Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

I'm not sure whose BMP/BMD had the "entertainment" in the rear...would be nice if you could include that biggrin_o.gif

Really, I am blown away. This is the best beta ever. The only suggestion I have is to use the INQ weapon pack, or maybe give a Kegetys PM to a crew member. Oh well.

I think that was Mailman's BMP3 Beta. But I must say again, The BMD3's AT rockets reload INCREADIBLY fast. I can kill and abrams in about 15 seconds with them.

Well good biggrin_o.gif

Very nice addon. but i have one question: when does the ai use the grenade launcher of the bmd3? i didnt see, that it uses it at all.

If the new addon standard is to kill Abrams with four rockets, will the next Operation Frenchpoint soldiers die if you look at them funny? biggrin_o.gif

A BTR-70 would be cool, but how about giving BTR-80 crew AKSU74's? Also, what about the smoking-wreck script and destroyed vehicle under Empty/Objects?

how about giving BTR-80 crew AKSU74's?

I think the crew are regular grunts because the BTR-80 is organic to an infantry squad, eg. the APC doesn´t "belong" to any armored unit or crewed by a tank crew, the APC is a natural part of the squad.

Anyway, superb textures and models AKM74! My only complaint is that the 100mm cannon´s sound is very silent and muffled, like a "pop" and the sound of the turrets turning is also pretty quiet. And I suppose those BTR-80 gunner optics are only placeholders until you get the real ones?

Quality addons!

BMD-3 Test(s)

Tested top speed is over the specified 71Km/h. At least 11Km/h too high. On anything but roads the speed should be ~45Km/h so you should look into a top speed for OFP of 55Km/h or so.

400m time is 24.8s, a little too fast but will come down when you drop the top speed. smile_o.gif

The sound of the engine of the BMD-3 is not making a good loop.

On to the BMP.

BMP-3 has the exact same problem with top speed. And sound.

Jesus bloody f***ing christ this is BRILLIANT!

you dont get out much do you!

the fileplanet mirror is very grumpy sad_o.gif

Hi, superb addon.

I think as you would like to have your addons be compatible with the current stuff already in OFP, you should consider some changes.

First the sounds: Even though I really like the firing sounds, I would suggest to at least change the sound of the PK to the sample used in OFP. This would be more consistent. The Autocannon should have the same sample as the BMP2 has, again for the reason of consitancy. Some increase in volume for several sounds would also be a nice thing. Engine sounds etc. are in no need of changing and fit perfectly apart from some being a tad too low.

Let Mission-makers decide if they want to put AA-launchers etc. in the IFVs, but don't load them up with those from the start on. Provide the space to load stuff but don't fill it. This would also make things a little easier when using the addons with other mods. What you could include are things like handgrenades and/or smoke, but please no launchers or launcher ammo. Let them be put there by the mappers.

Is there any chance that you could allow the driver of the BTR80 to switch over to the gunner position and vice versa? Would make things a little more easy. Additionally, if possible, give the BTR80 driver radar as well, or remove it for both. As the driver is the vehicle chief by default, it makes controlling a little difficult.

Still, this is one of the best addons for OFP I've ever seen. Great work!

smile_o.gif

BTR-80

Good sound loop but major performance problems, test results:

0-100Km/h 6.6s (ehhem)

400m time 16.1s should be ~29s

Top speed 105.4Km/h should be 85Km/h (~60 for OFP)

sad_o.gif

Though I'm not complaining, I'm a firm believer that the more realistic the better as far as OFP is concerned...

Its a shame that the BTR-80 is ATM faster than its real life counterpart.

I had naturally assumed it was that fast, with all those wheels it certainly looks the part.

I had envisioned some cool missions with several of those awesome looking machines charging into the fray at top speed ... ah well...

Question though?

Whats the closed UN/US counterpart to the BTR-80? And has one been made for OFP?

Question though?

