Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

wow biggrin_o.gif I would go with that bmpt. And just make it so that one missile would only stop a tank and not blow it up. Give the tank crew time to jump out crazy_o.gif

That is a very interesting toy, but I see no purpose in making it. It reminds me of the Slovakian T-72m w/ is twin 20mm cannon. Its a "wierd but wonderful" conversion of the T-72, but it serves no real purpose, such as this BMP-T would not fit in. Although it could make an interesting counterpart to the ADATS system.

May I ask what you plan on putting in the final pack? I would not waste time on either a T-80UD or a BMP-T unless you want to compete with RHS for the T-80UD. I think both addons would take too much time to create and would just end up being a waste of time.

That is a very interesting toy, but I see no purpose in making it. It reminds me of the Slovakian T-72m w/ is twin 20mm cannon. Its a "wierd but wonderful" conversion of the T-72, but it serves no real purpose, such as this BMP-T would not fit in. Although it could make an interesting counterpart to the ADATS system.

May I ask what you plan on putting in the final pack? I would not waste time on either a T-80UD or a BMP-T unless you want to compete with RHS for the T-80UD. I think both addons would take too much time to create and would just end up being a waste of time.

The BMP-T serves no purpose? It was designed because the BMP's were too easily disabled in Chechnya if i remember correctly, this certainly serves a purpose in OFP where the BMP's are very easy to destroy, and with its mutliple anti tank rockets it would be very formidable. And, as RHS are very likely making a T-80U, I'd say go for it, would be a great addition to the game.

I vote for the scary toy. The russian side deserves some ass kicking stuff too. I'm looking forward to see some m1a1's fleeing the battlefield ;)

If you really want to make something then do the scary toy since RHS is going to do a probably great T-80UD, but I would like you to make the original pack bug-free and perfect instead of any extra, unnecessary addons. smile_o.gif

Scary Toy smile_o.gif

And if you're going to make it, Col. Klink's proxy tutorial will be handy when making those Kornet launchers ;).

I vote for this

Tl2_.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Na scary Toy!

Scarey Toy...my only concern would be the possibility of frame stutter which sometimes occurs (much like when the vulcan, or Shilka fire for prolonged periods)...I wouldnt concern yourself with balance too much AKM...balance is in the hands of the mission designer and any unit can be balanced under the right circumstances.

is that a BMP-4/BTR-T? I thought those only had a small turret with a single 30mm gun (like on the BRT90 I think).

If I have to vote I vote for both (is that possible?).

I can't really make a choise. If you're concerned about balance, than you simply make the BMP-T with the turret that has only a single 30mm cannon. That way it would just be a heavy APC (instead of an APC/Tankbuster)

BTR-T/BMP-4

Not only does this one look great, but it will also be very nice addon in OPF (like said above; finally a BMP which can go head to head with heavy infantry without facing certain death)

to sxep;

it's a T-80UM2 "Black Eagle" modification. A modification that is planned for the T-80.

to sxep;

it's a T-80UM2 "Black Eagle" modification. A modification that is planned for the T-80.

Really? oh thx.

Hmmmm that would fit nicely in your pack biggrin_o.gif

I'll choose for the BMP-T.

First : SIGMA and Red Hamer Studios are already working on T-72/80/90... and some are playable (T72M1, T72B w/ ERA, T-80B, T-80BV, T-80U, M84,...).

Second : the BMP-T is neither a tank, nor a pure tank destroyer, nor an Infantry Fighting Vehicle (like the BMP 1/2/3-Bronevaya Maschina Piekota family). It's a Tank support combat vehicle :

Quote[/b] ]The task of BMPT (in the constructors’ assumption) is not safe transport of infantries in the terrain threatened by direct enemy anti-tank fire or in areas where operations of typical infantry transport mediums are impeded (urban area, mountains). It is meant to provide fire support to the tanks. The experience gained from post War II conflicts showed, that the tank crews are forced to locate and engage too many types of targets – not only other tanks and armored vehicles, but also light field fortification, fire position, even single soldiers armed with light anti-tank weapons. All these have a negative influence to the accomplishment of the major task – engage enemy tanks and fortification. BMPT vehicles, moving along with the tanks, are to combat secondary targets like IFVs, armored transporters, infantries and other weapons that could post threats to the tanks – and therefore it is named: Tank assistance combat vehicle. The common position in combat grouping with tanks forces the BMPT to be protected by equivalent armor. Its front and side armors are comparable with T-90’s, but the most exposed parts – the front of the chassis and the turret is additionally protected by integral ERA panels. The wheels and sides of the chassis are covered by screens with ERA and the rear with grids which causes cumulative warheads to explode. The armor of BMPT is probably heavier that the base tank, as it weight 47 tons (T-90S – 46.5t). The vehicle is as mobile as T-90S, similar to the newest series of tanks it is powered by W-92S2 diesel engine developing 736kW/1000hp. This is an engine from the W-46 family, in which air intake system, fuel installation, pistons are modified and turbo-charge is installed.

The crew is 5 people. In the Turret sits the commander and gunner, in the chassis – the driver and 2 shooters, the last are sited on both sides of the driver. All crew members have their individual hatches.

Instead of standard turret, BMPT obtained a low profiled, welded turret with externally installed weapons which include: stabilized in 2 planes 2A42 30mm automatic cannon with large lifting angle, AGS-30 automatic 30mm grenade launcher. Additionally, on the turret a remotely controlled PKTM 7.62mm automatic machine gun is mounted. The turret is also equipped with 4 9M133 Kornet laser guided anti-tank missiles, which are located in a armored container on the left side of the turret. The commander and gunner (whose duties are fully exchangeable) have the same PNK day-night gunsight integrated in the digital fire control system aided by the DWE-BS meteorological sensor. Laser warners which co-operates with 12 smoke grades are also installed on the turret . On the track covers of the Object 199 prototype, AGS-30 automatic grenade launchers controlled by the shooters are installed in armor containers (they can be replaced by PKTM automatic machineguns). The shooters are equipped with rotatable observation turrets with Agat-MR aiming equipments and periscopes.

Source

It'll be great for urban warfare. Law and RPG soldiers, BEWARE biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I just read today in Jane's Defence Weekly that the Russians have completed testing on the BMMP (yes, BMMP). It's another marine variant of the BMP-3, but has a BMP-2 turret (and no missile launcher apparently). It's supposed to work alongside the BMP-3F, the new 'navalized' BMP-3.

I just read today in Jane's Defence Weekly that the Russians have completed testing on the BMMP (yes, BMMP). It's another marine variant of the BMP-3, but has a BMP-2 turret (and no missile launcher apparently). It's supposed to work alongside the BMP-3F, the new 'navalized' BMP-3.

What would be the advantages of putting a BMP-2 turret on a BMP-3? Maybe cost? Does anyone know anything about the BMMP?

Now that AKM74 has joined DKM I started wondering will all DKM's apcs come in one big PBO? I hope all AKM74's apcs will stay in their original PBO (VITAPC.pbo) as I read that there will be apc pack by DKM.

Any progress btw. wink_o.gif?