Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Also this version of L39 does not have optical sight, so hitting a moving target isn't that easy... In practice, you have to wait until BMP is under 300m from you if you want to hit with your first shot. And you'd better hit as you probably won't get second chance tounge_o.gif

It seems that FDF Mod prepares some "Winter War Mod", too...

Well hello Edge smile_o.gif

Primary goal for FDF Mod's equipment was 1939 -> modern days. With maybe some near future stuff.

We would like to make some never vehicles like NH-90 but we do not have blueprints and/or good quality photos for texturing. In case of NH-90, they haven't even started assembling them smile_o.gif

Also OFP engine restricts us from making addons about some interesting newer designs like AMOS, since it is wheeled vehicle.

The 7.62x39mm doesn't have that good a performance.
Quote[/b] ]Well, I have mixed feelings about toning down the recoil again. Maybe if it's possible to slightly reduce recoil for assault rifles chambered in 5.56 or a similar calibre, it would be okay, but I really would miss the current weapon handling feeling.

On the other hand, I still think that the finmod weapons are too low on damage. Thanks to the openess of the finmod .cpp, I was able to fiddle around a bit with the damage values. I changed it so that 7.62x51 and 7.62x54 rounds cause a damage of 11.3, while 5.56x45 and the soviet equivalent used in the ak74 cause a damage of 11.2. I then decided that 7.62x39 should do 11.1 and sidearms should do  between 10 and 10.4.

Now you might be thinking why the rifle values are so close to each other. Well, I was trying to get to the point where death is caused with either one or two rounds. A damage of 11.1 will mostly kill in 2 shots, but has a fair chance to kill with 1 round sometimes. With the 11.2 damage, you will have an even chance of either 1 shot or 2 shot kills. With 11.3 again, you will have mostly kill with one hit, but still often have to hit a second time in order to score a kill.

I for one think that those values are perfectly balanced. In standard OFP they would be overkill, due to the way too good accuracy of the weapons. But with Finmods accuracy ruleset, the increased damage works out nicely and really adds to the realism feeling. It's hard to hit, but if you hit, the target will notice this. Machineguns finnally have a real pupose and can manage to mow down whole infantry squads if and suppress human players, as they know they will most likely die when hit. In standard OFP the damage of 8 is a joke and I have yet to see someone duck because of an m60 or pk.

I would really like these values to be used with the next release of finmod. I for one think that they are very believable.

Sounds good to me.

Anyone else (preferably from the Finmod team) got to comment my idea? smile_o.gif

Talk to the people at the swedish forces pack about the AMOS cause they said they had one in progress. smile_o.gif. Also , I saw on the Janes Subscriber site that an AMOS system mounted on the CV-90 chassis was displayed last weel at the DSEI expo in London...

With the NH-90, they have 14 prototypes and 2 PRTV (production representitive Test vehicle) flying already! This is my most wanted addon for OFP! Footmunch has one 70% in progress so you could talk to him. smile_o.gif There are scale drawing available on the Janes site, which I cannot link to sad_o.gif but it is expensive to join their database. Even registering to them (which is free) will give you a access to their subscriber search engine.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of gear is "near future" for the Finnish Defence force? How did the FN2000 trials go there?

Well, at least the NH90 helicopter.

NH90

And the L2A4 which is already in the pack...

But the mod members probably know more about the near future.

Talk to the people at the swedish forces pack about the AMOS cause they said they had one in progress. smile_o.gif

We've been in contact with SFP members earlier.

AFAIK FDF's AMOS system will be based on Patria XA-18x vehicles. Which is kinda sad. Making AMOS system on top of CV90 (tracked vehicle) is probably much easier than on XA-18x (wheeled).  mad_o.gif

Edit: ofcourse it's AMV and not XA-18x...

Could you make or are you making XC-360 8x8 wheeled attack vehicle.

We don't have enough material (photos, blueprints, detailed tech specs) about it sad_o.gif

I thought the finnish AMOS turrets were going to be on AMVs ...I could also be wrong. Slap me if so!

Anyone else (preferably from the Finmod team) got to comment my idea?  smile_o.gif

I think current FDF rifles are basically on the right track now. Sure you could make every bullet do around 11 points of damage but it is still certainly easy enough to die in FDF mod already so I would retain around 11 damage values only to long-cartridge bullets such as 7.62x51 NATO and 7.62x54R Soviet which have a good chance of killing when hit on torso.

But pistol ammo damge will definately be increased for the next version.

Weird, I could swear I saw a AMOS mounted on a finnish CV90 somewhere, oh well. sad_o.gif

To my knowledge, it's not possible to adjust damage based on range, OFP engine limitation. Maybe some script could do that but I don't know how practical that would be.

Lahti L-35 Pistol

9mm semiautomatic sidearm entering service in 1935 and copied in Sweden. Durable and works in harsh conditions. Resembles the Luger but mechanism is entirely different.

Not worthy of frontpage news, but here it is anyways:

lahti_l35.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what sort of gear is "near future" for the Finnish Defence force? How did the FN2000 trials go there?

You can check it out yourself, finnish defence contract bulletin is published quarterly. It lists contracts currently open for bidding and contracts already awarded.

http://www.mil.fi/tiedotus/julkaisut/bulletin/june.pdf

Some examples from "future possible purchases":

- PERSONAL LASER WARNING SENSOR

- SHOULDER LAUNCH FLARES AGAINST OPTICAL SENSORS

- VERY SHORT RANGE AIR DEFENCE MISSILE SYSTEM (VShoRADMS), ItO 2010

Unfortunately "FDFMod virtual battlefield simulation system" is not included yet tounge_o.gif

blockquote><p>What is that book called Blackdog~? I have something like that but mine doesn

I shall answer for Blackdog on this one, because i am pretty sure it is Jane's Aircraft Recognition Guide, because i have this myself. Sorry for the offtopic.

About the mod, last weekend i took 14 hours 12 minutes and 21 seconds out of my life to download it. The fact that i downloaded it last weekend and have not said anything since should kinda speak for itself http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'>

Since re-installing FDF mod onto my computer I cannot fire my weapon, and I get an error screen saying it cannot find the music. This, of course, only effects FDF addons. Everything else is sweet. Do I need to re-install it or is there something else I am missing?