Sign in to follow this  
InQUisiToR

High detail weapon pack released!

Negative gripes:

1. This weapon pack really needs to be made seperate from the soldier units.

1. Why?

Why not make it modular? Two PBOs. One with soldiers, the other weapons.

If you need to fix one and not the other, it's easier to download.

If someone or an MP server wants to make use of one and not the other, less addons are processed by OFP.

Following the Avon's explanation, probably everybody has BAS Rangers, so it'd be no problem to make it an required addon for this pack. Simply 2 identical models are taking twice as much of your memory. They WASTE your memory, that you could save for other cool addons.  mad_o.gif

Look, what SJB did with theirs SRT Pack.

These weapons look damn good, but what I've written above is the reason why I won't be using them until version with 2 separate PBOs will be relased.

Here's a simple question:

Can you create a new addon file that simply defines new soldier names for soldier units in a 2nd addon file and

assign them default weapons from a 3rd addon file?

Is that what SJB did?

a couple things:

I'd like the M60 in black.

I'd like an M16 with a bayonet on it..

It's a very good pack, well done. I wish the strike did more damage though sad_o.gif

And what is going on with this board, every time i log on something is different crazy_o.gif

Again, great pack, great sounds, couple of bugs ive seen:

1. ACOG scope doesnt seem to have much zoom, it should be a 4x scope, doesnt seem to magnify that much (when compared to the BAS ACOG).

2. M4 seems to have amazingly little recoil, was this on purpose?

3. Aimpoint has a crosshair textured onto the rear eyepiece and "8.5x" on it, being a red dot sight with no zoom, it shouldnt really have this.

4. Some of the guns dont fit into the players hands, could use some shuffling around to better fit them.

5. M16A2 is using an M4 barrel, not sure why, you can tell its an M4 barrel by the indentations in it for mounting the M203, the M16A2 barrel doesnt have this.

6. G36C has an Aimpoint sight modelled onto it and yet doesnt have the same optic view as the other Aimpoint equipped weapons.

7. On the XM1014 you can fire before the guy has even loaded the next round (by pumping it).

8. The AK Grenade Launcher has the really annoying 'whooshing' sound from Americas Army, making it sound like a rocket, the M203 sound is much better...

9. AKS-74U sight view doesnt seem to match up with the model.

10. RPK magazines, i think it would be good if the RPK had 45 round magazines too, i remember reading somewhere that the RPK gunner would take one drum mag and use it at the start of the mission then the rest of his mags would be the more common 45 round magazines. (I'm not exactly sure on the code to use different models for magazines, but the HK pack did it on some of their weapons)

11. Not really a bug at all, but i wouldn't mind seeing some pre-made groups using the weapons, so its easier to use them in the editor.

Tried and Complaints:

The M24 and M14 are both underpowered.

The M14 either shouldn't have a full auto mode(Not a whole lot did) or increase the recoil/dispersion.

That heavy recoil on the M24 should be toned down a little.

*Ahem*

This really needs adressing.

Quote[/b] ]2. M4 seems to have amazingly little recoil, was this on purpose?

The M16/M4 weapons aren't known for having much recoil.

maddest weapons pacK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beats the crap of all weapons pack ive seen so far

only bas and lost brothers hk pack are on the same level

dont ever change

they can kill enemies so easy

now another addon to kill hk pack enemies

lovem

just lovem

good work on choosing bas soldiers as the carriers no other units are worthy of these weapons

just cant get over it

cool

absolutely cool

mk3 is awesome

how bout adding silenced versions of the acog and reflex m4s??

if there is a version 1.1??

Iron sights on the shotgun would be very nice. I have no textures on thoes rocket type things in the ammo box (the box in the back that only has two things in it). The sniper really needs a dot in 3rd person view. In real life you can tell where you have the gun pointed at. As you bring the gun up you can keep an eye on the target, and get the gun pointed in the general direction before you switch over to the scope. Thats the only reason I think the crosshair should be used.

**Main thing I think should be changed on your guns and BAS weapons, is the Aimpoint iron sight view. I think that dark shadow with no textuers is so plain. sad_o.gif You did a good job on the Reflex view, try and do it like that. (bwt the dot on the Reflex is a tad off to the right). Your aimpoint on the m14 has crosshairs textures when you dont have your iron sight up, but when you go to use it all you see is a dot.

It would be nice to have a M14 that had some scope with zoom, or a fixed zoom. I hope you plan to bring out a few more gun for east. (in major need of a SVD for east sniper).

bwt, great job on the guns.

Don't you guys remember that the pack is imports from CS? You can't request something no one obviously would have done, like the 45 round mag for the RPK.

