Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Fia mod

That looks AMAZING! wow_o.gif It looks like a new game. Can´t wait to see it released. Oh and it´s good that you fixed the switching-to-handgun-for-no-reason bug, I usually always remove the handguns of, say, my BAS rangers due to the AI not being able to use them properly.

Yep.

Have you ever been face to face with an AI who can't quite decide whether he wants to shoot you with his rifle or pistol, so he just keeps changing?

For this reason, whenever I have AI under my command with pistols, I always order them to dump 'em when the fight loks like it's going to get close...

Nice to know that shouldn't be necessary for this addon pack. wink_o.gif

Sorry if I'm a bit late but I just now watched the TracerTest video and all I can say is WOW!

The new tracer effects looks alot better than default and I want it badly wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work Aeon!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I understood new weapons class inheriting from "put" or "throw" original class are UNAVAILABLE with multiplayer. Because of OFP core limits.

The only way to make them work properly with MP would be to launch game with a tweaked config.cpp inside \Bin folder, AFAIK it was done only one time by... FDF mod. You understand I haven't the required skills neither time to proceed in the same way they did.

So my addon will remain unavailable with MP

I know anybody would like to download and use a such addon, unless if a quality SP campaign is provided. So I've decided to convert the best campaign involving FIA units : Resistance.pbo by BIS smile_o.gif

New FIA units,new FIA weapons, what's about Soviets ? I'm sure you heard about Digital Grenade addon, me too, I just wait for it. Once it will released I could modify it and then I could work on resistance campaign conversion.

Edge planned to release soon his own addon, with units you saw in previous screenshots, without any of my features but with Inquisitor weapon + JAM. I guess he will ensure full compatibility with MP

So my addon will remain unavailable with MP

Sorry to hear that Aeon!

After seeing the video I was really looking forward to your addon but since MP compability is a must for me I guess I will have to wait until OFP 2 sad_o.gif

Anyway thanks for you hard work and I'm sure SP people will enjoy it...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Aeon,

Custom put and throw do work in MP, all that needs to be done is for the weapons and magazines to be removed from the unit then readded in the mission editor.

I'm sure that can be done via scripts or even a EH.

Don't let that stop you from releasing your units.

SelectThis

wow_o.gif ...I didn't know about this tips, it would change everything! thanks a lot SelectThis smile_o.gif

I just watched that video, very impressive! Could you record another one at night like that, as a civillian with slow motion on (at 0.1 preferabley), in a formation like this:

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:red'>x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z

o</span></span>

x = shooter

z = shootee

o = you

That tracer looks great! SO much more realistic than what we have now! I've fired tracers from a civie CAR-15 at night, and IMO, what you have is pretty damn good!

My only suggestion(/suggestion) Is it set that each Xth round is a tracer? In the vid, it appeared the guy to the left was hammering away full auto, but the tracer rounds were random. Could be he was firing bursts, and just looked that way in my teeny Winamp window.

My only suggestion(/suggestion) Is it set that each Xth round is a tracer? In the vid, it appeared the guy to the left was hammering away full auto, but the tracer rounds were random. Could be he was firing bursts, and just looked that way in my teeny Winamp window.

Yes, they are scripted to appear every 5th (?) round smile_o.gif

Tracer effect is only a "ball" flying along bullet trajectory, without releasing any trail behind, so unfortunelly the tracer effect is not impressive with this angle of view like blackdog~ suggest sad_o.gif I have to admit that BIS tracer look much better in this case.

But I remember the first use of tracer is to see where you hit, and not admire side light ray. So in the way I made it, it's perfect when you firing on something in your sight smile_o.gif

I didn't find how to set a round tracer between delimited intervall, they are spawned randomly (with a ratio)

--

I look for a modeller, someone skilled with Oxygen. I would like to have new infantry models instead old BIS resistance I have.

If you are interested, please send me a Private Message

I look for a modeller, someone skilled with Oxygen. I would like to have new infantry models instead old BIS resistance I have.

Why don't you coordinate with Edge and use his new Resistance Guerilla units?

What a perfect match! smile_o.gif

edit: retextured guerillas thread.

wasn't that the original plan rock.gif ?

I read that Edge released the units cause he didn't want to wait for this mod, basically

You should release it as an additional pbo to go with Edges resistance guys and have them use non JAM weapons. Or better yet release this as a modified config sp all man units in the game have the effects.

Edge wanted to release his own unit before FIA_1 because he didn't want to wait, I understand and agree him.

But the units his made are slightly different and more diversified than those he made for FIA_1. So in every case FIA_1 addon will have its own .p3d (that's why I requested help -> modeler)

PS: thx to SelectThis tips, FIA_1 could be compatible with MP