Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Sad news

Rest in peace Lawrie.....here's hoping your contributions to the community live on and continue to honour your memory.

Nearly twice his age, survived bombs, bullets and homicidal ex-wives,

Life, <and it's counterpart, death> is friggin weird.

The loss of the man I do not feel, as I did not know him, his talent I will miss a great deal.

I do not feel for Lawrie, there are much better people for that nearby.

Vaya con dios

sad_o.gif

Rest in Peace Lawrie. Your spirit will live on in people's memories and hard drives for a long time to come.

*salute*

God bless you Lawrie! You will definitely be missed.

I talked to him once and he was extremely nice to me which was why I was always surprised there were disputes between him and some other addon makers as he was always very polite to me and answered my questions very patiently via emails.

It's amazing how one person can touch so many lives and I'm glad OFP.info put up a nice picture of him as I never knew what he looked like. But I agree with what others said on how the OFP is not made up of faceless people but of real human beings with real feelings, real emotions, real lives, and as we see... real deaths.

I've met several of my internet friends (including one of my European friends) in person and it's always a pleasure. I only wish I could have known Lawrie in person.

But I think he would be comforted knowing that so many were touched by his life and work and that he is well remembered by the community.

Your spirit lives on Lawrie!

God speed!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I suck at this sorta stuff.

Rest In Peace Lawrie, god be with you man(ignore my sig).

Cheers Lawrie. Cheers.

I know what its like to fight for life in Hospital (i died twice), and i can only hope that you passed away in peace.

Id love to slag off the guys(fags) from the MODs that stressed him out and gave him shit. But i think its in everyones best interest that i keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, Rest In Peace buddy, you wont be forgotten.

CHEERS

Very sad news...all members of our community are like extended family...

RIP Lawrie, I don't know what your beliefs were, but I hope you have gone to a better place.

[edit: removed sig, not entirely appropriate]

Lawrie, say hi to my brother for me. I'll ask him to buy you a pint. wink_o.gif God be with you and especially your family. I know your in a better place now, I only hope that those who loved you will keep your memory alive until they have the privilege of joining you in paradise, and that they will be able to move on with their lives until then.

I'm going to miss discussing WWII with you.

If I knew how to post ingame pics, I would have 200 of his wehrmacht soldiers in a pic. But since I problably never will be able to, this will have to suffice.

OO   _

/ /  /     \

/ /    \_ /

| ___ _   | |

|      | |

|      | |

|      | |

A sad excuse of a memorial for a amazing mod maker. sad_o.gif

God bless you Lawrie!  You will definitely be missed.  

I talked to him once and he was extremely nice to me which was why I was always surprised there were disputes between him and some other addon makers as he was always very polite to me and answered my questions very patiently via emails.  

It's amazing how one person can touch so many lives and I'm glad OFP.info put up a nice picture of him as I never knew what he looked like.  But I agree with what others said on how the OFP is not made up of faceless people but of real human beings with real feelings, real emotions, real lives, and as we see... real deaths.  

I've met several of my internet friends (including one of my European friends) in person and it's always a pleasure.  I only wish I could have known Lawrie in person.

But I think he would be comforted knowing that so many were touched by his life and work and that he is well remembered by the community.  

Your spirit lives on Lawrie!

God speed!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles...your gift with words never ceases to amaze me. Some nice sentiments and observations raised here. Nice work.

The death of anyone, although tragic (and in Lawrie's even more so given his age) gives us all an opportunity to reflect on life...both ours and of others.

As Miles mentioned, let use this event to honour Lawrie, his achievements, his impact on our lives and the community. But let us also use this to remind ourselves that there are real people behind the nick names used on this board and in the community, and we would be well served if we remembered this the next time we think about posting abusive or inflammatory posts.

Lawrie, in leaving us, you may have given more than you anticipated.....addons, artwork, advice, friendship...and the opportunity to examine our own lives and our conduct when participating in this community.

Thankyou Lawrie.....and God Bless!

Oh christ...he helped me make my first add on a year ago... at the ofpec forums sad_o.gif

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

<S!>

OO _

/ / / \

/ / \_ /

| ___ _ | |

| | |

| | |

| | |

horrible horrlbe news sad_o.gif

Rest in peace Lawrie.

My condolences go to his family and friends.

sad_o.gif

my former buddys who have died in yougoslavia will watch over you up there. keep him safe boys!

I miss him allready sad_o.gif

FatJoe switchmove "effectstandsalute"

Ive known you for a short period... but it was nice to talk with you always.

Rest in Peace Lawrie.

some of us didn't know him very well, but it's a real tragedy for his family and friends and the whole ofp community, our condolences go to his family... rest in peace lawrie

Lawrie ill miss you forever.. The friend that always was online. always wanted to talk whit you. Or if you got a problem you always could go to him.

Its hard to unterstand this. To get it all this happend.

But lawrie i wont forget you! You where my friend for more then 2.5 years. And youl be it always

This is for you:

Lawrie.jpg

Regards

Marcel

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif Rest in peace lawrie and thanks for the help you gave me many months ago