Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Hms hermes 1968

As mentioned there will be no lifts.. (or elevators).  I have actually tried, but the pivot poitn was too far away to ensure the lift kept a relatively level surface, if the lift was samller then it would not have been a problem.

As for other features, well I hadn't really thought of any....yet...

I was more interested it getting the model sorted, and the start of the texturing done.

Also I do give you permission TYsiEK to put other missions up relating to this addons, especailly if it ends up shwoign the carrier in more potential.

Dont forget guys, this carrier is too small to F4-Phantoms, and was laid up for a few months before conversion to a Commando Carrier, so think older and smaller planes.  Also consider this before pointing out she is a small carrier, cos she is designed as a Light Fleet Carrier

would be awesome if the AI could take off, and land on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|iCeMaN| @ 21 May 2003,21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you mean elevator right? confused.gif

..damn English....<span id='postcolor'>

No he means lift which is the correct term  smile.gif

Why don't you learn the language properly before you go calling it "damn English"  mad.gif

OK, i will relase two missions today. This changelevel.sqs will be in some new .PBO because (i think) everyone need use this carrier in any mission without copying sqs scripts. So this is an very nice way. In this two missions You can land by the Col Klink's Harrier, CWK's Hawk, G8's Tornado, G8's Awacs (but with awacs it's unrealistic because this plane lands only on the bigger carrier's), Cessna, A10, OFP's russian SU and all other planes. Of course You must have very nice skill to lets land Your plane wink.gif . Just 30 mins with some practics.

Oh and one thing:

The landing speed in 1,5 km between the carrier is an 230 km/h .

The landing speed in 800 m. between the carrier should be 180 - 210

But we have some very bad bug in the OFP. We can't land with speed 170/150 km/h because this will damage our plane (gears too)  sad.gif .

Nice Job!...Question though?...can I get plane to take off the carrier without me flying them?...They seem to crash when I let them fly on there own

Toastman smile_o.gif

Nice Job!...Question though?...can I get plane to take off the carrier without me flying them?...They seem to crash when I let them fly on there own

Toastman smile_o.gif

Just read the readme.txt file. There is an small FAQ, everythink about takeoff and landing. Practics and instructions ;) .

AI cant fly it sees, at least where this carrier is involved

AI cant fly it sees, at least where this carrier is involved

AI can only land on the carrier when its stay on taxi positions from the island cpp. You can put a carrier on the Intro island because there's no airfields.

hmm i just tried to test it out. Everytime i get on the deck of the carrier , i get massive slowdowns and i serioulsy doubt its my machine thats causing the problem.

I dont get slowdowns on my machine.

And its only a 800mhz with Geforce2

I dont get slowdowns on my machine.

And its only a 800mhz with Geforce2

i found out what the problem was , if i crash and blow up on the carrier and try to restart it right away it makes it slow , by i can fix it by restarting the map agian. Its nothing big. Now , can someone tell me how to do the following things.

1. How do u put a plane on the carrier to line it up to use the catapault?

2. How do you put on helicopters and other planes without them falling through right away?

Any help would be appreciated

To get units to be on the deck, put this in their init fields:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this setpos[(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),12]

and to line em up to the catapult look on the carriers immage til u see 2 paraelle line these are the catapults.. quite simple really

Better yet he should try downloading one of the demo missions posted earlier so that he has the catapault and arrestor hook line scripts. He needs to open that mission in the map editor and fool around with it. Sgt. Elias, the catapault and the arrestor hook simulation are scripts and not part of the carrier addon itself. Hence the reason why ya need to download the demo mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey, one think. In the zip with my demo missions is small .pbo file. It's named as FLK-SCRIPT.pbo and there's one small script, exactly this changelevel.sqs so You can use this script in any mission without copying it. Read FAQ in the readme.txt file about usage of catapult.

first off, i cant seem to get the user mission to work , and secondly ive been planning flashpoint for a year and i still have no clue how to work the setpos script.

I think that the hermes should have refuel and rearm capabilities as well as rearm. Is it possible you could update it?

I took the liberty to check this out recently.  It is definitely the only working prototype out there right now.  Nice concept CBFASI.  I had no problem taking off with the F18 on this carrier.  Granted it still needs a little work, but for a beta its coming along well!  Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see the full release soon.  Here are some screenies with the upcoming ver 1.3 F18.  

Cockpit View F18

cockpitF18.jpg

Front View F18

frontF18.jpg

Rear View F18

rearF18.jpg

F18 Taking off

takeoffF18.jpg

Im thinking ill enable the F18's arrester hook for this carrier and hopefully others to come.  I'll probably have a token to enable the function; It could be handled on the either end, the plane or the carrier.  It would probably work alot better if I flew in straight too!  wow_o.gif

arresterF18.jpg

Re-fuel and re-arm, well I had never even thought of this. I will look into it.

I am still working on updating this ship, the biggest bit being a complete re-texture which is taking time.

Also further model enhancements are planned, such as the mast, also the huge radar fitted at this time.

If anyone knows how to get a lift to work then please let me know, I have tried using a distant pivot point, but to get the lift to stay near horizontal the pivot point has to be too far away and this causes a problem. I would like a working lift, and this would add another level to this carrier.

Also if anyone knows how I can put in a simple approach guidance system it would help many as at the moment its not exactly the easiest of ships to find and line up for landing.

If these last two can be worked out I will be implementing them on other carrier projects, including the last Fleet Carrier used by the Royal Navy - HMS Ark Royal, Scrapped in the late 70's.

I have a book detailing all the British Carriers from the last century, this has even got the plans and designs for the ones that never got built, and includes really funny looking ideas from WW1.