Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Unless thread is gonna be older then 4 months

it wont be older then 4 months because within 4 months there must be progress at BAS smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I just mainly don't want this thread to die...

Good one, Sweet_pup, the thread hasn't died. Unfortunately, due to your own stupidity, your right to post on the thread is toast.

Edited

stop ppl

bas stuff pls

we got the bas island closed last time

we let this rest for now

come back when they show screenies or somethin

dont want this thread to be closed

I just noticed something with 1.94 (hadn´t tested it with 1.92 but may have worked then too), shooting down the MH-47E Cargo doesn´t CTD anymore. I remember that it was previously stated that destroying the MH-47E cargo ALWAYS crashed to desktop for everyone, as it did for me. But it works now, so gentlemen, grab your RPGs! wink_o.gif

I just noticed something with 1.94 (hadn´t tested it with 1.92 but may have worked then too), shooting down the MH-47E Cargo doesn´t CTD anymore. I remember that it was previously stated that destroying the MH-47E cargo ALWAYS crashed to desktop for everyone, as it did for me. But it works now, so gentlemen, grab your RPGs! wink_o.gif

mmm....weird,after reading your post i went and shot down a MH-47E Cargo and I got a CTD while running 1.94b. rock.gif

(had to shoot 12 strelas!! so at 13th try i didnt lock my AA missile and i got the bugger)

Out of curiosity i shot a MH-47E cargo with a rpg-7v (Keg. pack) and it crashed right away (not my comp,the chopper i mean wink_o.gif ), then i tried with a strella (if you dont lock you wont activate counter measures wink_o.gif ) but it wasnt enough and the bugger turned around and started miniguning me so i shot the gunner with a couple AK rounds and got a CTD sad_o.gif .

So i believe this CTD is caused when the gunner or pilot or both are killed?

Out of curiosity i shot a MH-47E cargo with a rpg-7v (Keg. pack) and it crashed right away (not my comp,the chopper i mean wink_o.gif ), then i tried with a strella (if you dont lock you wont activate counter measures wink_o.gif ) but it wasnt enough and the bugger turned around and started miniguning me so i shot the gunner with a couple AK rounds and got a CTD sad_o.gif .

So i believe this CTD is caused when the gunner or pilot or both are killed?

I think it's a bad string in the scripting part and i found out on what the ctd gives

The MH-47 is being updated, to fix some model errors, and scripting bugs.

(most of the bugs reported will be fixed)

So any info on what causes the CTD's would be greatly appreciated (excerpts from the flashpoint.rpt for a start)

will they have the built in scripts which the blackhawks had which you culd just write it the waypoint or trigger without having to stick and paste scripts on folders?

really hoping really for the fastrope script to work on the mh47e like the blackhawk fastrope

The MH-47 is being updated, to fix some model errors, and scripting bugs.

(most of the bugs reported will be fixed)

So any info on what causes the CTD's would be greatly appreciated (excerpts from the flashpoint.rpt for a start)

As BAS Bug report page is down ill post my CTD here:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0048B388

Version 1.94

Fault address: 0048B388 01:0008A388 C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE

file:

world: Intro

Prev. code bytes: FC 01 00 00 8B CF BB 8C 7F 75 00 E8 F8 0E 00 00

Fault code bytes: 8B 40 54 8B 40 08 8B 80 88 00 00 00 85 C0 75 07

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00757F8C

ECX:1471C100 EDX:14FF60E0

ESI:14BB8800 EDI:1471C100

CS:EIP:001B:0048B388

SS:ESP:0023:0012F6C0 EBP:0012F770

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:0038 GS:0000

Flags:00010246

will they have the built in scripts which the blackhawks had which you culd just write it the waypoint or trigger without having to stick and paste scripts on folders?

really hoping really for the fastrope script to work on the mh47e like the blackhawk fastrope

Yes, although the MH-47 scripts ARE built in in the current version (1.2)

Yes, although the MH-47 scripts ARE built in in the current version (1.2)

i know their built in, but i guess u got my point n e way:

wen the scripts works with just writing the script on the intifield or activation

glad to hear about the new version

keep up the good work

the only trouble now is choosing which transport i feel like using

"eenie menee mynee mo"

Ooh, this has probably been answered or it is some readme somewhere. But will the BAS desertpack (and woodland/sadny pack) be compatible with the MH47-E and the 60 series of choppers? So that they will be able to be carried by sling and cargo bay.

Ooh, this has probably been answered or it is some readme somewhere. But will the BAS desertpack (and woodland/sadny pack) be compatible with the MH47-E and the 60 series of choppers? So that they will be able to be carried by sling and cargo bay.

