and so on.

/avon experiments launch with kitchen toaster

Did you get that nuclear launch capable toaster when you started your new bank account? tounge_o.gif

The Mistral would be nice for Resistance, but I would rather have some old obsolete Russian gear for F.I.A, since they being backed by the U.S isn't always the best deal for mission makers. Since the logical enemy for the U.S at the moment is a F.I.A like movement. But still they could have been backed by the U.S, but the Americans then decided that they were a part of the "axis of evil"

Like an outcome of the Resistance plot, former allies becomes enemies (TBA's war on terror and so on...)

A little preview of the RPD.

Top of the screenshot, the RPD model and textures by SEB from SEB Nam Pack 2

Bottom of the screenshot, same model but retextured

FIARPD.jpg

The behaviour of this machine gun is really different of BIS machine gun standards. Less recoil than a simple riffle and dexterity handicap because of its weight and deployed bipod, also dispersion were increased to balance with recoil.

Finally RPD is a great weapon for suppressive fire (not for snipe at long range), and I think the machine gunner slot in MP won't remain free anymore

--

I see many divergant opinions about man-portable air defense missile.

Another idea would be to NOT give manpad missile to FIA... but later, if a vehicle pack is planned, to include a static ZU-23-2. Does it sound good ?

Very nice work!

In the top pic, what soldier unit is that with the beautiful floral tiara on his head? biggrin_o.gif

Very nice work!

In the top pic, what soldier unit is that with the beautiful floral tiara on his head? biggrin_o.gif

One of the SEB nam pack vietnamise Soldiers i think Avon.

but later, if a vehicle pack is planned, to include a static ZU-23-2. Does it sound good ?

I'd advise against it... we already have two very good ones, one from AKM74 and one from Sebastian Muller...Although you can maybe put some extra camoflage on it such as bushes, ect.

you know...I don't have Oxygen, so I re-use existing addons without changing model  

rock.gif

but later, if a vehicle pack is planned, to include a static ZU-23-2. Does it sound good ?

I'd advise against it... we already have two very good ones, one from AKM74 and one from Sebastian Muller...Although you can maybe put some extra camoflage on it such as bushes, ect.

It could double as a NVA version................. rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Oops...

PS: Until eviscerator said it, I wouldn't really believe that vietcong would be a good place to draw an opinion from... especially considering they have M151-A2's (produced in the 80's) instead of M151-A1's (produced in the 60's)...

PPS: Just checked the website. It's a ZPU-2

vehicle_4a_tn_over.jpg

The NVA even had shilkas...and they definately had ZU-23's.

I know, I saw that one movie about the Intruder a few weeks ago. It had sweet sounds for the shilka. wow_o.gif

I still recon he should add a stinger rock.gif

I proposed the idea to the Nomad mod when they estarted the mod, but I don't know how they are doing or if they are working or not in a stiger like I proposed.

Here is how the stinger work in real life

Quote[/b] ]Is one shot weapon.

From switch on, you have ninety seconds of battery life in witch to make the shot, that's it.

First you get the target with the naked eye. Once visual, you click the trigger. This switch on the battery, start the passive IR seeker head cooling, and make the optical site come live. You track the target with the optical sight, while the seeker head search the sky for a heat source.

The missile start growling. When the head see the target's heat-signature, it change its audio signal from a low growl to a high-pitched buzzing.

Now the head is "lock-to-launch" state. If it all still looks good, you make the second triger click, then "she" fires.

From the book "The shooting gallery" from Gaz Hunter.

This can be done in OFP ( I hope) by using some complex escripts ( I supose), but nowdays, after all this new addons with this fantastic escripts, I don't thing will be so much of an imposibility.

A stinger? Don't think so. It's a too modern and efficient weapon (like Mistral), even if Mujahideen received those high-tech gifts that doesn't mean most of rebel group have them. And FIA are not backed by US -neither by Russian-

Finally a static AA system could be fine...later.

Now something new I'm currently working on :

biggrin_o.gif

The famous "runaway!" scene from Holy Grail...

runaway.jpg

retreat.jpg

...to OFP

AI throw smokeshell when retreating to cover their escape. Should work fine in SP but for MP we'll need OFP 1.92

Ahh yes, and it would be even better if we used holy handgrenades of Antioch instead of smokeshells, right?

(...)

[Edit]

DAMN! You were faster with that bloody thing mad_o.gif