Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

Quote[/b] ]There are so many fantastic russian addons out there, but they don't fit to each other because of the different camo... that's really a pitty...

dont the russians use all different kinds of camo?

so it would still be ok to use the different kinds on the differnt tanks, right?

No matter what they will be good.

just as a suggestion, I think that it would be better to finish and release the BTR/BMD/BMP series vehicles first.

As a special bonues perhaps you will include a rescaled BMP-1? I know about the FDF ones but they are Finnish camo.

Quote[/b] ]BTR-80 hull with the MG turret removed and a small 30mm cannon turret put in it's place, so I doubt it would be too much work for you and it would introduce the most modern version of the BTR series to the game.

It not BTR90, it BTR80A. I was planning to do these units for beta08. But unfortunately it not passable with OFP car/class/turret engine restrictions.

As a special bonues perhaps you will include a rescaled BMP-1? I know about the FDF ones but they are Finnish camo.

There's rescaled Russian BMP's in that pack too. smile_o.gif

However, the textures on the BIS BMP's are, shall we say, 'behind the times', and I can't think of anyone better to make a new BMP 1 and 2 than AKM74. The BIS ones just don't fit in with the high-res, super detailed APC's trundling around the OFP battlefield these days. sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

It not BTR90, it BTR80A. I was planning to do these units for beta08. But unfortunately it not passable with OFP car/class/turret engine restrictions.

I don't understand why this can't be done. Operation Northstar have not released their great looking LAV for the same reason. Wheeled vehicles in OFP can have turrets and fire high powered, explosive bullets so what's the problem preventing a 25/30mm cannon from working on such a vehicle? rock.gif

Sorry if I'm being dumb - I just can't figure this one out. crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Well I guess AKM and the FDF mod team has figured a way to fix that, since both AKM's BTR:s and FDF's Pasi XA-185 HAVE optics. It doesnt zoom, but I don't see that as a problem

Quote[/b] ]Well I guess AKM and the FDF mod team has figured a way to fix that, since both AKM's BTR:s and FDF's Pasi XA-185 HAVE optics. It doesnt zoom, but I don't see that as a problem

I didn’t manage to fix it, I just trick player to think it use optics. That’s the only way on car/class vehicle. In reality, for example on my BTR, it not real zoom/optics. It just magnifier, initFov=0.11

In plain English when you use your optics, it just zoom your view thru periscopes ahead of you. I just made glass textures on periscope 100% transparent….

And there some more restrictions… I will not go in detail.

Quote[/b] ]There are so many fantastic russian addons out there, but they don't fit to each other because of the different camo... that's really a pitty...

dont the russians use all different kinds of camo?

so it would still be ok to use the different kinds on the differnt tanks, right?

Yes, they use many differnet kinds of camo, but all units in one battalion or at least one company will use the same camo. So it isn't realistic to have a platoon of ifvs in one camo an a platoon of mbts in a different one.

BTW: The model of the tank looks really nice! Can wait to see it in action with your apcs! smile_o.gif

As a small request, could we possibly see a BMP-3F? The Naval infantry version? From what I've seen, it looks just like a regular BMP-3, but with a Naval ensign on the side.

That way we can have a nice little assault vehicle for Suchey's Russian Marines when he releases them. smile_o.gif

I know... a BMP-3F would be a lot of fun to use when the Russian marines are released.

does your arena system works against AT like Gustav Launcher or missles like Maverick or Hellfire or TOW or whatever.....

does your arena system works against AT like Gustav Launcher or missles like Maverick or Hellfire or TOW or whatever.....

I think thats the only types of missile it will work against, as i think i remember seeing someone mention the 'incomingmissile' event handler, i think that only applies to missiles that are locked on, so it probably wont work against rpg's.

Quote[/b] ]I think thats the only types of missile it will work against, as i think i remember seeing someone mention the 'incomingmissile' event handler, i think that only applies to missiles that are locked on, so it probably wont work against rpg's.

correct

I also like that camo on the picture of hellfish.

I hope you will consider doing this one akm74!

The camo-pattern matches the camo-pattern suchey uses for his russians.

Note; he's making russian MARINES. So the naval version would be great.

Nice to see a moderator is posting like a normal member biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Note; he's making russian MARINES. So the naval version would be great.

i'm in contact with Suchey. I'm consider his solders as best to date available for OFP.

Now that we have all agreed that the Arena system is somewhat effective against RPG's (see RHS thread) and other non-locking short range AT weapons, are you going to try to reconfigure it so that it can destroy those unlocked weapons?

I know that the 'incomingmissile' event handler does not work on unlocked RPGs, but I think that RHS has a way to do it, so you could ask them...

Don't want to force the subject, as this is like my fourth post about this (sorry, I just have been a huge fan of the Arena system for more that a year, and really want to see it as realistic as possible  smile_o.gif )

Sorry to dwell - just an over-enthusiastic fan,

-PAZ-

bmp-3_8.jpg

arena_operation.gif

Just some nice shots of the system that has the US and European militaries jealous. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now that we have all agreed that the Arena system is somewhat effective against RPG's (see RHS thread) and other non-locking short range AT weapons, are you going to try to reconfigure it so that it can destroy those unlocked weapons?

sorry Paz, but no, i will not change it. The main goal for this system is intercept  antitank guided missiles lauched from ground-based and heliborn launchers. And it exactly what it do now. I'm happy with the way it work.

There some more exacting project ahead. We will not concentrate on arena anymore.

first beta screen. riding on top of BTR. All animations was made by SniPro

btr_top.jpg

fooking fabulous, i must say i cant see why you aint employed by a company to do this, its truly amazing work.