Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

I have a bad news and a good news for you. The bad is that pitviper - author of dynamicrange mod - refused any cooperation with my mod and not allowed to use dynamicrange codes in GRM_explomod from now.

So I removed dynrange support from mybriefcase.

The good news is that I can't resist to help people who has any disire about OFP so if you have any "unusual wish" about my mod next time please send me a mail and not use this forum.

great work so far goldmember - don´t waste time on dynamicrange mod sad_o.gif  

are there any other sound mod working with your Realistic explosion mod?

Resistace Sound Project

or

Russian Weapons Pack 1.1

maybe there are a few more sound mods ... rock.gif

All other soundmods work with this mod cause they do not use a modified config.bin. You should try battlesound 1.1s from Munger or the Kyllikki soundpack if you are looking for alternatives to DR. But exactly the changed config.bin is what makes DR so popular, cause it adds new sounds (eg sounds for events which had no sound before) instead of just replacing existing sounds (the only thing you can do without changing the config.bin).

BTW: Goldmember: I can't really believe PitViper said something like that. I know him as a really nice guy and he said some time ago that he wanted to "publish" the DR config.cpp anyway (there was a poll here in the board). Are you sure that this is no misunderstanding?

BTW: Goldmember: I can't really believe PitViper said something like that. I know him as a really nice guy and he said some time ago that he wanted to "publish" the DR config.cpp anyway (there was a poll here in the board). Are you sure that this is no misunderstanding?

I'm surprised too. I contacted him about this a little while ago and got no reply but just assumed that he must not be on the forum much these days (haven't seen a post from him in ages) and maybe hadn't read the message. I don't know why he wouldn't allow you to use his DR cpp. Maybe it has something to do with the super config project? Anyway, it's a shame. sad_o.gif

The Cold War Crisis is over. Pitviper promised he give us dynamicrange config.cpp file after patch 1.92 released.

Just until stop hacking his mod.

Dynrange_to_v1.31.zip (only dynrange support)

Blood_Dynrange_to_v1.31.zip (blood and dynrange support)

Where are these files Goldmember?

I can't find them in your briefcase?

sad_o.gif

***edit***

oops

No support from Pv? ...

The Cold War Crisis is over. Pitviper promised he give us dynamicrange config.cpp file after patch 1.92 released.

Juhuuu, that´s great News  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

I´m really glad that PitViper decided to contribute his code to your Mod unclesam.gif

That's really good news. Thanks go out to PV. Now we just need BIS to do their part and get that patch released. smile_o.gif

This is starting to get really confusing...what is the most up to date version of this addon?...the bug fix.zip?? ...or the

GMR_ exploMODv1.31rock.gif...maybe try to keep it alittle more compact?...just a thought.

...So I test it in LAN, the v1.31 lan(bug fix) with middle_blood_dynrange bin.

I test it with official 1.91 ded. server and it works fine, everything is working, just one thing, when I first time shoot any soldier reports : xxx used modified config file-cfg/CfgWorlds/DefaultWorld/Subdivision, and blood is not working but next time when I shoot him, it works.

I hope that goldmember will fiks that.

***edit***

I tried second time and I think that it doesent have anything with blood at-all...

This is starting to get really confusing...what is the most up to date version of this addon?...the bug fix.zip?? ...or the

GMR_ exploMODv1.31rock.gif...maybe try to keep it alittle more compact?...just a thought.

I can't agree with you more than I'm doing now.

Too many versions. Goldmember needs a page to upload this stuff, pronto crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

YOUR A SWEETY! *HUG* smile_o.gif

Wrong, the link dosnt work, iv tryed, and tryed, not a damn thing, just a bad link error.

Hmm, can any one give me a correct link, or a ofp site, that has this mod in there dl section?rock.gif? Thanx.

Just thought I would add, for anyone looking for new sounds, I've got a new version of my soundpack available on my site.  It's changed quite a bit from my earlier versions.

Wright

You might want to make mention that it's 35mb!! Anyway...dloading wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I just downloaded this sound pack, nice, but I have a cuple of sugestions.

One thing I didn't really liked(<span style='color:red'>That's my personal opinion biggrin_o.gif</span>) is the destroyed sounds, it don't feel like if they are powerfull enough, that may be me, but I think for a vehicle explosion it could sound more like an explosion.

My second sugestion, could you do a pack without the weapons sounds, small arms I'm about, so I don't get any conflicts with InQuisitors weapons mod.

