Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

D'oh. I tried it again, being really careful to do everything right, but it still didn't work. I think there may be a few more rattles etc, like if I run and then stop and there is an equipment jangling sound, but there is no grenade throw sound or take flag sound. The actual soldiermoving sounds (mgsoldiermoving, specopssoldiermoving etc) haven't worked since the original OFP (v1.46) - Pitviper's DR for Res doesn't seem to play them. sad_o.gif

why anyone would want to use DR sound crap is beyond me

its pants ...and its cheating... you can hear soldiers moving sounds from about 6 miles away :P not really fair that in a mp game is it ? plus they sound stupid only good thing in it is distant gun fire,as soon as i realised it didn't go with explosion mod it got scrapped (++,) just because orig game sound aint brill dont mean that DR is

great job goldmember keep up the good work ...but not as fast i cant keep up plus i got bloody gmr zips all over my computer now :/

you can hear soldiers moving sounds from about 6 miles away

This may have nothing to do with Dynamic range. Search the FAQ for "footsteps".

you can hear soldiers moving sounds from about 6 miles away

This may have nothing to do with Dynamic range. Search the FAQ for "footsteps".

i used to have that prob in original game yes but as your faq says is fixed in resistance. i tried out the sound pack and i could here the rather poor (in my opinion which granted matters about as much the queen mum dying) pitter patter of feet coming at me from miles away ,i no longer had this until i tried out the soundpack . i can see why people like it tho cos some of the gun sounds are mice especially distant gun fire . lol mice sqeek sqeek

The weaponsounds from the riffles, and the vulcan, are the part of the DR I dont like.

But that doesnt matter as I use JAM biggrin_o.gif

edit: but that was OT, sorry. I know its a thread about GMR

and btw, I had missed two lines in FullDR-tut.... crazy_o.gif

so to Munger, upload the file again and make a new try.

Hi guys, I´m running not as a mod, i just backed up the original files and replaced them with the GRM ones (also put the addon in ofp/addon) the only problem I had is that it cannot find the scripts, helidust and one other, ´cause it searchs ...\operation\GRM and I don´t have it, I know that I should just do it like the regular way but is there any place where I could download just the scripts?   or someone could just send me?  decampo@REMOVESPAMdirectnet.com.br   (remove  "REMOVESPAM" )

edited: OK, I just installed all as a mod folder but when i run it I still receive: script \GRM\helidust.sqm not found.

Do you have a clue about it?

It don't let you use a chopper in the editor?

You need the latest GMR pbo wich is in Golmembers briefcase.

I had the same problem, I take it that the scripts are in the pbo.

Yeah, that was it, I had forgotten to replace the new GMR.pbo. Thnx compańero @cero !!!! wink_o.gif

Hey!

Could somebody show me pictures on BMP,M2A2,SA-13 missle launch? Small video files would be even better.

I discovered some very strange (for me) things in basic vehicle's config.bin. I did not payed to much attention for it because I use my modified vehicles config long time. But now when I made aircraft effects for you noticed this "problem" again.

- BMP2 and M2A2 do not target any aircraft.

i havnt tested this.. but i do know that the T80/T72 now attacks helos with the main gun crazy_o.gif wither your movie at 200 knots across the sky or hovering about to land at 10m above the ground.. those suckers are good at hitin ya with the main gun.

i dont think its something that needs fixed.. i think its pretty cool. jsut thought id mention it to ya thou smile_o.gif

Ok, i have found something really weird.

There is no sound when a chopper explodes.  Everything else works fine.

I have just re-installed OFP and the mod but it still has no sound.  I took out the shortcut to the mod and they explode fine.

Can somebody please place a chopper in the editor and set it's armor to 0 to test this (u may have to fire a few rifle rounds into the chopper to get it to blow).

Thx

[Edit] BTW, i am not using DR or any other sound pack and i am using GMR 1.46

[Edit 2] Ok, it seems it is not all choppers. There is no explosion sound on the BAS OH-58 and the NO Mi-2 pack. With the BAS Blackhawk i just get the after explosion sound.

U used the same link for each one biggrin_o.gif

On some UNOFFICIAL addons effect not working due to eventhandler problem. I already made a fix for BAS black hawks and VITAPC and will follow others. You will find here

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod

Movies

Hellfire Movie 1

Hellfire Movie 2

Javelin movie 1 (portable AT weapon)

Javelin Live fire movie

You going to love this one.