Yes for the sling, no for the cargo bay (since there is nothing in the desert pack that fits in the cargo bay IRL)

Yes for the sling, no for the cargo bay (since there is nothing in the desert pack that fits in the cargo bay IRL)

Ah, I see.... Forgot about the Jeep not being in service wink_o.gif

[question shower] Will you remodel/retexture the Carl gustav in the DE/RA update or will your rangers only come equipped with the AT-4? [/question shower]

I know this probably a little bit more work than you are planning on for the chinook update but I just had to make a suggestion  smile_o.gif  How about a bundle of fuel bladders to sling underneath (like this:Fuel Bladders) so we can use the chinook ot set up forward refueling points. And a net full of ammo crates for rearming some specops troops.

I know its a lot to ask for but I think it would make the Chinook more useful and differentiate it a little more from the blackhawk. Btw, are you gonna update the sling load script so that u dont lose ur loads when you fly over objects? I noticed the blackhawks dont have this problem as much.

I don't think that the MH-47 series are used for tasks like hauling fuel and other combat necessities (unless the Rangers need fuel for their RSOV's and perhaps other mission dependent vehicles. And of course any other supplies that might be needed like ammunition etc.) The MH-47 series is used mostly as an insertion aircraft so that the U.S Rangers can deploy multiple vehicles and many soldiers in a short time. But it would be nice to have a standard CH-47 to come with this pack, as a bonus with the cargo scripts implemented (and having it to be able to carry fuel barrels etc.) A re-paint would also be swell wink_o.gif

sry for digging this thread up, moderators

but i just wanted to ask how the projects are comming along and whats the mayor project beeing worked on at the moment. it´s really been quite for some time.

and another question:

who was that mod that got the beta models of the cancelled helo project? was it the USMC mod?

but i just wanted to ask how the projects are comming along and whats the mayor project beeing worked on at the moment. it´s really been quite for some time.

and another question:

who was that mod that got the beta models of the cancelled helo project? was it the USMC mod?

How did you find this topic?! I've been looking all over for it!

and another question:

Most projects have been slowly progressing during October, we were taking a one month rest so we weren't in too much of a rush to get work done. Work is progressing on the Delta/Ranger update, which will eventually grow to include various new units from 18th Airborne Corp (82nd Airborne Division, 101st Airborne Division, 10th Mountain Division and 3rd Infantry Division) and possibly also a few others. Although these units were available for use in the first version (by assigning patches and BIS weapons) there will infact be dedicated models and units/groups for them in the update, and they will be outfitted with accurate equipment. Another significant change is that the models of each soldier will change for the role that they assume, so a medic will have medic pouches, a machinegunner will have large belt link pouches and grenadiers will have visable grenade pouches and so on and so forth. As well as these changes the weapons are also getting completely revamped. However its a little early for showing pictures, we are still in the early stages of this update, which will pretty much turn the pack into a US Army pack. And ive just dug up an old pic, this is the Rangers before the revamp, the Rangers wont look dramatically different from this picture, its mainly the normal army and delta units that are going to have the most changes, but the pouches and various other bits will be changed:

RACKRangers.jpg

We have also been having major problems with our webhost, we cannot post on our homepage or use our forums, so the team has been having trouble communicating, which has obviously slowed down our work, so be patient and we'll be back to normal business soon enough.

And no, the USMC mod wasnt given models of the cancelled helo projects, just the AH-1W which was publically released.

thanks for replying such a detailed statement, evis smile_o.gif

nice to hear that the dera update (eventually) turned into a mayor upgrade.

are the beige desert textures going to be saturated a bit to match the current soar units?

but i look most forward to the pavehawks and LB updates (chopper addict tounge_o.gif )

and i can really understand that things at BAS chilled down a bit, you just kicked out a whole new great set of units.

hope a lot of guys will prepare more decent missions for this thou.

You guys at BAS deserve a good rest for all them things you made. Tonal and the OFPOR and the Blackhawks were the greatest achievements in all of OFP in my opinion. Keep up the GREAT work guys smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Another significant change is that the models of each soldier will change for the role that they assume, so a medic will have medic pouches, a machinegunner will have arge belt link pouches and grenadiers will have visable grenade pouches and so on and so forth.
YES!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I asked for this so may times, I can't imagine why one of you didn't kill me by now wink_o.gif

This is extremly good news.

not so good news,

US Chinook shot down, 15 reported KIA,

rest in peace, my brothers sad_o.gif

One Question to Bas

Are you making new weapons like M82 Barret, 12 Gauge Shotgun, Javelin Rocketlauncher or anything else for the new Deltas/Rangers or for the Seals?

PS: I love all your Addons and I cant wait to play with your new Babies (Pavehawk)

MFG OG