Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

Does anyone know any mirror site to download it? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]after about 150 meters, the BMD3m goes white  

edit: goeth, after just checking its the BMD3 but not the BMD3M

can someone confirm it ? I just check all lods in Q2 and they all looks fine. Can it be texture quality setting ?

about dimensions...

this is the blueprint i'm use

]BMP3  BluePrint

bmp3_1.jpg

I get the same white texture issue with the BMD3. Running at 256k textures, anything other than up close and it goes white.

They all are superb though.

Yep, just tried it and bmd3m turns white from certain distance.

about dimensions...

this is the blueprint i'm use

]BMP3  BluePrint

bmp3_1.jpg

Hmm. Strange. Obviously FAS isn't the most reliable source of information but I've seen that schematic in other versions but with same dimensions. Like this one:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/bmp-3/bmp-39.html

To make it even stranger, check out this

Russian military export site (choose Army->BMP-3)

The dimensions are accordint to them these:

Quote[/b] ]Dimensions, m:

length, hull 6.715

width, over tracks 3.15

height, turret roof 3.57

Which is even higer than the FAS one. rock.gif

Could there be several different versions? rock.gif

I don´t know this is important or not but somehow it looks like the textures missing thingie happens to me when i watch those tanks from bird perspective.

bmdbug.jpg

Somebody hates me. All links are broken or forbidden. mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

and also a custom directory ie

East>Akm74Addons>bmd3, btr80, bmp3

I don't think a custom directory is necessery, but if there will be more different version coming (e.g. 2x the amount now) then a custom dir would be nice.

And btw, shouldn't the 30mm gun shoot much faster rock.gif?.

thats what i have,... sorry guys. I need some more info. I can't track this bug, becouse i seem did't have it.

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

Did you pack up the file missing an LOD texture?

It only happens at distance, and when the mission starts up.

What texture resolution are you running your game in? Did you test them all?

Quote[/b] ]Which is even higer than the FAS one.  

Could there be several different versions?

looks like they all not the same :-) check this link. from online catalog of "Russian arms 2001"

http://www.milparade.com/catalog2001/pdf/204-214.pdf

Quote[/b] ]Did you pack up the file missing an LOD texture?

It only happens at distance, and when the mission starts up.

What texture resolution are you running your game in? Did you test them all?

i'm running 1024x768 32Bit. What you mean by "pack up the file missing an LOD texture" ?

i use 1024X1024 single file for texture. If i miss this file, you will not be able to see texture on any lod, not only one from distance.

Well I got it downloaded. I noticed two bugs:

1.The BMD 3M's texture became white at about 200m on desert island. Farther away it seemed fine and closer up it was fine. I am running at 1024 X 768 x 16 (or 32, not sure)with a Geforce4 Mx 420 video card. W buffer is off, textures are running at 256, and ground quality is at normal (Not sure if that means anything though)

2. The BMD 3's AT launcher, while being only one tube, fires all four rockets in about 15 seconds. The reload time needs to be greatly increased.

I know it is still beta, so these bugs will be fixed out.

Kudos to you AKM74 on the amazing addons!!!  smile_o.gif

Hmmm.. in these export catalogs, I didn't seem to catch a price anywhere... I am thinking this is an excellent system to beat rush hour traffic in.

I'm not sure whose BMP/BMD had the "entertainment" in the rear...would be nice if you could include that biggrin_o.gif

Really, I am blown away. This is the best beta ever. The only suggestion I have is to use the INQ weapon pack, or maybe give a Kegetys PM to a crew member. Oh well.

Like I sad before. If we can develop some template/chart for East and West weapons system.

for example

East

100mm = damagex, SpeedX, rate of fireX on so on.

105mm=

23mm=

30mm=

and same for West, resistance. And if all/most mod makers will use these values in their config….

We don’t have to worry about balance anymore.

Like I sad before. If we can develop some template/chart for East and West weapons system.

for example

East

105mm=

23mm=

30mm=

and same for West, resistance. And if all/most mod makers will use these values in their config….

Ack!  Please nooooooo!  Don't use other addons in your beautiful BMP and BMD's.  I hate downloading addons that force me to use HUGE weapons packs.  Inquisitor's weapons pack for example lags horribly if you have a lot of those weapons in a mission and your computer is not very powerful.

I hope that you will concentrate on just these vehicles and not on the crew.  The BIS made soldiers and weapons are fine as crew.    I'd rather just see all the bugs worked out of the vehicles.  Then if people want new crew, they can just create an empty BMD-3 or BMP-3 in the map editor and put their own crew with whatever rifles and pistols that they want on the crew.  

smile_o.gif  

Oh... and about the LOD textures...   I don't know if you are already doing this AKM74, but do you use seperate MOD folders for different addons or do you stick them all under the OFP->Res->addons folder?  If so, you might have the missing textures on an earlier version of the BMP's or on some other vehicle or file that didn't get included in the final .pbo.  

To test addons out, it's best to have nothing but original BIS addons in the OFP-addons and the OFP-Res-Addons folders.

Then have all your addons in seperate MOD folders.  An example is having one MOD folder for Vietnam addons, another for WWII addons, another for Desert Warfare addons, ect...  and then you just stick shortcut icons to those mods.  Avon Lady has info on how to do that at her FAQ site.  

At any rate, if you do this and ONLY have the final .pbo files of these addons in their own addons folder (seperate from all other addons), then you may be able to track down whether the missing textures are video card/resolution related or whether it is just a texture that got misplaced.  

