The Frenchman

Ofp moments in gameplay

MP SF MISSION

AI bus driver made a error exactly on the ambush spot... The AI busdriver blocked the road with his bus just like its supposed to do so... BUT NOTHING WAS PLANNED LIKE THIS...

The bus was actually planned to just drive past... but anyway the MG gunner on the jeep at the time (ME) didnt know it wasnt part of the mission, and started to hose down all the ppl inside the bus... 8 civilians were killed in this situation.

We killed the busdriver and shot the enemy aswell, but our jeep was wrecked cuz we didnt plan on getting blocked on the road.

So we stolen the bus cuz the SF mission needs to continue! blues.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....219.jpg

me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....466.jpg

after

(Its uber SF, first we get ambushed then we nick teh bus! biggrin_o.gif )

I was playing the resistance campaign on that one mission where you capture those ruins from the ruskies and in the next mission you have to defeat a counter attack.

I layed as many mines and satchel charges in front of the ruins where my squad was. I ran back to the cover of the ruins just as the tanks were coming down the path with a few infantry squads infront. I had positioned my machine gunners in very good spots and they had no problem taking out the enemy infantry with my help. Then the tanks come i order everyone into the cover of the ruins. I watch as tank after tank runs into a mine and blows up i destroyed 6 tanks in all repeling the armor attack. i lead my squad through the burning wrecks of the tanks to mop up any remaining crew and infantry, YES MISSION COMPLETE.....suddenly a v-80 gunship flies over us and fires its 30mm cannon down on us injuring my squadmates but not killing any it took out my legs so i coudlnt walk. i knew i had 1 rpg left and my chancing of hitting it were slim. The v-80 was coming around for another run on my squad. i crawled over behind a tree whipped out my rpg75 launcher aimed slightly ahead of the chopper and fired. to my amazement i had hit the chopper it was going down. now i really completed the mission with no deaths on my team just injuries. amazing..... unclesam.gif

I played OFP for manyyears, and had many memorable moments, but the one that I keep in mind as the strongest feeling I had was not an heroic move from me, on the contrary...

I created a very simple map in the editor as an officer of a squad of marines in nam. I had filled a village with viet civilans; when we got in the village, after a while I began to shoot the villagers, one by one, starting in the legs and taking my time to follow them as they were trying to take cover. I know, I know.... Anyway, I was really surprised to see the reaction of my squad who were starring at me, puzzled. And the medic was even trying to stop me from doing my rampage by keeping walking toward me.

(Must have been that guy, ...Johnny)

I had no idea that the AI would have this attitude, and then I felt quite bad. This "Platoonic" moment will certainly stay as my strongest OFP memory.

here at my home we run what we call lan wars .. bout 80+ players

covering all parts of ofp ..Air land and sea ...

we had one game ...Secure and Search for rebal forces on mungari

some forces came ashore in AAV-7's at the harbor ..others were dropped by BAS mh-47's with KLRs ...so mission going as planned

had our 2 BAS kiowa Warriors landed at the harbor armed with a mix of stingers,50 cal's and hellfires ....took off to patrol to "secured Area" spotted rebel troops moving along one of the bridges by this time ..night had fallen ..just imagine coming off a bridge to find a OH-58 hovering at the end ...and it was the last thing they saw ...

Back in the MFCTI 1.1 .92 IFE days, I was playing a simple game as commander with my clan on Nogova. I built at Varta, a mistake I've learned from. About 1 hr ingame, the enemy found us and started sending Mi24s our way (Anyone who has played on Nogova can testify that Varta is a bastard to hold towns from, it may be secure, but that little church is damn remote. Kind of like the Trosky base), so I decided to take the HQ and run down south. I drove the HQ down to the bottom of the hill (VERY ROCKY hill) without incident, and put it in a camo net to minimize the risk of it being taken out by the marauding Hinds. Using three clanmates as cover with MANPADs, I proceeded to drive one boat down to the bottom to hit the water, turn around, and attach the Bradley.

