Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

yes i testet it with this config but it don't work thats correkt or?

in the moment i use no config i waiting smile_o.gif ....

only a few eventhandler that work in mp

I have no experince with eventhandlers in OFP but this gives me a tiny tiny hope... So lets all hope that there is a way to get this great MOD working also in multiplayer.

After using the "smoker_config.bin" version for the past few days it would be hard to get back to default explosions sad_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

It seems multiplayer don't likes "eventhandlers" - this executes those missing vehicles explosion and debris scripts -

in main config.bin. Basicly there is no eventhandler command in regular config.bin. I think the

problem is coded in OFP engine. Or somebody knows any MOD that use eventhandlers in config.bin?

One thing you can do, but not convinient.You must reedit multiplayer mission.sqs

and putting all vehicles init field this eventhandlers scripts.

Yes be careful, it seems more and more like the only EventHandler that is 100% reliable in MP is "fired". Others may appear to work at first, but eventually you may find they work only when the player is in the general vicinity of the vehicle.

Dragon warrior UAV, Mi-2, F18 and a whole bunch of other addons now use eventHandlers in MP, and they have special scripts to work around soem of the problems. Yes it is an OFP hardcoded issue, not addon makers fault.

Realistic explosion MOD  v1.31

- different kind of debris bugs fixed

This version contains only the basic 3 (flamer,middle,smoker) config.bin.

Because of everybody wants a different kind support, from now every support will be stored in separate files.

During the nights I will upload the following files:

Blood_to_v1.31.zip - contains (flamer,middle,smoker bin with Blood support)

INQ_to_v1.31.zip -  contains  (flamer,middle,smoker bin with INQ support)

Blood_INQ_to_v1.31.zip -  contains  (flamer,middle,smoker bin with Blood and INQ support)

link to: GMR_explomodv1.31.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

OFP version 1.91 required.

by Goldmember13

Goldmember13@freemail.hu

So there should be no more Dynamic Range support ? Snif, feel a bit sad right now sad_o.gif

Maybe I will remain with an older version...

Blood_INQ_to_v1.31.zip -  contains  (flamer,middle,smoker bin with Blood and INQ support)

Very confusing. What is file GMR_explomodv1.31.zip?

I downloaded Blood_to_v1.31.zip and installed the flamer+blood config.bin file. Now I've got this message again when starting OFP:

Script \OFPEC_blood\blood_init.sqs not found.

Very confusing. What is file GMR_explomodv1.31.zip?

Well, I downloaded it and decided to try the "flamer" config.bin file.

OFP starts OK. When I click continue in the Resistance campaign, I CTD again with a Windows access violation. sad_o.gif

I tried GMR_explomodv1.31 in Mission Editor, CWC Campaign and in Single Mission Bomberman, for me everything works fine.

I´ve used the Blood_Inq/Flamer.bin for 1.31.

Realistic explosion MOD  v1.31

- different kind of debris bugs fixed

This version contains only the basic 3 (flamer,middle,smoker) config.bin.

Because of everybody wants a different kind support, from now every support will be stored in separate files.

During the nights I will upload the following files:

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

OFP version 1.91 required.

by Goldmember13

Goldmember13@freemail.hu

So there should be no more Dynamic Range support ? Snif, feel a bit sad right now  sad_o.gif

Hi!

I don't want to upgrade dynrange support until it is not 100% done. BUt if you

satisfied with earlier version I will make an v1.31 compatible version today.

to Theavonlady:

GMR_explomodv1.31.zip - contains (basic flamer,middle,smoker bin + gmr.pbo + demomission + editable config.cpp)

INQ_to_v1.31.zip - contains (flamer,middle,smoker bin with INQ support)

Blood_INQ_to_v1.31.zip - contains (flamer,middle,smoker bin with Blood and INQ support)

So there should be no more Dynamic Range support ? Snif, feel a bit sad right now  sad_o.gif

Hi!

I don't want to upgrade dynrange support until it is not 100% done. BUt if you

satisfied with earlier version I will make an v1.31 compatible version today.

