Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

cool ever been to (not so bonny) scotland?(Where I currently live smile_o.gif ) So you only live in Czech because you work for BIS or am I wrong? tounge2.gif Im asking a mod so its ontopic I hope ^^

this thread is more appropriately called "ask a mod (regarding forum related questions)"

doh icon_rolleyes.gif

How do I change this thing in my profile thing: eg someone has this as its text "Evolution desperately needed" mine has just 2 dots ".." and placebos eg has "Ãœber Verwalter" any idea, (ive looked at my profile settings but no luck tounge2.gif

You'll have to increase your postcount to become member, advanced member and OF Fan and stuff, or do something funny, horrible or annoying to earn yourself a personal one like the ones you described.

Only moderators can change your title.

Oh, you're welcome btw, no need to thank me  smile_o.gif

HAHA nice one rofl.gif Ive been here since 2003 if u must know, I just didnt post or register as at that time I didnt know how to use forums tounge2.gif

[RANT]

Hello my name is blackdog and I've been using these forums since March 2002.

Anyway, could you consider banishing all the retarded smilies and replace them with ones that don't suck, such as these:

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/smilies.htm

I would prefer smilies of uniform size and shape, that are still effective at conveying emotion over the information superhighway.

Because these ones really suck.

welcome.gifyay.gifconfused_o.gifwhistle.gifpistols.gifnener.gifnotworthy.gifhelp.gifband.gifbanghead.gif

Seriously, 3/4 of them do not even have a use, other than encouraging people to be retarded and post replies that are like:

OMG thanks for the addon I REALLY LIKE IT ALOT (bow) (pistols) (banana)

Thank you,

Your buddy,

blackdog

[/RANT]

Seriously, they bother me a lot. Please make it stop.

could you consider banishing all the retarded smilies and replace them with ones that don't suck, such as these...

No.

Can't please everyone.

whats wrong with the banana?? ye id have to agree The smilies are bad, every forum needs an embaresssed emote and I dont see one no matter this place makes up for bad emotes with its good community.

If you dont like these why not make your own? eg I do this sometimes: eek.jpg

whaha.jpg

(from msn) damn but they have the wrong backround colour as you can see yay.gif

every forum needs an embaresssed emote

Like this? icon_redface.gif It has been there a long time, like the other 400+ smile_o.gif

400 plus? and yet I cant find them. ah those are phb ones?, where can I see the preview of those, hidden away deep in the site I imagine (icon_redface.gif)

Now why would anyone say that the almighty banana would be useless? yay.gif

could you consider banishing all the retarded smilies and replace them with ones that don't suck, such as these...

No.

Can't please everyone.

Even though "everyone else" so far seems to be in agreement with me, I can see where you're coming from (your all-in-all hatred for me, and the fact that, well, I won't go there).

Maybe I did find a use for this smiley...

whistle.gifsmile_o.gif

No.

Can't please everyone.

Even though "everyone else" so far seems to be in agreement with me, I can see where you're coming from (your all-in-all hatred for me, and the fact that, well, I won't go there).

Maybe I did find a use for this smiley...

whistle.gif  smile_o.gif

i don't think one or two people constitute "everyone else"

if you think we hate you, you certainly brought it upon yourself. I'd like to remind you that you were previously banned, only to return under amnesty.

In regards to the newer smilies, they were introduced around the same time OFP: Elite was being promoted if I recall correctly. I think it is an attempt to make the forums appeal more to a different kind of user, one that can't deal with more than 6 buttons in front of them at any one time. whistle.gif

Before anyone gets offended I'm going to point out that was a joke, but there does appear to be a 'dumbing down' of the forums in some ways.

I was thinking of this earlier..

smiley-aloof.gif

What kind of expression is THAT meant to be?

As i see no other message about it and so don't know if it is a global problem (as the forum went down for maintenance during a day the last time i noticed this) , is the forum incredibly slow only for me this evening ?

It took me easily more than 15 mn to slideshowly access the forum then painfully log-in and zombiely access the off topic forum just to slowmotionly post this message there wink_o.gif

( the BIS forums access was normal for me during the morning and this problem is limited for me only to the BIS forums, every other internet places i usually visit are always normal for me )

Well the forum is very slow today so it's not just you am afraid confused_o.gif

Took me 4 min to get in here and I guess it will that as much

time to post this message.

Forum seems to be running well now smile_o.gif

About the smilies i like new ones like this one >> pistols.gif and the banana, and think Blackdogs recomended blue smillies suck bad imo, but i agree that some could be replaced, i hate:

> :rofl , :notworthy , :whi , :mock , banghead.gif , goodnight.gif , inlove.gif , help.gif , band.gif . Too much animation makes for anoying reading, i also believe they should be of the same font/style and less colorfull, colorfull smilies are a bit... girly.