It didn't work. By the time I had reached the bottom, the boat exploded after hitting a rock and flipping over in the water. The second attempt was also a failure, sending the boat flipping across to the other shore. Finally I got it working on my third try, just barely surviving, attaching the MHQ, and heading towards the bridge. For the first five minutes, it all seemed ok, and we were all pretty pleased with the exfiltration. And then the T80s came.

Now anyone who's driven down that little river in a boat can testify that you're a sitting duck for not only aircraft, but even BMPs. Without air cover of my own, some inept tank gunner started taking pot shots at my MHQ-carrying "boat". I can't call it a boat, because even boats have something to defend themselves. After I thought I got past the bastard, I was finally nearing Davle, when I saw tanks coming across the bridge (they built in Petrovice). After they took shots at me and tried to kill me AGAIN, one of the three Mi24s they had up dove down towards the bridge and almost blew me up with an AT6. A minute later, I was dead with the MHQ and the motor-raft. I HATE Hinds.

Playing CTI on anilym. Was trundling up the hill in my t80. Fell into a ravine, t80 upside down. Ran 1.5k back to base got new T80 with the intention of getting my 1st t80 the right way up..

10min later... Ran 1.5k back to base to get a new T80 with thr intention of getting my 2nd t80 the right way up.

Have some screenshots somewhere smile_o.gif

LMAO that sounds very much like a desert CTI I was playing SP, I like to load a jeep or a truck with weapons/ammo and go town capturing, well suffice it to say after a while there were a couple of strategically placed ammo dumpson the map, one halfway across a short bridge, and one half in river and half on the riverbank, I deliberately put the vehicles on their sides so the AI couldn't steal them wink_o.gif

I was attacking Durras with Bravo and Charlie squads supporting from the east and west, I was coming from the north following the road. My squad came under fire from 200m through the trees, we couldnt see the enemy but they were picking off my guys so we broke left to the tree line.

As we returned fire I heard the unmistakable noise of a BMP on the move so I casually look at my men to tell the LAW soldier to take him out. But my LAW man had been taken down by the initial encounter, I look back 75m and there is his broken body. The noise is getting louder so I order my men to stay and I ran back for the LAW.

As I reached his body, the noise seemed far too loud and as I equip the LAW and spin around there are 2 BMPs approx 20m from my men.

I fire the first LAW at the lead BMP, which explodes in a fireball. The second BMP, slams on the brakes and as I am reloading he spins around and looks at me just as I fire off the 2nd LAW which also hits home. I ran back to my men, all unhurt by the explosions, but as we advance a lone Machine Gunner takes me out firing randomly through the burning BMPs.

That was a post humous medal candidate if ever I have heard one..

You can see my remaining squad just above my rifle

save.jpg

Mission from PMC Fury

I just finished playing with FFUR 2006 in the mission editor.

I set up a small house on desert island, surrounded by trees for cheesy effect. Then I setup 3 resistance fighters with 3 civilians and set them to "destroy" the hostages if they saw any SWAT members (the US blackops in this case). I myself tested the triggers to make sure that they worked.

Then I placed myself on a hill overlooking the house, where I could try to pick off the hostage takers deep inside the house in an emergency.

Lying in some placed bushes, I gave the go-code to the 5 man SWAT team to infiltrate the "forest" and storm the house.

At some point during the infiltration, I saw the hostages go prone, and then the gunman at the door started aiming somewhere. I took my badly aimed shots and missed both the guy in the hallway and the door. I couldn't see anything until I started hearing a lot of shrill high-pitched shots. I saw all the hostages down, and the door-man prone behind a body.

When I saw an officer non-chalantly run in front of the gunman, I thought that gunman would shoot him.

Nothing happens for a few seconds, then I see all my officers standing. When I run to the house, I realize that the doorman was already dead. I take his AK and jump into the house, only to find all the hostages safe (but psychologically plastered to the ground), and the gunmen with multiple bullet wounds.