Iron sights on the shotgun would be very nice. I have no textures on thoes rocket type things in the ammo box (the box in the back that only has two things in it). The sniper really needs a dot in 3rd person view. In real life you can tell where you have the gun pointed at. As you bring the gun up you can keep an eye on the target, and get the gun pointed in the general direction before you switch over to the scope. Thats the only reason I think the crosshair should be used.

**Main thing I think should be changed on your guns and BAS weapons, is the Aimpoint iron sight view. I think that dark shadow with no textuers is so plain. sad_o.gif You did a good job on the Reflex view, try and do it like that. (bwt the dot on the Reflex is a tad off to the right). Your aimpoint on the m14 has crosshairs textures when you dont have your iron sight up, but when you go to use it all you see is a dot.

It would be nice to have a M14 that had some scope with zoom, or a fixed zoom. I hope you plan to bring out a few more gun for east. (in major need of a SVD for east sniper).

Umm.... the M24 is basically a scoped M14. Also there already is a realistic SVD rifle in OFP... it's the one that came with the game made by BIS.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Negative gripes:

1. This weapon pack really needs to be made seperate from the soldier units.

2.  The shotgun is maybe a tad bit overpowered (it blows opponents back like 30 feet).

3.  The stroke command could be a little more powerful.

4.  We need a custom bayonet animation that uses a modified "stroke" attack that simulates a bayonet stab.

5. M16 or M4 with a bayonet would be nice.

6. I've never seen a green M60. (I used to be a M60 gunner).  Please make it black like the rest of the weapons.

7. The sniper with the M-24 needs to have a pistol on him for close quarters defense.

8.  When you put or takeoff the cammo on the M24, it switches to grenades.  sad_o.gif  

1. Why?

2. The Shotgun is cool

3. It´s enough power

4. If anyone can help me with animation editing

5. No

6. I thinks, it´s ok

7. and 8. Thats a problem with the script. there are two different m24 models, one without camo and one with camo. the script works with removeweapon and addweapon. if the sniper have a pistol, he will switch to handgun if you will camo the m24. So i won´t give him a pistol.

@Eviscerator: I made 4 different resolution lods for these weapons!

@PFC_Mike: I try to make a edited config for all who want to replace the standart ofp weapons.

1.  The soldier addon needs to be seperate from the weapons because these soldiers are the same ones from the BAS Delta/Ranger pack which almost EVERYONE has already.  Like someone else said it just takes up needless space.  Not all of us can afford to stick 2gigs of RAM in our computers to fit every OFP addon into memory.  I have 512megs of RAM and I use multiple MOD folders but I STILL run out of memory from all the addons in my "modern-warfare" mod folder.  My OFP Resistance-Addons folder only has original BIS made addons.

So PLEASE make these seperate.  Otherwise sadly I'll have to just leave them as a novelty item and not use them for mission making unless someone else seperates them.

2. The shotgun is cool, but have you ever fired a shotgun at a large target or seen video of someone getting nailed by 00 buckshot??  They don't blow a person back 20 ft.   It just looks silly and is extremely unrealistic.  Are these Sci-Fi weapons or realistic?  

3.  I don't know.  It took me like 8 hits to kill the BAS soldier.

4.  I hope someone helps you out on this. The sad thing is that they may not want to because its called "Inquistors Weapon Pack" in the zip file.   I imagine that they'll probably just use the Ak-74 with bayonet from your pack and just release it as a seperate addon with custom animations. That way they can get most of the credit for it.

5. As for the M4 with the bayonet, are you saying no because you can not find a M4 or M16 model with a bayonet in CS? Or because you just decided not to make one for the hell of it?

You already have a Russian Ak-74 with a bayonet.  It jut makes sense to have an M4 or M16 with a bayonet to match it for the West side.  Bayonets are still very much used in the U.S. military.

6.  Yes it looks ok, but my point is that it is not realistic. again this goes back to Question #2.  Are these supposed to be realistic weapons or are they meant to be silly sci-fi weapons?   Also is the M60 model from a commercial game release?  If so, as Evi suggested, I think it would be best if you just remove it unless you enjoy law suits.  That's just not cool to do without permission from those who hold the licesense to the game in question.

7.  Ok understood.  That's too bad though. There's no other weapon it could replace rather then the pistol?  sad_o.gif

You might consider putting the white aim sights back on the weapon if that's the case.  Otherwise the sniper is dead in close quarters combat.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Umm.... the M24 is basically a scoped M14.  Also there already is a realistic SVD rifle in OFP... it's the one that came with the game made by BIS.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The M24 can not go full auto, and the SVD that came with the game is ugly next to these guns. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Umm.... the M24 is basically a scoped M14.  Also there already is a realistic SVD rifle in OFP... it's the one that came with the game made by BIS.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Umm.... The M24 and M14 are very... very diffrent guns.

M24

m24.gif

M14

m14a.gif

You must have been thinking of the M21:

m21.jpg

quote from...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

"7. Ok understood. That's too bad though. There's no other weapon it could replace rather then the pistol?

