Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

when i hit an AH-64 with AK Bullets this appeared:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http....ttp

..but it wasn´t so bad, everything went on normal.

I´ve got this (or kinda same) error message again. It occurs everytime when an empty Airvehicle crashes to the ground. I tried kamikaze into a House (not ejected) and nothing happened. Does anyone else experience this ?

when i hit an AH-64 with AK Bullets this appeared:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http....ttp

..but it wasn´t so bad, everything went on normal.

I´ve got this (or kinda same) error message again. It occurs everytime when an empty Airvehicle crashes to the ground. I tried kamikaze into a House (not ejected) and nothing happened. Does anyone else experience this ?

That means only happens this scripts failure when air vehicles destroyed. I 'll check that script.

I found it!

Quick repair:

Open GMR.pbo and look in expfire_air.sqs, find these line.

[_vehicle] exec "\GMR\repesz.sqs"

and replace to this one.

[_object] exec "\GMR\repesz.sqs"

Cool, you solved the prob, for me it works 2.

thx Goldmember smile_o.gif

Ekk I don't get the readme......

1) Unzip and copy GMR_exploMOD folder to your Operationflashpoint directory. Choose form bin_versions forder one config.bin

I can't even find bin_versions. Edit do I have to have the old verisons?

Ekk I don't get the readme......

1) Unzip and copy GMR_exploMOD folder to your Operationflashpoint directory. Choose form bin_versions forder one config.bin

I can't even find bin_versions.

bin_versions folder must be there when you open GMR_exploMODv1.31.zip, otherwise u should download it again.

You don´t need older Versions, but i´ve downloaded Blood_INQ_to_v1.31.zip too, cause it wasn´t included in the main zipfile.

Looks good.

One short question though. Does this affect lag (in single player)? I try to avoid mods that cause major lag increase.

I have a good computer but I tend to emphasise smooth game play to SFX.

BM

I didn´t notice any lag affected by the explosions or debris although i got a weak system.

I re-uploaded GMR_explomodv1.31.zip to my briefcase, I fixed 2 script error ( one of mentioned Mr Burns,

another was that spot of ligths and spot of flames in dark sometimes not was the same) these changes not effected

config.bin files only script files in GMR.pbo was changed.

link to: GMR_explomodv1.31.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

OFP version 1.91 required.

I think I'm missing something, I don't get any flames, or anything, what do I have to do?

hi this is a great addon to ofp put how could I get it to work with FDF mod

Do you have the FDF mod in a mod folder? I would thought so.

All you have to do is go to the short cut you are using for the FDF mod, right clik and go to properties, find the target window and right at the end type ";" and the name of the folder where the explosions mod are, and then you'll be able to play the FDF mod with the explosions mod, in theory biggrin_o.gif

I hoppe this hellp.

Do you have the FDF mod in a mod folder? I would thought so.

All you have to do is go to the short cut you are using for the FDF mod, right clik and go to properties, find the target window and right at the end type ";" and the name of the folder where the explosions mod are, and then you'll be able to play the FDF mod with the explosions mod, in theory biggrin_o.gif

I hoppe this hellp.

It is not so easy, thIS won't work. My mod and FDF mod has a totally different config.cpp. We have to merge it to one and will work.

...goldmember, make it work with Blood_INQ_Dynrange_to_v1.31...and FDF Mod pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

First I would like to say, that GMR ExploMod is one of more (if not most) valuable addons released. In connection with OFPEC Blood it makes whole game a lot better.

I'm playing with those scripts for some time now, and I noticed some things:

GMR ExploMod doesn't working for vehicles which uses eventhandlers (no matter which eventhandler is used),

even if 'vehicle tree' is correct - it just doesn't work.

If event handlers are used - there is also _no_ (any) explosion sound for such vehicle. So whole effect isn't nice if vehicle doesn't have any other explosion scripts defined in the Killed event handler.

Of course it's possible to avoid that by using (for example):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Killed="[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\expfire_air.sqs"""; event handler, but it forces addonmaker to attach GMRExploMod with his addon (and it's not very good solution I think). I don't see any other way to solve this problem..

PS.: Anyways, thumbs up. I think that such things like explosions, downwash effects, flames, smoke etc. should be standarized. I really don't see a point in releasing hundreds of downwash (etc) scripts - there should be just one good script called for all addons by the master config file - just like the explosions from ExploMod.

PS.: Anyways, thumbs up. I think that such things like explosions, downwash effects, flames, smoke etc. should be standarized. I really don't see a point in releasing hundreds of downwash (etc) scripts - there should be just one good script called for all addons by the master config file - just like the explosions from ExploMod.

Fully agree with you Airwolf and wan't to add one thing.... They should all be multiplayer compatible!

Goldmember have done a great job and this ExploMod adds a lot to the atmosphere with burning wrecks, smoke etc. but unfurtunately since it dosen't work in MP our group don't use it.

I don't blame Goldmember for this but still hope there is some solution to get these nice effects to work in MP??? Maybe BIS could make the  "Smoker version" default with the upcoming 1.92 patch  wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

After some more digging about eventhandlers in multiplayer I found the following info over at OFPEC and I think this is the root to the problem (or am I wrong?)...

Quote[/b] ]

MP notes: "Killed" and "Hit" event handlers are executed where given unit is local. All other event handlers are executed on all computers

I don't have any major experience with eventhandlers (only used "fired" in a MP script I'm working on) but wouldn't a possible workaround be to use the "Dammaged" event in ExplosionMod instead of "Killed" and start the fire/smoke/debrie script when dammage value is greater than 0.99? Maybe this way isn't fast enough?

Comments? Goldmember (or from other script guru's)?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Unfortunately "dammaged" eventhandler don't work for vehicles, only mans.

But we can try "init" eventhandler, it is executed immediately in mission start, but maybe it is will slow down gameplay.

But we can try "init" eventhandler, it is executed immediately in mission start, but maybe it is will slow down gameplay.

These "init" thing seems to work in singleplayer, tomorrow I make a test version for multiplayer.

Yea, after some more reading on OFPEC I learned that to  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

These "init" thing seems to work in singleplayer, tomorrow I make a test version for multiplayer.

Lets hope there is a workaround somehow to have your great mod working also in MP (without adding to much nettraffic), let me know if/when you update and we will be happy to test it.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Thanks for the update Goldmember! Trying to get hold of Jotte as we speak. Will try and let you know the outcome ASAP!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Me and Jotte just tested the new version in MP and unfurtunately it didn't fix the problem  sad_o.gif

The problem is the same. The host see's the vehicle explosions and burning debris, clients don't see any of the nice effects.

Maybe there isn't any easy workaround after all? If I understand it correctly the objects are local to the host so probably the only way to solve it is to use "publicVariable" to update the clients when to start the scripts on the destroyed vehicles but that in turn will steal bandwidth and maybe increase lag? But I've been proven wrong before  wink_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

It is bad. That means - as we already talked about it - eventhandlers in main config.bin not working in multiplayer.

Publicvariable not help in this case. Eventhadler will executes the scripts not any varialble. I cant make any variable that execute an eventhandler! Only way that making multiplayer missions and implement this vehicle burning scripts

manually.

Regarding getting Dynamic Range to work with this mod, I was wondering if the 'soldiermoving' elements of the config.cpp for the 1.46 version of Dynamic Range could be used in your new config.bin? That config.cpp is a fully working file made and used before modmaker's could create bin files and in theory if you cut and paste only the bits you need (the bits to do with soldiermoving) from that into your new config it may still work. Let me know if you want me to email it to you. smile_o.gif