The AI saved the day without my crappy sniping with an overpowered .50 cal. yay.gif

Playing with the mission editor is fun. smile_o.gif

Me and a friend were just playing a DAC MP mission i threw together in the editor, there was one hostage (me) and there were several VC guards about (was using NP2 on La Drang), whilst i was waiting for my friend to arrive i heard the distant sound of explosions, it appeared that some NVA AAA were opening up on the inbound SEAL rescue team coming in to bust me out, the fire subsided for a little while... i didn't hear anything then two "crack" sounds later the two guards outside dropped, i swiftly sprinted out and got their weapons "handy" i thought, so began the extremely long trek back to the huey which was landed some 600m or so away near a river secluded behind some tree's, that's when i sighted a entire VC squad to our left!, we got the drop on them and fired a few M79's in their direction, they barely had time to fire off a few rounds before they were all killed, we had a quick look around the area, got some ammo off the bodies and continued on our way unadverted, once we were all aboard the huey we began the tense flight back to SF Forward camp when the flak started up again and it kept getting thicker as we went, instead or risking losing the entire chopper + twelve man cargo, the pilot set it down at a near by clearing, BAD mistake, on the way down a VC squad hiding in the bushes opened up on us with MG's, killing the pilot and half the cargo swiftly and several seconds later we crashed and blew up!.

Got to love OFP's AI sometimes wink_o.gif

Made a mission once for a Lan game. You had 2 resistance police guys who where patrolling the city in Nogova. And 3 civilians wich had no guns at start. The police had to kill the civilians.

I put over a 100 civils in the city, all walking, driving a car, standing around etc.... Made some triggerd situations, like a motor with somebody on the back riding out a building full speed, just like a normal player would do.

Placed some ammo crates around the main building, triggerd with the alarm... so the police would know where to go.

Also a player could get in the back of a civil car and drive somewhere... really funny if you were followed.

Played it over Lan, was GREAT FUN!!!. It was really hard to know who was a real player, because there were people running everywhere... Killed a lot of innocent civilians that day :P!!! Really nice mission, lots of firefights and car chaisings.

Almost every blackop mission in ofp is a wow moment for me.

For all the games that feature rambos and special forces, whenever I play a flashpoint 1985 blackop mission...I mean, I really feel special forces. The feats I have escaped with are outstanding. I remember in the mission "saboteur" I took out a few guards and blew an ammo dump...when the guards investigated the damage, I stole a tank and waste a base. Suddenly they were sending tanks to counter-attack me...so I stole and m17, killed a lot, and then got shot down by an mi24 only to bail right over my extraction zone smile_o.gif

It was just the feeling of one guy raising this much hell with such cunning that was awesome, narrowingly escaping detection all the time and such.

playing "ressistance" campaign with FFUr 2006. used a lot of sniper rifles ! it so fun to watch them go down with the new animation. anyway, so i sent my tank near the russian AT posion in the mission "Hu8nting" {the one that must capture Lipany} and watched the area with my SVD dragunov, suddenly I see russian AT soldier taking the AT and about to shoot my tank, and shot him straight in the head ! and he was down with that lovely FFUR animation {that one that if you are crounching you like slowly fall aside} smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I was having very well played game of Mapfact "Escape from Nogova" with around 25-30 people one evening. I took to role of a police officer, I was to run the checkpoint on the opposite side of the bridge near Davel. We had a man in a boat on the water to keep an eye if the suspects tried to use the water to escape. All of a sudden, one of the suspects came screaming down the road and I then offered chase but I didn't need to. He clipped the front of my police jeep and got the wobbles and "bounced" over the fence and onto the boat on the water, killing the suspect and immobilizing the boat.

This was a fun moment: I tried to land an Antonov on Viikland airport. But it was way too small and I hit several trees. I went offtrack right into the Hangars...

then the OFP physics let me down, you know how it goes.