You might consider putting the white aim sights back on the weapon if that's the case. Otherwise the sniper is dead in close quarters combat."

This is very true sad_o.gif

The M24 can not go full auto, and the SVD that came with the game is ugly next to these guns.    tounge_o.gif

Oops... my bad. I meant M21 rifle, not the M24. The M24 as you know is a bolt action rifle. The M21 however is a modified M-14 rifle widely used by U.S. Navy SEALs and I believe also certain U.S. Marine units perhaps. I've never seen U.S. Army units use the M-21 except during the Vietnam War.

http://www.specwarnet.com/kit/m21.htm

At any rate, it's still not full auto however you would NEVER fire a sniper rifle on full auto, unless it's some kind of very small-caliber rifle (like a Ruger 10/22 with full-auto conversion). I've fired .308 caliber weapons and they have a pretty decent kick. On full auto, even with the best muzzle brake you'd end up with most of your rounds going way off target unless it used some kind of fancy delayed recoil burst system. But I have not heard of any such system in .308 caliber (NATO 7.62mm).

As for the SVD, the modelling of the BIS version is actually very accurate. It looks ugly because it is ugly. However the texturing could perhaps be improved. The UCE version for example is a nice black SVD that uses the BIS model but with their own black textures. It looks very nice. Also the scope markings are accurate. I've not fired the SVD but I've looked through it's PSO-1 scope and the markings are identical to the one in OFP on the SVD rifle. Here's a link showing the scope markings:

http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes/svd-rifle-scopes-pso-1.shtml

At any rate, I agree that the SVD could look prettier (or I should say more deadly looking) with better textures. The UCE SVD rifle looks very nice in black. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]At any rate, it's still not full auto however you would NEVER fire a sniper rifle on full auto, unless it's some kind of very small-caliber rifle (like a Ruger 10/22 with full-auto conversion). I've fired .308 caliber weapons and they have a pretty decent kick. On full auto, even with the best muzzle brake you'd end up with most of your rounds going way off target unless it used some kind of fancy delayed recoil burst system. But I have not heard of any such system in .308 caliber (NATO 7.62mm).

Then I guess you would agree with my suggestion. About the M14.

Also, may i suggest removing the handguns from the regular soldeirs. More than half the time, the whole squad gets killed because they all switched weapons at the first sign of contact.

LOL! Yeah, I agree... having all the soldiers with handguns is definitely bad. I've also had my squads wiped out because they try to attack gunmen with AK's using those wimpy pistols. smile_o.gif It's usually something like a few pops from their pistols followed by a long burst of automatic return fire from their target followed by a voice saying "9 is down", "6 is down", "Damn 4 is down".

As for the M14, there were a few automatic versions used in the Vietnam War but soldiers couldn't hit much with them on full-auto because they were too hard to control with the heavy recoil. A heavier weapon like the M60 (which is of the same caliber) is easier to control because it weighs alot more.

So I think a semi-auto M14 is fine but I'm not against having it fire full-auto either as long as the recoil is very high.

But I think those who are against the heavy recoil on the M24 have never fired a scoped .308 weapon. The recoil is actually much worse in real life and you normally never see your bullet hit the target through the scope unless you are very good at quickly re-aquiring your target with the scope.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome weapons pack. I know its got some bugs and mainly a counter strike conversion, but its done extremely well. Kudos to the m-60, which definately feels right (the color doesn't bother me in the least). Now, to make this thread a little bit more meaningful, I must ask this question:

Can some one show me a simplistic process (or at least a detailed set of instructions) on how incorporate these HD weapons into the operation flashpoint singleplayer?

I'd love to replace my ever-so-terrible looking m16a2 with the new model, but I find it hard to unpbo your addon pack. All I get is "unpacking pbo...done." and nothing in the folder!

Forgive me if ive missed some montumental step in the history of unpacking pbos (as I use a relatively old tool) but I don't edit BIS files much. I've done some sound editing, but thats about it. Any assistance is, of course, appreciated.

ITS BETTER to have handguns

for cqb

y dont u equip ur enemies with handguns instead

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I will consider them, if i release a updated pack.

@Adviss: try UnPBO15 to unpack my addon (can be found at ofp.info)

@Eviscerator:

- Can you give me a pic of a aimpoint real sight?

- the shotgun is a compromise. you can have several widespread bullets or one bullet and the reload take some time.

- i can make a 45 round mag on the rpk, this should work with modelspecial (like on the M4 Sopmod). but there is one problem: no shadow on modelspecial

You need a good SVD? Look at this:

svd1.jpg

I think is was made by rus_partizan, but i´m not sure. I found it in a russian forum. I will ask him, if i can insert it in my next update.

And thanks to all who mirrored my pack!