Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Wow I am very impressed with this mod. A great variety of Troops and Vehicles to use and all the Sounds and stuff. It's really impressive work.

There aresome things I noticed though.

- The F/A 18 has no rudder animation. I hope this will be added later.

- The BMP 1 (maybe the BMP 2 too) is shorter but there's still a invisible obstacle behind it. I believe there's a problem with the geometry lod.

- The rockets on BMPs always show up blue in the hud even if they're not ready to be fired. The same happens with the TOW launcher

- Maybe you could add gogles/visor animations to the MP and Special Troops

- I think the Special Troops have some kind of armor vest. If yes you could add a little more armor value to them.

Oooh I gave in and started DLing with my 56k, 48% done now...

Good thing you split it into smaller pbos to make it easier to patch, because I just saw a pretty interesting thing...

Ofp.info got an interview with RHS team...

Quote[/b] ]Q: Question about your tanks pack, Is it possible and did you wanted to introduce new features that are badly missing in ofp; the possibility to destroy tracks to immobilize tanks ?

A: we did think about it but have not tried it yet, but I think it is not possible, however we have something in the works that we are sure OFP lacks. By the time we're done and IF it works we'll be able to have someone man those MGs on top of our tanks ;)

Q: wow really??? you mean the commander will be able to use it...?

A: Gunner or Commander, depending on which hatch the MG is, but that is till to be worked on.

Q: ok smile_o.gif what is the % of chances you think it'll be fully working and implemented?

A: The concept seems to be logical we just need it to be set right.

Q: it will use a action menu to fire from commander position, right? smile_o.gif

A: i cant tell you at the moment smile_o.gif

If they really accomplish that, I guess every tank addon ever created will have to be updated... wink_o.gif

Any thoughts on this, FDFmod guys...I mean Almighty OFP God Kegetys? wink_o.gif

Right,im going on a permanent snow vacation biggrin_o.gif Bloody hell what a great job u did guys!!!

Only found 1 bug,and its that if u place an empty zodiac on editor it will have engine on and it will run off tounge_o.gif

(i'm sure theres a script or something for that but i dont script at all)

That bug with the boats not turning off their engine has always been there in the game.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I managed to run fdf mod by replacing fonts.pbo with correct file from original flashpoint (however, game menu is broken now).

one word about mod: AMAZING! :]]]]

Well... in few more words...

- great number of stuff, tanks, etc, etc... and even more... great textures, sounds... all...

- great audio surround (voices, MUSIC!!! well maybe I'm fan of the nordic metal, but the band I heard was not what I personally like - matter of gust - but the other music, symphonic.. absolutely amazed me :])

- and... something that amazed me MOST... damn.... those 2-part undeployable heavy weapons... HUH... it does not only work with your weapons, it works with M2 too... and it works UNBELIVABLY!!!!... aahhh.... that was... so.... so.... wonderfull...... THANX!!!!!!!

BTW: one *small* bug there is in heavy-weapon-system. I've placed... ie. DKM's TOW, then system abled me to "Take... M2" :] and... really... after executing, M2 appeared on my back, and the tripod changed....

I thought that it is only temporary due to lack of correct separae models for weapon..... but........

After redeploying weapon it was still M2.... :]

And that's it till now :]

Thanks once again to all FDF TEAM members for their work!

Miles Teg,

I see nobody answered your question about Finnish peacekeepers being in Kosovo, so I guess I'll have to help you out on this one. Yes, there are Finns in Kosovo. A Finnish battalion consisting of about 680 personnel is a part of the MNB (multinational brigade) Centre. Currently the Finnish battalion is responsible for coordinating the activities of the brigade, and it is also commanded by a Finnish brigadier-general.

So, be sure to drop us a line once you get some peacekeeping missions ready smile_o.gif Adding soldiers with the blue berets/helmets has been discussed in the FDFMOD forums, but unfortunately they weren't the top priority for this release.

As a final piece of advice regarding the Finns in Kosovo, you might want to consider using Jaegers with RK 95s and Sisu XA-185 for transportation to achieve maximum realism.

Have fun with the mod,

cam0flage

I just have one minor problem with the new menu system. When I make missions I tend to preview a whole lot. In preview mode, I just hit escape, and arrow key, and then enter twice, and that gets me back into editing. Now, I have to move my hand to my mouse and click on continue every time. Small thing I know, but if you could fix that it would save me seconds of valuable time. biggrin_o.gif

By the way, excellent mod, so few bugs for so many features. smile_o.gif

I am guessing this change was made to stop people from accidently selecting disconnect when the admin restarts the game, so never mind. wink_o.gif

I managed to run fdf mod by replacing fonts.pbo with correct file from original flashpoint (however, game menu is broken now).

- great audio surround (voices, MUSIC!!! well maybe I'm fan of the nordic metal, but the band I heard was not what I personally like - matter of gust - but the other music, symphonic.. absolutely amazed me :])

Great you got that working.. atleast partially smile_o.gif

More info about soundtrack band 'Airut' and some mp3's at their web site (in Finnish only)

i just deleted 200 megs of addons to make room for this...