I got out safely and had a chance to grab my camera and take a pic of it  wink_o.gif

dxdshot1146505488.jpg

I had a MP game with a m8 of mine, we were Aussie SF doing deep penetration mission in afghanistan.

We were riding in a open landrover with our squad I was gunner and the other guy was driving. At some point he told me he made a ambush, I didnt know where. We had a long drive and well there was some light traffic on the same road, some cars and a bus coming our way.

But then the AI busdriver has a brainfart and very suddenly blocks the road with the bus. Like completly across the road. I went like wow_o.gif ambush, ambush and started to light up the bus with the MG. Cease Fire Cease fire friendly's, my team mate shouted.

But then allmost at the same time we were getting incoming fire from RPG and HMG... 1 RPG hit just near the rover and it was damaged, we quickly got out and ordered our AI squadmates to hold back. We both went out passed the bus and discovered a bunker position to the right. Took it out and killed three enemy.

Buutt then we still had to complete the mission, we went back and looked at the smashed rover, no good. Shall we restart, NOO I shouted and pointed at the bus. We went to check it out and found some 20 dead civvies, huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif But atleast the bus still worked, so we got on the bus with our SF team sitting between dead bodies in a bus towards the target objective...

So to conclude the story

Some AI busdriver farks up exactly at the spot of the ambush while he should have just driven on. And create a real roadblock with the bus. And then we steal the bus to complete mission!

That was absolutly really really reaaaally COOL!

Before ambush

teammate in stolen bus

Driven towards objective

Really, UBER SF, getting ambushed and then stealing a bus! rofl.gif

EDIT

When I searched for those pictures I found these.

Again I played with RANGER44 he played forward observer this time in Vietnam with me as CAS. A very large offensive was underway and about 120 VC soldiers were trying to cross the river. On the other side three squads of US soldiers were defending. So I had to come in and kick some arse. After two high speed passes I found the right area, and started bombing run. Reports from the ground were that like 20 VC were lauched into outer space. I also strafed allot after the napalm run. That was really fun, about 10 soldiers made it to the other side of the river crossing and those were shot to hell by the us soldiers. Not 1 US soldier died, but about 130 VC got pwned.

Waiting

Waiting for coordinates for attack...

Checking tgt area

High speed pass over tgt area...

HNWY

Happy Newyear Mf's...

-121 VC thumbs-up.gif

My favorite OFP moment (in recent memory) involves a short mission I created on Sumpf (a giant, swampy mudhole).

I created a small understrength truck-motorized rifle battalion camp, and had a few squads set out to an ORP via Ural and UAZ. At the ORP a security element and the HQ elements set up, and the two assault elements went off to their induvidual attack points. Upon reaching the attack points, a nervous AI soldier let off a couple of shots, completely blowing the element of surprise. Since the mission is set about oh-dark-thirty, the enemy had a few lights on in his patrol base, and quickly doused them as our assault elements dug in for the firefight. Our machine gunners (with the help of the FFUR tracers) began hosing down the camp, killing the pack mules and a few rebels, while our riflement ook more careful shots at the camp. Our RPG gunners fired a couple of shots at the SU-122's in the campsite, one detonating in the mud well short of the target, and the other hitting the SU between the front glacis plate and the side armor, resulting in a myriad of primary and secondary explosions.

After cutting down the rest of the rebels, we moved onto the campsite and the mission was over.

-Breaker Out

The first time I played a deathmatch was with one of my cousins over LAN. We didnt know that it was a free for all, and that we werent on the same team. So anyway, Im in a tractor and my cousin grabs the flag. I drive over to him and tell him "Take this is and find some cover" and got out of the tractor. He got in, and as he was driving away I looked at the map and realize that hes in fact my enemy, so I call over to my cousin; "Hey Mark, turns out youre my enemy" and promptly fired my M60 through the back of the tractor....So bastardly but we were in stiches over it.... rofl.gif