Whats the closed UN/US counterpart to the BTR-80?  And has one been made for OFP?

hmmm i´d say this thing:

patria.jpg

dkm mod´s xa188 patria

smile_o.gif Mmmm Sweet .... needs more wheels though. wink_o.gif

I'd suggest cargo spaces on the back of the BMD3M (on top of it) There are two things going up that look ideal for cargo spots, they look kinda like benches. Great work man!

still no report from me rock.gif I move to a new computer and I'm still without video card for play OF so... can't check the BTR80 and other units, damn!  crazy_o.gif The big irony: long time waiting for the release of a nice BTR80 and now that the day arrive I decide to change computer after years LOL! Oh well... But I saw the first beta of it and was so nice so I can take it some more days tounge_o.gif Enjoy the ones that have all the computer parts together and can play with it! biggrin_o.gif

Vik out (I can't play Operation Flashpoint at the moment bbbuuuaa!!)

I don't think that NATO has any direct counterparts to the BTR series. NATO expected to fight a defensive war, and mechanized advance was not as important. The Stryker 8x8 might be what you're looking for, but as far as I know, there is no OFP addon of it, and it's not even in service with the US Army yet.

BTW, the BTR series is incredibly flammable.

Great addons, guys, really nice work.

Havent found any major bugs, so its all good! biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work lads.

I don't think that NATO has any direct counterparts to the BTR series. NATO expected to fight a defensive war, and mechanized advance was not as important. The Stryker 8x8 might be what you're looking for, but as far as I know, there is no OFP addon of it, and it's not even in service with the US Army yet.

BTW, the BTR series is incredibly flammable.

Well the Marines have had the LAV-25 for quite a while.  Interestingly enough however, while I've seen pics of these used in Afghanistan, I haven't seen them being used by the Marines in Iraq.  I've only seen them using AAV-7's and some wierd looking trucks for troop transport duties.

id_lav25_full.gif

Personally I'd rather be in a Bradley... at least the Bradley has some protection against RPG's.  I saw some video of a AAV-7 that had gotten hit by RPG's... that thing was peeled open like a sardine can... bits of human bodies everywhere....really nasty.   sad_o.gif

Light wheeled armored vehicles are best left for recon work and not for assaults or patrols in high-threat urban areas unless they are designed to offer significant protection against land mines. But where RPG's are the primary threat, light wheeled armored vehicles are easy pickings in hit & run ambushes in urban areas where they can easily be ambushed.

Hence the reason the Israelies use primarily the Merkava tanks and uparmored Zelda M113 APC's.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ok, i found a minor bug that hasnt been mentioned yet, on the btr80 it only leaves one track behind, forgot if its on the left or right, but it only leaves one

and i have the missing textures on the bmd3m at a distance to

also, are the BMD's just newer version of the ones that were released a while back, because they use the same names in the editor and you cant use the old ones

now would just love to see a good BMP and BMP2 and some Lavs, and a AAV7 biggrin_o.gif

and i have the missing textures on the bmd3m at a distance to

Yep was just going to say.

Also, when you command a BMD the gunner seems to have trouble aiming and firing the grenades at troops, just aims straight up and won't fire.

oh, yeah, the gunners tend to shoot over the tops of the targets for me to, specially with the 30mm or whatever it is

Quote[/b] ]ok, i found a minor bug that hasnt been mentioned yet, on the btr80 it only leaves one track behind, forgot if its on the left or right, but it only leaves one

thanx a lot for repotrting this bug :-) It actually did help me track and fix 1 more bug related to heavy white dust from front of the BTR. Fixed now.

BTW guys, i have some report from russian OFP forum about missing texture in BMD3M. It look like some peoples still have my old BMD3/BMD3M addons in addon folder.

After they remove it, everythink work fine then. I'm not sure it will work for everyone. Just let you know. I did check all lods in BMD3M, and they all have a texture. I'm can't reproduce this bugon my PC also. But i will try to find solution.

Yes - I would like to add that if you DO have his old BMD3's installed, uninstall em' because this one installs BRAND SPANKING NEW ones!

I was wondering why there were 3 BMD-3's. biggrin_o.gif Just by chance it was in the same mod folder, doh.

im just glad to help

i did remove the old BMD's but i still have the LOD problem

but i also have the LOD problem on the MI-2 when hardly anyone else does to