- and... something that amazed me MOST... damn.... those 2-part undeployable heavy weapons... HUH... it does not only work with your weapons, it works with M2 too... and it works UNBELIVABLY!!!!... aahhh.... that was... so.... so.... wonderfull...... THANX!!!!!!!

I tried to do that action *take so and so machine gun* and all I get is a satchel on the ground that I can't use.

Most of the classical compositions used in FDFMod are composed by Jean Sibelius. Exceptions are:

Finnish National Anthem - Fredrik Pacius

Farewell Slavianka - Vasiliy Ivanovich Agapkin

Muistoja Pohjolasta - Sam Sihvo

Porilaisten Marssi - Christian Fredrik Kress

I'm not 100% sure I got them right though tounge_o.gif

Just got the anim with the BRDM, where the rock song is played by. really cool music. But as soon as the singer begins, is surely somewhat less cool. Sorry, but it's just too ...... Finnish for me tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Thanks Cam0flage for the input on the peacekeeping. That definitely helps! Areas where I think this mod can be improved are perhaps on the Russian side where the Russians still have the normal size BMP's. Also as someone mentioned some of the collision detection areas on the Finnish BMP's are sticking out in the front and back where there is an invisible wall. Also on the MI-8 it would be super cool to have a PKM or a NSV door gun on it since it no longer has rockets.

The Piper (cheiftain?) airplane is AWESOME! That would be a good one to make a version of with no national markings so other mods could use it for all kinds of different missions. But it's pretty fun using that for Finnish airborne missions.

Also on the Russian Spetsnaz troops, it would be good to see some using RPG-7's as those seem to be favored by many Russian special forces units in Chechnya.

Other then that I really love the mortars and machine guns that you can pick up however it would be nice if in the readme file or in some user mission templates, if there were some examples of how to get the AI to pickup the mortar and the mortar base plate (or the machine gun and machine gun tirpod) and then put them down in another location. I don't know if that's possible. Is it? If not then at least it'll be good for multiplayer games. I also like very much the way the mortar firing system works. It is a little it difficult to move the scope sometimes (very wobbly) but I figured out how to use it fairly accurately. That must have taken quite a bit of work to perfect! However I have not tried the AI on it to see how accurate they are with it. smile_o.gif

Finally, does the FDF have any type of armed helicopter gunships? You might make some type of gunship for the FDF as well in future releases. Overall it's a great mod, and I hope to make some good missions for it after I finish off the BOH and the French missions I'm working on right now.

Thanks all of you on the FDF mod team for all the hard work! It really shows and it raises mod making to a new level!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Areas where I think this mod can be improved are perhaps on the Russian side where the Russians still have the normal size BMP's.

Well i don´t see how these bmp´s are different if we are talking about the size.

bmp.jpg

Ooh.. you're right. I just assumed they were as they seemed a bit different and also the read me said that "correct sized BMPS's" were added. But I guess not unless the original BIS models were replaced, but if so they still look too tall. But I guess that's one more thing that can be improved on the next version of the mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This is very, very good. smile_o.gif To anyone who hasn't downloaded it yet, its definately worth it, even if you have like a 14.4 modem biggrin_o.gif .

Suggestions:

First, I'd like to be able(if possible) to command the AI to pick up and carry parts of machine guns using the Action sub-menu in the command menu

Second, after on the screen that shows you the debriefing after a mission, you can't just hit the enter key like you can in regular OFP, you have to click on continue. Its kinda annoying since I'm so used to hitting enter to get past it from regular OFP.

Third, I think I might of liked the way the mission editor is in regular OFP, maybe look at changing it back, or changing it to be a little bit more similar, though thats just a personal preference.

Fourth, it might be nice to be able to use the addons(atleast the really cool moveable machine-guns)with normal OFP. Maybe you could just release them as seperate addons down the road when you have time.

Fifth, while the Finnish voices may be realistic, some way to have them in english might be nice to see as an option, since its really difficult to understand whats going on with out looking down to look at the dialogue, which makes you pretty vulnerable.

This is an amazing mod, good job, and I'd highly reccommend it.

I had that problem a little while ago(not w/ FDFmod though).

I think it stopped when I updated the drivers for my gfx card.

That problem seem to be the sond card. If you have a SB live.

Okay, finally got it DLd and it works PERFECTLY.

This is a QUALITY mod, every detail is perfected...

There are too many cool things to mention, so I´ll just say GREAT JOB!

But it´s too bad that there isn´t a campaign or any original terrain (what happened to Suursaari?), it kind of spoils the first contact with the mod, not seeing the new units through cutscenes and advancing in ranks...

Are you going to update the T-55 when the RHS T-55 pack comes out, BTW?

Anyway, about the band... tounge_o.gif

I guess the music´s okay, but don´t blame yourself for not liking the singing, I´m Finnish and even I don´t like Finnish singing (most will disagree but hey).

And it´s not rock, it´s metal, like their site says.

Really, the band sounds like Children of Bodom "Lite" (some of the riffs sound more like CoB than CoB themselves wink_o.gif )...too little gusto and attitude.

All foreigners, be sure to check out our national anthem in the editor...