Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

You tallking about it like if is not far for release, I meen a mounth or so. Do I'm right?

Is this going to be a near future release? biggrin_o.gif

Nagh nagh nagh... question question question...

I think we need a gasmask addon to counter this. Shouldn't be impossible to make, after all, there are BAS rangers who suffer from the sand-in-the-eye syndrome when jumping out of choppers without protective glasses.  ghostface.gif

Yeah, a gasmask equipped FIA soldier and gasmask equipped russian and american soldiers would be sweet. With an option to take the mask on/off (like the helmets on the RLNMC)

And also if not wearing a gas mask in the mustard gas cloud you should get blind after a while. This happened to many soldiers in WW1 I hear. Great job, and keep it up biggrin_o.gif

I'm afraid I can't make a gasmask and there is no device to protect from gas effect (wich is only affect health parameter). The only way to protect from the gas is to board an armored vehicle

I definatively support this idea. Also the ideo of mismatched clothing like in BIB's african soldier pack would be nice. Most real-world militias and resistance units do not have uniforms but rather stuff they've picked up from enemys and such combined with normal clothing and perhaps some foreign camouflage given to the unit from foreign supporters. So a mix of soviet/russian camo, US woodland (the most common/ widely copied camo), civilian clothes, and maybe some other camo types would be nice.

I have made some texturing work just for my personal pleasure, which somehow matches with your idea. If there is anybody interested, just head to http://edge.xaper.com (some adds, remote linking forbidden... sad_o.gif )to check some first samples. My aim was to add some variety to visual aspect of OFP guerilla force...

BTW It is good to hear somebody's making this.

I definatively support this idea. Also the ideo of mismatched clothing like in BIB's african soldier pack would be nice. Most real-world militias and resistance units do not have uniforms but rather stuff they've picked up from enemys and such combined with normal clothing and perhaps some foreign camouflage given to the unit from foreign supporters. So a mix of soviet/russian camo, US woodland (the most common/ widely copied camo), civilian clothes, and maybe some other camo types would be nice.

I have made some texturing work just for my personal pleasure, which somehow matches with your idea. If there is anybody interested, just head to http://edge.xaper.com  (some adds, remote linking forbidden... sad_o.gif )to check some first samples. My aim was to add some variety to visual aspect of OFP guerilla force...

BTW It is good to hear somebody's making this.

VERY nice...any chance you'd release these?

VERY nice...any chance you'd release these?

In fact, I have just written message to Aeon in which I offer to donate my textures to him. I dont want to release just another retextured soldiers while you all will be using Aeon's stuff when he releases it. smile_o.gif But if he won't be interested, I am going to release it with 2 SP and 1-3 MP missions under "Edge Of The World" brand.

I can olnly say ILAFJUIOASFHIOAHFIPAEGJOPBGHFH IU/DFTYA

Those FIA retextured soldiers look dam good. wink_o.gif

You should use some models from west and east sides, retexture them and place them on FIA side.

Ooh, this pack just keeps growing and growing! I hope this will become a "standard" addon for the OFP community. Just concentrate on making it bug-free, nobobdy wants bugs and unfinished units at the expense of bells & whistles like mustard gas (sounds great and I hope you include it, though)

Just keep up the good work. smile_o.gif

Ooh, this pack just keeps growing and growing! I hope this will become a "standard" addon for the OFP community. Just concentrate on making it bug-free, nobobdy wants bugs and unfinished units at the expense of bells & whistles like mustard gas (sounds great and I hope you include it, though)

Exactly! I only hope the final addon will still represent mediocre fighting force with poor weaponry and almost no battle experience ;) I mean, we are talking about guerilla force, just a bunch of angry villagers who just know the forests around and have their granddads' hunting rifles and stolen AKs...

Becoming community's "standard" - it would need wide range of "JAMmed" weapons to be incorporated, and I do not speak about removal of my fictional camouflage patterns (in case Aeon decides to use it) and replacing it with real camo so that the realism-weirdos won't complain...

BTW it might be good to separate mustard gas addon from FIA addon. I cannot imagine partisans maintaining chemical weapons depot...

