Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=Profile;CODE=03;MID=69-1010171377

Quote[/b] ]Ex-RoNiN last posted in SQUADS AND FANPAGES in on Feb. 24 2006,09:01

wink_o.gif

In regards to ORCS addons - I can appreciate the frustration some people are feeling in not being allowed to discuss their addons. For whatever reason, though, ORCS have requested that we close any discussion about their addons on this forum. For the sake of honoring the addon makers request, and to try and avoid conflicts, we have complied with their request.

If any addon making team or individual asked for similar treatment, they would get it. We're not playing favorites with ORCS at all...

For the sake of the members of this forum, what was the groups reasoning for wishing to disallow discussion of their work on this particular forum?

I don't want to act offended, but, such a request is a very powerful statement against this forum, and those that choose to discuss here. confused_o.gif

Changing subject if there was something else before.

What font does this webpage use?

I really like it, and am I allowed to use it on my webpage?

The standards is just terrible tounge2.gif

Wierd... I type:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'><<span style='color:blue'>FONT</span>=Verdana><<span style='color:blue'>FONT</span> SIZE=3></span>

Still stuck in Times New Roman...

Any HTML-wiz' out there that can help me out here?

Baby jesus cries when you use html tags instead of CSS.

Think this is going bit off-topic? wink_o.gif

Baby jesus cries when you use html tags instead of CSS.

Think this is going bit off-topic? wink_o.gif

Not that of a pro.

Anyways, doesn't matter, solved it myself.

smile_o.gif

that's strictly a client-side browser hax, troll your own %systemroot%/fonts folder to see what you have. There's no guarantee that another client running something like <span style='font-family:impact'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>linu<span style='color:orange'>x</span></span></span> is going to be able to render it.

Additionally, you'll want to stuff as much as possible into .css headers to clean up and optimize the HTML code. The more code you put into the HTML, the less manageable it will be, and the more laggy it will be.

Not gonna have much actually. Just a little text, pics and downloadable content.

smile_o.gif

Can I use some of these smileys on this forum to place some on another forum? Some are alot better than the default Proboard ones... I'll upload them on my image host, naturally.

Wierd... I type:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'><<span style='color:blue'>FONT</span>=Verdana><<span style='color:blue'>FONT</span> SIZE=3></span>

Still stuck in Times New Roman...

Any HTML-wiz' out there that can help me out here?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><font face=verdana size=3>bla bla</font>

Is the title of this thread "HTML For Dummies"?

I will help you with the answer:

No it isn't.

Can I use some of these smileys on this forum to place some on another forum? Some are alot better than the default Proboard ones... I'll upload them on my image host, naturally.

Sure, most were found by googling anyways so we certainly don't assume any ownership smile_o.gif

Well, they gotta blow of some steam them to you know wink_o.gif

raelian3rg.jpg

This guy will live on forever as a legend in the history of the Bohemia Interactive Forums.

Cows and spamming. Now where have I heard that before whistle.gif

Ok, FINAL WARNING. Stick to the topic - small talk/spam/unrelated posts in this thread will from now on be punished with WL boxes and post restrictions.

It is unfortuante that it had to come to this, but then you had over 160+ pages to get the idea crazy_o.gif

dear mods,

Quote[/b] ]it's wisened, not whizened. That has been irritating me for about 2 years - change it or else.

If you want you can correct this mistake, however, since nobody knows me as Gandalf the white anymore, you can give me a complete new title if you want to be creative smile_o.gif .

cheers,

Codarl

How the heck do you get a custom title from the beginning anyways?

crazy_o.gif

raelian3rg.jpg

This guy will live on forever as a legend in the history of the Bohemia Interactive Forums.

Ok, FINAL WARNING. Stick to the topic - small talk/spam/unrelated posts in this thread will from now on be punished with WL boxes and post restrictions.

It is unfortuante that it had to come to this, but then you had over 160+ pages to get the idea crazy_o.gif

Hey that wasnt fair tounge2.gif

raelian3rg.jpg

Hey that wasnt fair tounge2.gif

Quoting my warning makes my giving you your PR a lot easier. band.gif

See you in 3 days.

How the heck do you get a custom title from the beginning anyways?

crazy_o.gif

That was actually meant as a serious question, so can I get it answered?

After all, this is Ask a mod.

<span style='color:#E9EDF2'>Stop avoiding my questions!</span>

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Something regarding the 100kb image rule. Wouldn't it be better to have a maximum for a complete post? Like 600kb per post (6 images each 100kb). Since people in the OFP:CP topic are now cutting up pictures in smaller pieces and then paste them together, wouldn't it be better to have a size limit for a complete post?

EDIT:

Is it also possible to change the membergroup I am in to Modmakers. Thank you.

Something regarding the 100kb image rule. Wouldn't it be better to have a maximum for a complete post? Like 600kb per post (6 images each 100kb). Since people in the OFP:CP topic are now cutting up pictures in smaller pieces and then paste them together, wouldn't it be better to have a size limit for a complete post?

I agree, it's rather annoying.

Quote[/b] ]Is it also possible to change the membergroup I am in to Modmakers. Thank you.

Same if it's possible.

the mod maker member level was created years back when there was a beta testing for O2 was held. It was supposed to give those people access to restricted forum for O2.

Now that O2 and visitor is out, the member level is obsolete and lives in name only. Although it might be tempting, there is no real benefit for it and would rather leave it alone.