Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Me too. Goldmember, your work is ace! Still, i wouldnt worry too much, his releases are always quick! smile_o.gif

euh, goldmember can I delete the folders version 1.44 & 1.45 from my briefcase? It's for 54% filled now...

Tomorrow is your lucky day. smile_o.gif

(Btw, will be some kind of tailrotor failure too.)

Oh yeah ! goldmember, you rullez..

i am looking foward for this new version !

regards !

I've said it before, this mod just gets better and better. Thanks Goldmember for all the effort m8

Just a thought. If we can set a truck on fire can it be made to catch fire on a lower damage figure. This way the truck or vehicle could still be moving while on fire for a time.

Last thought can the fire be localised if a truck hit on the front could the the fire begin there in the engine compartment.

BigUzi=WoP=

There are 2 kind of explosion. First is "destroyed explosion", when vehicle gets killed, effect is scipted by "killed" eventhandler. Second called "hit explosion", is came from OFP config.bin ( see "class explosion" part ). This is vastly modified version of origial OFP explosion effect. It does not matter where ammo eplodes - on vehicle or on ground -, it produces the same effect.

I am going to make some rifle addons. Can I change its bullet hit animation using "Second called 'hit explosion'"? I want to add more smoke and sea spray when its bullets hit grounds and water.

GMR_exploMODv1.47BETA

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

need working version 1.46!!! Just replace GMR.pbo

- new smoke effect during explosion (only on armored vehicles yet)

- new aircraft falling effects (smokes and tailrotor failure)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New values in exp_init.sqs file

;change Probflysmoke value (0-100) to modify the probability of newstyle flying smoke

;effect during explosion.

Probflysmoke=39

;determine Actflysmokerange (in meter) to reduce CPU usage; if player withim this range don't show these effects at all

;besides effect looks better if you see it from distance

Actflysmokerange=70

;change Smoketrail value (0=off, 1=on) to turn on/off smoke effect on falling aircraft.

;OFP engine only add smoke to aircraft if it destroyed, enabling this effect aircraft will smokes

;also when getting serius dammage and starting to fall down (alive crew jumping out of vehicle)

Smoketrail=1

;change Probtailrotor value (0-100) to modify the probability of tailrotor effect

;on falling aircraft(it is only works if you chose Smoketrail=1).

Probtailrotor=39

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give me some criticism I am full of praises already. biggrin_o.gif

This makes playing ofp substantially more ambient. Nice job. I'm left scratching my head about one thing though, where the heck did you get your decoded bin files? I've been trying to get one so I can customize the ofp campaigns.

thanks goldmember the zip you made for me is outstanding!! heads up to everyone if you have not tried the inq+dr pack, i strongly recommend you try it, it is the best bar none. you get to have the dr sound effects alone with the inq weapons this resolves the problem having to choose between both addons, what more can you ask for biggrin_o.gif

Howabout a beer and a cookie?

THANK YOU GOLDMEMBER!!!

I love....Gold..

Does it replace every gun?

Btw, all I have is his weapon pack and soldiers.pbo, what is his "mod" ?

Think I found a bug though... In the demonstration level I switched a resistance soldier to a LAW soldier and for some reason I couldn't reload his ak47 after firing all the bullets. Even though I had magazines...

Was that intentional or perhaps a bad .bin decompile that did it?

@edc: That's debatable as to whether you have a super fast computer or you want to actually have a decent amount of units in your missions. Or you just settle for choppy frames if you choose the latter... which I refuse to accept.

Does it replace every gun?

Btw, all I have is his weapon pack and soldiers.pbo, what is his "mod" ?

He released a configuration BIN that replace the bast majority of fire arms. It don't replace any of the AT weapons, but it allso do replace the handgrenades with the sounds from "Americas Army" and the shachels with C4.

Goldmember made a version of this mod compatible with the InQuisitors weapons, you'll need is to download the weapons and a fille call XMS.pbo that comes in his mod folder, if you can't find it I'll email it to you.

The other thing you'll need is the Goldmembers Explo-mod that go with it.

If you like that, you should try the INQ+Blood.

Think I found a bug though... In the demonstration level I switched a resistance soldier to a LAW soldier and for some reason I couldn't reload his ak47 after firing all the bullets. Even though I had magazines...

Yes there is something like this....i experienced the same bug when using BIS weapons. I´m happy with the Inq Mod because it overrides this problem biggrin_o.gif

Goldmember the new effects are really impressive..i like ´em very much smile_o.gif

I'm confused :P

I can't wait till I get my new computer to play this Explo mod without choppyness!

(1.4 ghz AMD Tbird is what I have now, upgrading to 2600+ Barton!)

XMS.pbo...Hmm...Where may I find this?

XMS.pbo is the XMS that came with the OFP game. Grab it off your OFP CD.

Quote[/b] ]you'll need is to download the weapons and a fille call XMS.pbo

Is that the same pbo as the official one?

I am wondering how this bug can be hidden so long? It seems we did not played to much on resistance side. I will repair it.

I need to download a file right?

XMS or XMO or OMX or SMX or somthing like that..

Goldmember, you got it? A link for it?

I need to download a file right?

XMS or XMO or OMX or SMX or somthing like that..

Goldmember, you got it? A link for it?

It's the official one.

And yeah, I have the same problem with the AK...  sad_o.gif Happens with armed civies too.