Carl Gustav

You wont see much smoke at the Carl Gustav because in real life it aint really an Anti Tank missle but more an recoiless gun.

This is TOW (correct url from victorious)

All kind of missles (old year 70 movie)

Most AT missles dont produce a lot of smoke...ofton some backfire but not smoke....AA missles however seem to produce quite a lot of smoke ofton

"Open VITAPC.pbo and replace config.cpp file with this one."

I don't know much about addon configs but if i change this does it modify the whole .pbo as i essentially have a different file? For example, if i make a mission with the modified config .pbo and someone with the original .pbo tries to play it it won't work?

I am not sure if this has been reported but we had several people crashing during mp games. They were always crashing at the same point of the mission, and always all at once. After some searching i found out that they were all using the explomod. ALL players using that mod crashed from the server, and ONLY those players. Everyone else could play on without problems.

Just a warning in case you are planing to use this mod in mp. It does not happen in all missions, but it can happen in some. The mission that caused the disconnects used only editorupdate102 and bas_o as unofficial addons, so maybe one of those causes an incompatibility (my guess would be the bas_o as the mapper told me he used some bas explosion scripts)...

I am not sure if this has been reported but we had several people crashing during mp games. They were always crashing at the same point of the mission, and always all at once. After some searching i found out that they were all using the explomod. ALL players using that mod crashed from the server, and ONLY those players. Everyone else could play on without problems.

Just a warning in case you are planing to use this mod in mp. It does not happen in all missions, but it can happen in some. The mission that caused the disconnects used only editorupdate102 and bas_o as unofficial addons, so maybe one of those causes an incompatibility (my guess would be the bas_o as the mapper told me he used some bas explosion scripts)...

yep i'll second that me and a friend where 2 of them

i found another wierd bug dunno if its caused by this or not but seems to have only happen since using 1.47 beta of the mod,when in bas littlebirds flying to dropzone just as they start to land they just suddenly explode killing everyone on board . there is no incoming fire so deffo not being shotdown . dont think its a mission bug cos it never happened in that mission b4 and happened again today in a different littlebirds mission ..oh yeh they where MP coops which is a bit grim cos had to sit and watch from start of misssion wow_o.gif... could be some other random factor but thought i'd mention it, has anyone else had this prob?

Quote[/b] ]"Open VITAPC.pbo and replace config.cpp file with this one."

I don't know much about addon configs but if i change this does it modify the whole .pbo as i essentially have a different file? For example, if i make a mission with the modified config .pbo and someone with the original .pbo tries to play it it won't work?

This wont be a problem. Flashpoint recognises addons by their classnames in the config, not by the pbo size or name. (although pbo name matters for textures). Using the config.cpp file will not change the addon, it can still be used with missions for the original addon and vice versa.

hey goldmember, is it possible you can improve the hellfire a ffar efects by spiraling the rocket smoke a bit and slowing them down about 75% defalt speed like it looks in most video footage this will add realisim to the rockets smile_o.gif noticed they look that way in most real footage

Imagine a Hind shoting all the load of FFARs in one go with a smoke trail effect, that would lagg like hell even in the big machines.

Well BAS did it with the Hind in their Tonal pack and it didn't slow down on my fairly modest PC even when firing the rockets rapidly. It looked great too. If GM could add something like that for all rockets and missiles it would be sweet. smile_o.gif

hey goldmember, is it possible you can improve the hellfire a ffar efects by spiraling the rocket smoke a bit and slowing them down about 75% defalt speed like it looks in most video footage this will add realisim to the rockets smile_o.gif noticed they look that way in most real footage

That is no problem for me. I am already using slowed down rockets and missiles. They have cool airtearing sound too. "Spiraling the rocket smoke" won't be easy, hard to put effects on fastmoving objects to look nice.

------------------------------------------------------------

BAS littlebirds not contains private eventhadlers, I tested every GMR effects worked. The problem came from somewhere else. TONAL pack could cause crash there in some eventhandlers. As I said before if somebody use addons and effects don't works mail me its config.bin(cpp) files.

------------------------------------------------------------

"no tank gun dust effect in the 1.47 gmo?" Do not worry about that I fixed it, until use 1.46 biggrin_o.gif