I really like the pack I got from Goldmember, Inquisitor+blood+ exploMod, and I adding a few things to it, like vehicles and units, so they'll play in the campaigns and single missions, like the UCE Soviet soldiers, or the 5T truck from Marfy.

So if I can use your pack without the small arms sounds I will have a total personal conversion of my game. I like the sounds that Inquisitor added to his pack and I wouldn't like to change them.

Next estep is to change the textures of the rest of the West trucks to Euro camo, that will be more dificult.

@cero.

GMR_exploMOD version 1.32 soon!

improvements

------------

- removed red color from explosion effect

( more orange added, it is just an idea it you dont like it I canceled )

- burning flame more life-like

- new script for debris placements

new features

------------

- burning flame cause dammage to player if he walks close to it

- crew of disabled tank -if tank can not fire or move- leave the vehicle

bugfixes

--------

- no debris added to destroyed ships

- several script malfunction (not fatal) fixed

I know it is not too much, but I started to run out of ideas.

GMR_exploMOD version 1.32 soon!

improvements

------------

- removed red color from explosion effect

( more orange added, it is just an idea it you dont like it I canceled )

- burning flame more life-like

- new script for debris placements

new features

------------

bugfixes

--------

- no debris added to destroyed ships

- several script malfunction (not fatal) fixed

I know it is not too much, but I started to run out of ideas.

Hey, quite nice features !

You are out of idea? Wait, I'll find you some...

Make MGbullet hit produce more smoke or dust, with a greyish sprite instead of the brown one, so that when bullets hit the ground the cloudlets climb a lot slower and spread on the sides too. This may slow down computers, though.

Sometimes, real tanks won't exlode. They will just be disabled by a fatal shot, maybe killing the crew. Maybe (just wondering) you can do so that on destruction some tanks just don't produce an explosion at all.

Hell, you're right, can't find anything more...

I'll edit my post if I find something smile_o.gif

Good work !

Bullet hit: We talked about it later. Only thing that I could change is color.

In config.bin there is a class "CraterDustSmall", that handles bullet hit but if I

changing any parameter nothing happens except color. I think the behaviour of

bullet hit is coded somewhere else, not in config.bin.

Not exploding tanks: yes I know when you playing basic OFP game sometimes apc

and tank not exploding at all when destroyed. But I can not regulate this. The

game engine decides whether vehicle explode or not. Maybe it is depends which part

of vehicle being hit or how many ammo and fuel left in the vehicle or something else.

Who knows?

Thanks Avon!

@cero, yeah I kind of agree with you. That sound was ripped from the Terminator 2 dvd when the first semi truck explodes. Sounded great in the movie but not so good in game, I will keep looking for good ones. I don't want to hijack this thread so if anyone else has suggestions please send me a private message. Thanks,

Wright

Bullet hit: We talked about it later. Only thing that I could change is color.

In config.bin there is a class "CraterDustSmall", that handles bullet hit but if I

changing any parameter nothing happens except color. I think the behaviour of

bullet hit is coded somewhere else, not in config.bin.

Not exploding tanks: yes I know when you playing basic OFP game sometimes apc

and tank not exploding at all when destroyed. But I can not regulate this. The

game engine decides whether vehicle explode or not. Maybe it is depends which part

of vehicle being hit or how many ammo and fuel left in the vehicle or something else.

Who knows?

Hehe maybe I forgot I already asked you about bullet hit biggrin_o.gif

Have to sleep a bit more and play a bit less ;)

For the exploding tank, I don't think, from what I've seen so far, that OFP computes the remaining ammo and fuel in order to decide wether the tank explodes or not. In fact, I've never noticed that some tanks didn't explode. For me, each time a tank takes a deadly hit, he goes boom... But I think that your running-away-from-the-disabled-tank shall do the trick.

I uploaded Realistic explosion MOD v1.32

changes to version 1.31

-----------------------

- small changes in effects

- several script malfunction fixed

link to: GMR_explomodv1.32.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

GMR_exploMOD directory

OFP version 1.91 required.

Blood and INQ support will be done tonight

getting error with 1.32, cannot find tank.sqs, just as the first tank is hit by explosion, the mission carries on after that

@ Aug. 10 2003,06:55)]getting error with 1.32, cannot find tank.sqs, just as the first tank is hit by explosion, the mission carries on after that

Wich bin version you tried?

I don´t get any errors like that with 1.32 smile_o.gif

I´m using the blod&inq-middle.bin.