Well, if you find the time to make it tounge_o.gif

It's really an impressive job you've done here ! Right now, I wonder why BIS don't ask support from third party addon makers for OFP2, cause they are able to focus on very specific aspect of the game : your explosions, wright and satchel sounds, inquisitors weapons, many talented units ands vehicles makers, countless scripters to cope with OFP engine...

Anyway, I really like what you did, and didn't find major bugs yet.

Thanks !

thankyou for the update Goldmember,

only thing i found this time is the debris objects are about 3 feet high, and you cant shoot over them. i dont mean the graphic of the object, it has some invisable section above it. i tested only with the flamer.bin

Goldmember, it may sound as a request, but take it as a question wink_o.gif :

Is it possible to change the effect of bullets on vehicles? Cause I got tired of the little dust that appears when they take MG fire. Specially for aircrafts and choppers... But, maybe the MG effects are all the same, whatever they hit ? I fact, I'd like to see little yellow sparkles.

Thank you anyway, or anyone able to answer.

after a small problem biggrin_o.gif

you can download this VERY nice mod on the nice site www.ofp.at too ;)

and special thanks to mr.burns for his help

Goldmember, it may sound as a request, but take it as a question  wink_o.gif  :

Is it possible to change the effect of bullets on vehicles? Cause I got tired of the little dust that appears when they take MG fire. Specially for aircrafts and choppers... But, maybe the MG effects are all the same, whatever they hit ? I fact, I'd like to see little yellow sparkles.

Thank you anyway, or anyone able to answer.

I think it is beyond our possibilities:(

every flying bullets must use a script to determine Wether it hit to ground or vehicle? No pc can handle that I think. But who knows?

uploaded Dynamicrange support (the old one, so soldiermoving still missing)

Dynrange_to_v1.31.zip (only dynrange support)

Blood_Dynrange_to_v1.31.zip (blood and dynrange support)

I think it is beyond our possibilities:(

every flying bullets must use a script to determine Wether it hit to ground or vehicle? No pc can handle that I think. But who knows?

OK, too bad... Even by modifying the config is it impossible? In fact, it is not so different from what you've done, or I may miss something rock.gif And with event handlers, for example, when a vehicle, whatever its class is, gets hit by bullet, then sparkle spray, the same way dust sprays right now. Do you follow me ?

This was just something I wanted to know.

Thank you for Dynrange support tounge_o.gif

Keep up the GREAT work and keep us informed of updates

wink_o.gif

...We want Blood_dynrange_INQ_to_v1.31... tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif ....

...By the way, super great addon, KEEP GOING ON !!!! wink_o.gif

@ July 17 2003,11:49)]thankyou for the update Goldmember,

only thing i found this time is the debris objects are about 3 feet high, and you cant shoot over them. i dont mean the graphic of the object, it has some invisable section above it. i tested only with the flamer.bin

ummm i repeat ^^^^^^^^^

@ July 18 2003,11:19)]
@ July 17 2003,11:49)]thankyou for the update Goldmember,

ummm i repeat ^^^^^^^^^

These debris are the official BIS shrapnel modells, if you have editorupgrade102.pbo you can watch it closer.

I tested your problem, when debris is lying on the ground I can shot above it ( I was in lying position too) easily,

but when it is standing on its edge (it is very rare situation, hardly happens) I can not. In this case shot debris first,

and will falling down and move away too.:)

I had some problem with this Mod when playing the new C&R (v1.314.....), the FBI guys started in the ground, and also in another mission they were walking with their guns in the ground, and generally looking alittle odd. Also had the dead position when crawling, and the guun was poiting in the air wink_o.gif I took it out and it worked fine.

Goldmember, regarding the MP issues...

Wouldn't it be possible to have the host broadcast a boolean variable with the "publicVariable" command and then when the clients sees that variable "true" starts the fire/smoke routines for the destroyed object? Just an idea...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Looks good.

One short question though. Does this affect lag (in single player)? I try to avoid mods that cause major lag increase.

I have a good computer but I tend to emphasise smooth game play to SFX.

BM