Sign in to follow this  
InQUisiToR

High detail weapon pack released!

Features include:

- High Detail Weapons

- Custom Optics (some optics can be used at night without NV-Goggles)

- New sounds and new inventory pics

- New Grenades for East/Resistance and West (requires only one inventory slot / different sounds for explosions, reload and shot)

- Custom Soldier Models (West Soldier by BAS; East Soldier by UCE; Resistance Soldier by BIS)

- New C4 Bomb

- High Detail Ammo Box

- Sniper with M24 can camo the weapon

- Spetz Natz with Aks-74 and Soldier with XM1014 can kick others

- New Handgrenade and Smokeshell

EastWeapons.jpg

ResWeapons.jpg

WestWeapons1.jpg

WestWeapons2.jpg

Ammo.jpg

for more screens look here

Download here

Mirrors needed!

wow_o.gif *chokes on own drool*

They look amazing, and the feature list sounds incredible. Downloading. smile_o.gif

They are indeed very nice! smile_o.gif

The M24 does not show a crosshair when not in ironsite view. Also, when I fire the M24, the recoil throws the scope view way up, though the bullet hit its mark. I feel more like Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits.

I'm concerned about performance. These weapons are JPG textured. What happens when you have Battlefield like mission that uses these textured weapons? Will it be playable?

Did BAS approve the use of their units?

Quote[/b] ]The M24 does not show a crosshair when not in ironsite view.

That could be the way its supposed to be, forcing the player to use the scope instead of crosshair.

Jesus christ, those look awesome wow_o.gif . Good work.

Quote[/b] ]The M24 does not show a crosshair when not in ironsite view.

That could be the way its supposed to be, forcing the player to use the scope instead of crosshair.

If you're up close to someone, you should be able to use the crosshair, just as on any other rifle.

If you're distant, as you normally are with a sniper rifle, the crosshair isn't going to help.

So it should be there, no differently than BIS' M21 and Dragunov.

No need for crosshair whatsoever, it´s for kiddies.

@ May 23 2003,01:01)]No need for crosshair whatsoever, it´s for kiddies.

............. or for the young at heart.

Looking really good indead, great work! Altough I also would like to know there effect on the performance.

To use the bajonet: switch through firemodes single - auto - strike

Still no answer on the performance issues of these weapons in game??....will it slow the game down in battles using them or no??

It slows down a bit on my Athalon 800.(well quite a bit actually) even with just like 8 guys ingame.

The weapons are just friggin awesome though!

wow_o.gif

I have replaced all original bis weapons with my weapons and i have no performance problems on my computer (Duron 750, 384 MB RAM, Geforce4 Ti4400)

How do you replace the originals??? Will I get bootied in multiplayer?

I have edited my config (i dont play MP)

But you can replace the models in the data3d.pbo

Decompress with UnPBO. rename my weapon models (sample: INQ_M16.p3d to m16_proxy.p3d) Replace the existing models and stuff with StuffPBO.

I guess it all comes down to number of units ingame and processing power of your PC.

For weapons that look this good, I'm willing to try and balance it! smile_o.gif

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!  These weapons are incredible!!!!!!

I really liked the BAS weapons, but...

No disrespect to the talented BAS team intended but the M4's and other weapons in this addon pack are superior to the ones in the BAS weapons pack.  I wish however that they stuck the old SR-47 addon in there.   The sounds are just beautiful in this pack and I also REALLY liked the realism of the M24 sniper rifle.  I kinda miss the white aim point as a reference for close quarters combat but I guess that's what pistols are for.   smile_o.gif

Also to those complaining about the hefty recoil on the M24, I think it's actually very realistic.  If you've ever fired a high power scoped rifle, you DO NOT see the target getting hit through your scope.  That is one reason why you have 2-man sniper teams where one  of the snipers serves as a spotter (with a spotting scope with a laser range finder or just binoculars) to verify if the sniper hit his target.

The switchable cammo on the M-24 sniper rifle is also awesome!  The cammo on the rifle is the best I've seen.  I only wish someone would make a really good sniper unit with a realistic looking Ghillie suit.

Anyhoo... I also love the pistols with the night sites.

Negative gripes:

1. This weapon pack really needs to be made seperate from the soldier units.

2.  The shotgun is maybe a tad bit overpowered (it blows opponents back like 30 feet).

3.  The stroke command could be a little more powerful.

4.  We need a custom bayonet animation that uses a modified "stroke" attack that simulates a bayonet stab.

5. M16 or M4 with a bayonet would be nice.

6. I've never seen a green M60. (I used to be a M60 gunner).  Please make it black like the rest of the weapons.

7. The sniper with the M-24 needs to have a pistol on him for close quarters defense.

8.  When you put or takeoff the cammo on the M24, it switches to grenades.  sad_o.gif  

Overall I really hope the BAS team considers using the weapons in this pack in their next upgrade.  The BAS weapons are good, but I think these weapons definitely are significantly better.  Now if only I had more memory to use this addon pack with all the other "modern" addons I have in a special mod folder.   sad_o.gif   Hence the reason that I hope BAS uses this weapons pack in any new versions of their soldiers addons.  If they don't maybe Operation Code Blue or Suchey's Marines might use them.      

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Perhaps the fact that your weapons have been "hard-coded" into your game makes it smoother inquisitor.

Any chance you might pose the .cpp? I don't play MP either (I'm a 56ker) and think it would be great. If you do decide yo release the cpp, please make it the same way as Kegety's sky addon.

Nice pack..

Nice Counterstike Models and Textures rock.gif

Don´t get me wrong i liked them in Opf as much as i did in Counter-strike biggrin_o.gif

nice HACK

I had 4 Resistance soldiers on the plain old desert map with no buildings and it was lagging at first...it seemed to get better but I have to check it out again.

That shotgun is sweet btw

*BOOM*

biggrin_o.gif

Love it!