Bucketman: I am flattered. It isn't Finnish, is it? smile_o.gif

Exactly! I only hope the final addon will still represent mediocre fighting force with poor weaponry and almost no battle experience ;) I mean, we are talking about guerilla force, just a bunch of angry villagers who just know the forests around and have their granddads' hunting rifles and stolen AKs...

Until the US send in SF to train them, Sweden sells them artillary, the british sell them armour and the russians sell them planes... All ticked up as debt, or included as part of an "Aid Package"... tounge_o.gif

Edge was right thats no finnish. Its just something to express my joy and amazement when I saw those new FIA soldiers. tounge_o.gif

Those got me thinking that there must be many people with good addons that they made for personal use only.

Glad that Edge decided to share his wonderfull work with OFP community.

On noi Edgen FIA soltut vaan saatanan hienoja!

Edge I'm completely behind you, even though those camo patterns are fictional, they fit into the OFP world perfectly. I have to go with the rest of the community and say JAM the weapons. I don't know if there is a JAM RPD however. Perhaps the great Eviscerator will intervene and answer my question.

Yeah, JAM weapons would be perfect.

I really like the Nogova oak pattern texture smile_o.gif

(500th post)

Edge I'm completely behind you, even though those camo patterns are fictional, they fit into the OFP world perfectly. I have to go with the rest of the community and say JAM the weapons. I don't know if there is a JAM RPD however. Perhaps the great Eviscerator will intervene and answer my question.

There isnt an RPD mag in there at the minute, but if its needed i can add it in.

how about some crude nail bombs(a low tech bomb with nails or ball barings ect.. strabed around the out side)

I dunno whever it would be possible but it could be like a satchle charge,witch you plant on the floor get a safe distance away and let rip.Only it would be a small-medium explosion and then you could have hundreds of bullets fly in random directions to simulate nails/ball barings/other shratnal.

I belive there was a artilliary script witch had "Air burts" shells witch where basically the same idea apart from it exploded 10-20 meters of the ground and sprayed bullets downwards.

Great pack,keep it up biggrin_o.gif

FIA addon couldn't be compatible with JAM.

JAM project is great and I will adopt many of their ballistic values, but I do not want to affect severals others parameters in the way they did

how about some crude nail bombs(a low tech bomb with nails or ball barings ect.. strabed around the out side)

I dunno whever it would be possible but it could be like a satchle charge,witch you plant on the floor get a safe distance away and let rip.Only it would be a small-medium explosion and then you could have hundreds of bullets fly in random directions to simulate nails/ball barings/other shratnal.

I belive there was a artilliary script witch had "Air burts" shells witch where basically the same idea apart from it exploded 10-20 meters of the ground and sprayed bullets downwards.

Great pack,keep it up  biggrin_o.gif

I think that the CoC mines uses something similar. Well atleast the claymore, there you get a few bullets coming at you. I think.

Thanks smile_o.gif It is partly inspired by great Sebastian&Marfy's MT-LB addon (particulary the resistance variants' camouflage) and Czechoslovak "oak" pattern from 1950s, which was used mostly on paratroop recon coveralls.

BTW JAM standards are focused rather on Western ammo, as far as I know it. But it seems to me Aeon plans to use rather Russian weapons and maybe some specialities...

BTW JAM standards are focused rather on Western ammo, as far as I know it. But it seems to me Aeon plans to use rather Russian weapons and maybe some specialities...

Not true, JAM has all the major, and a few specialized russian magazines, JAM was made with both RHS and Earl/Suchey offering suggestions, both of whom are making russian units.

I noticed the amount of nice sounds in the JAM pack that came with the BH download from BAS, and I allso noticed that all the BIS weapons are covered, inclouding East weapons.

I wasn't hundred per cent sure about the sounds from the original Deltas/Rangers pack, but this JAM ones are really good.

I allso think that even knowing that it can be beneficiall to the addon maker to use JAM mags, the addon maker will want to build his/her weapons compleatly from escrach, using his own amunition sounds, damage and dispersion. I hope this meen that we are up for a nice impresive surprise from Aeon biggrin_o.gif