Sign in to follow this  
suma

Editor's depot

Sorry for asking this, but what is this utility?

Please tell me....

Nice work with the OFP game!

Let's just hope OFP 2 will be much better ;)

Great, thanks BIS.

So have I understood this correctly? : If someone makes a high quality addon that is AAE compliant and comes with the AAE msi installer, BIS will host it at the AAE page???

So have I understood this correctly? : If someone makes a high quality addon that is AAE compliant and comes with the AAE msi installer, BIS will host it at the AAE page???

Not exactly. We can't host 3rd party for various reasons but most serious are legal problems.

What we could provide is to promote the addon on the offical website and list it as AAE compliant recommended addons.

Selection process will be clarified on the go but for now, this forum is the right place to recommend an addon to be listed at our website.

Any chance of AAE being mentioned to the gaming press? It seems a lot of addons for, well to be honest, worse games than OFP (BF1942/GR/Quake 3 etc) get a lot more publicity in the numerous magazines, its as if the OFP addon making community doesnt exist, I'm sure there are thousands of people that have bought OFP:R and yet dont know of the various news sites that would benefit from the various quality addons, now that AAE will make it a lot easier for people that have never installed addons before to use addons and play missions, it seems like the perfect time for BIS/Codemasters to give the various PC magazines a nudge to let them know that the addon making community exists. It may give the community the boost it needs to survive until OFP2.

OFPEC is always happy to host addons (addons submission) biggrin_o.gif

During submission, authors can select there addon as being 'AAE compliant' (using the AAE installer and also using an OFP tag).

At the Addons Depot, AAE compliant addons are marked with the following image:

addon-at-ease.jpg

Remember: addons can be downloaded by the public as soon as they are submitted, but they are not 'released' until staff review them.

We are still happy to host non-AAE compliant addons, of course.

You will find all tools needed to create Addons At Ease compliant addon at addons section of our web site.

I just want to point out that it sounds like Oxygen and all is there.But its not, just the AAE program.

Only the tool to make the addon AAE compliant is there ,not all tools to make an AAE addon

Users still need to go here

to make their addons

Quote[/b] ]Any chance of AAE being mentioned to the gaming press?

Yes, we plan to do this once there will be enough AAE content to talk about.

Am I the only one who has trouble to download the AAE Utility? Since yestarday I keep on clicking on the "I Agree" link, but nothing happens. First of all I thought it was the rush of people trying to download, but now I can't believe that anymore.

Regards, PSC rock.gif

Oh well, I think the problem is solved. I tried a different internet browser and it worked.

Regards, PSC smile_o.gif

Any chance of AAE being mentioned to the gaming press? It seems a lot of addons for, well to be honest, worse games than OFP (BF1942/GR/Quake 3 etc) get a lot more publicity in the numerous magazines, its as if the OFP addon making community doesnt exist, I'm sure there are thousands of people that have bought OFP:R and yet dont know of the various news sites that would benefit from the various quality addons, now that AAE will make it a lot easier for people that have never installed addons before to use addons and play missions, it seems like the perfect time for BIS/Codemasters to give the various PC magazines a nudge to let them know that the addon making community exists. It may give the community the boost it needs to survive until OFP2.

It's good point and it hits very much the main motivation that leads us to start AAE.

Current situation is that there are already hundreds of high quality addons for the game but most of them are released in a way not very well accessible to the end users without extensive computer skills.

But Suma said it already: at the moment, there's only one AAE addon available (made by us). After we have 4-5 more good and polished addons created by community at ease with interesting content for the gamers, we're definitelly promote it in many ways.

When trying to install any addons using AAE and the microsoft .msi file it gives me an error saying my operation flashpoint is corrupt. The only thing I've done is used no cd patches so but I've tried putting back the old exe files and reupdating and i still get the error. Is there something else it is checking for to validate flashpoint?

Something like THIS would be nice for OFP.

That's the worst webpage I have ever seen in my life. It should burn in hell. Twice.

That's the worst webpage I have ever seen in my life. It should burn in hell. Twice.

It quite clearly states "This website is VERY basic. No fancy graphics, flash screens or popups." So why should anything more be expected?

Already today I've read a number of quite negative comments by you, verging on rude, try to be a little bit more courteous with your postings in future please. Quite easily such a tone could lead to the wrong impression should you post in such a way to someone with a more sensitive nature.

Also please read the forum rules, it's not acceptable to dig up an old thread, a thread that hasn't been replied to in more than 2 years qualifies as old, even if it's visible on the first page of a forum.

Ooops. MY mistake. It was meant as a lighthearted comment and I didn't check it's date. As you say, it was on the front page.

I apologise.

No harm, no foul. Let's leave it to gather dust again wink_o.gif