At any rate, I'm sure it's just something small but that will just take some patience to hunt down.  

Oh and I hope you will consider allowing soldiers to sit on the roof of the BTR-80.  I loved riding on the roof...it made me feel like I was in Chechnya.    smile_o.gif  

Keep up the excellent work!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

for example

East

105mm=

23mm=

30mm=

Ack!  Please nooooooo!  Don't use other addons in your beautiful BMP and BMD's.  I hate downloading addons that force me to use HUGE weapons packs.  Inquisitor's weapons pack for example lags horribly if you have a lot of those weapons in a mission and your computer is not very powerful.

I hope that you will concentrate on just these vehicles and not on the crew.  The BIS made soldiers and weapons are fine as crew.    I'd rather just see all the bugs worked out of the vehicles.  Then if people want new crew, they can just create an empty BMD-3 or BMP-3 in the map editor and put their own crew with whatever rifles and pistols that they want on the crew.  

smile_o.gif  

Oh... and about the LOD textures...   I don't know if you are already doing this AKM74, but do you use seperate MOD folders for different addons or do you stick them all under the OFP->Res->addons folder?  If so, you might have the missing textures on an earlier version of the BMP's or on some other vehicle or file that didn't get included in the final .pbo.  

To test addons out, it's best to have nothing but original BIS addons in the OFP-addons and the OFP-Res-Addons folders.

Then have all your addons in seperate MOD folders.  An example is having one MOD folder for Vietnam addons, another for WWII addons, another for Desert Warfare addons, ect...  and then you just stick shortcut icons to those mods.  Avon Lady has info on how to do that at her FAQ site.  

At any rate, if you do this and ONLY have the final .pbo files of these addons in their own addons folder (seperate from all other addons), then you may be able to track down whether the missing textures are video card/resolution related or whether it is just a texture that got misplaced.  

At any rate, I'm sure it's just something small but that will just take some patience to hunt down.  

Oh and I hope you will consider allowing soldiers to sit on the roof of the BTR-80.  I loved riding on the roof...it made me feel like I was in Chechnya.    smile_o.gif  

Keep up the excellent work!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Roof-sitting soldiers is planned if a russian guy comes through with new animations for it.

Quote[/b] ]Ack! Please nooooooo! Don't use other addons in your beautiful BMP and BMD's. I hate downloading addons that force me to use HUGE weapons packs.

That’s was not my point. I don't want to use any other add-ons in my pack. All I’m asking for is the reference number. If we can create some type of template for future add-ons.

It can be simple *.txt file. With all information on most known weapons and vehicle for west and east. Not real life information, but information converted to use in config.cpp file.

Fantastic addon and a welcome addition to the littony of american addons. It's great to see things evening out a bit for the ruskies. A few notes...

I would really love to include some or all of these vehicles in the WarGames CTI League edition of CTI (aka RRCTI) but see a few balance issues with the vehicle weapons.

The BMD3's missile reload time does seem a bit short. Intensional?

The russian missiles in both the BMP3 and BMD3 seem quite strong against the Bradleys. Against the M1 they are fine and it seems to take about 3-4 missiles to dispatch an Abrams (from the front). Maybe just the Bradley is weak? Either way I think that it would be a good idea to tweak the BMD3 and BMP3 down a bit in missile strength to better match the M2A2 for game balance.

AI in the BMD3 and BMP3 definitely have a longer engage range than the M2 which, if you ask me, is more of an unbalancing thing than even the missile strength because they will both fire far sooner than AI driven M2s. They should be equal view and engage range I think. And we can't tweak the M2 so it's best to tweak the new russian armor (i.e. make it shorter).

Sounds are definitely a bit low for the engine and tracks during movement. Can't hear them very well at all (though they are good sounds).

Keep up the great work!! I look forward to the final because I'm now planning on replacing the wimpy-ass BMP2 with the BMD3 (or BMP3 or both, heh).

EDIT: Some statistics for reference....

BMD3....

4 rockets = frontal attack on abrams = death

150 AP rnds = frontal attack on abrams = death

80 HE rnds = frontal attack on abrams = death

BMP3...

4 rockets = frontal attack on abrams = death

4 100mm shots = frontal attack on abrams = death

I haven't done formal BMP3 and BMD3 tests against the M2A2 yet but I know that both missiles from the BMP3 and BMD3 will kill the Bradley (and send it flying through the air). I don't mind this but I think that the Konkurs should be roughly the same power as the TOW since in real life they're very equally matched missiles.

For weapon config values, what happened to DragoFire? (I think that was his forum name). He was putting together a full set of values for all vehicle weapons so that any new vehicle could be made based on those config values and automatically be in balance with other addons. There should be a thread somewhere in the discussion forum, and I'd like to see addonmakers step behind that initiative to keep it alive, and also work in small arms.

Any chance of your BTR-70 making it into a future release of the pack?

EDIT - Err, or was that Sea Demon's BTR-70 that I'm thinking of...

I'm not sure whose BMP/BMD had the "entertainment" in the rear...would be nice if you could include that biggrin_o.gif

Really, I am blown away. This is the best beta ever. The only suggestion I have is to use the INQ weapon pack, or maybe give a Kegetys PM to a crew member. Oh well.

I think that was Mailman's BMP3 Beta. But I must say again, The BMD3's AT rockets reload INCREADIBLY fast. I can kill and abrams in about 15 seconds with them.