Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Ofp 2 plot - it's about evil russia (or u.s.s.r.)

Actually a campaign with united europe against us would be nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ 01 May 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually a campaign with united europe against us would be nice.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

You're dreamer wink.gif

U.S. censorship will not permit it. And BIS do not make such game, it's surely.

But it would be interesting... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 01 May 2003,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There were wars in about every single country while back! Most of them were way more interesting that Vietnam! So your point is invalid! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Uh....? Is there some sort of official War-Interest-O-Metre that I'm unaware of? Maybe other wars of the same vintage are more interesting to you, but Vietnam was certainly the most important. I can see that maybe your disinterest in Vietnam is due to it having been done in a lot of other games (Vietcong, OFPs Nam Pack) and that's understandable. There are a lot of other conflicts that could be simulated that have never been represented (and a lot that won't ever be). I'd love a game focusing on Aussie troops in New Guinea or Borneo during WWII, but I know that not a lot of other people are terribly interested in that.

My point isn't invalid, and certainly isn't as subjective as yours is. If OFP2 is set in Vietnam it's because of a number of factors - among them:

1.) BIS thinks Vietnam would play well in the gaming demographic, better than a war that not many people have heard of.

2.) Vietnam is, for some reason, of more interest to BIS developers than another US/USSR game.

Ok here's my theory.

Guba is 40 years younger, he flew to north vietnam to "try and take over the world" *put pinky to mouth*.(okay okay.. he's just a dentist for the top leading VC general.)

While based in NV, he meets a albino/viet girl who's named angel. They get funky and have a daughter named angelina. The US and SV troops are sent in, and Guba is the secret dentist no one knows about. During the war Angel gets HIV. The VC castrate Guba, which makes him furious. He grabs angelina and flies to Russia(home country), and then becomes a officer there.. and we wind up with Resistance..

*takes pills* tounge.gif

me thinks they should make it more multi-cultural in a way, it all seems to be 1 sides all this and 1 side is evil (and they got um mixed up to! biggrin.gif )

Actually Nogova was also made from true locations..I`ve read that from ofp.info where they show pics with some remarcable resablance..Can`t remember from what place is inspired though..I think is from Czech

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quicKsanD @ 30 April 2003,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because USA have to always be the good guys...Don`t you get it?

No game company will ever dare to make the americans the evil ones unfortunatly, all though there have been many conflicts were the americans cause to fight for was very doubtable...<span id='postcolor'>

Well isn't it quite ironic that in Half-Life US soldiers were your enemy (just look at HL's Apache wink.gif) and killed innocent scientists tounge.gifbiggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ 01 May 2003,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quicKsanD @ 30 April 2003,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because USA have to always be the good guys...Don`t you get it?

No game company will ever dare to make the americans the evil ones unfortunatly, all though there have been many conflicts were the americans cause to fight for was very doubtable...<span id='postcolor'>

Well isn't it quite ironic that in Half-Life US soldiers were your enemy (just look at HL's Apache wink.gif) and killed innocent scientists tounge.gifbiggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Your main enemy was the aliens. Soldeirs just ended up getting in the way biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ 30 April 2003,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still think that it will be about evil USSR helping bad NVA (if it will be set in Vietnam which I hope is not true) to fight peacfull americans who come to help and rescue poor Vietnam people. Here goes the word consisting of 4 letter which begins with F u Americans !!! Long live Soviet Union !!!

But even if the game will be set in Afganistan we will see evil mr. Guba fighting peacefull afgan terrorist. Long live Al-Kaida (which was created by americans to fight with soviets in afgan war (proven fact)) !!!<span id='postcolor'>

Over our MOD's dead body tounge.gif

We are making that scenario and we wont led BIS make profits by ripping our ideas and CATS island biggrin.gif

MUAHAHAH ok i feel a bit cheesy today crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 01 May 2003,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ 01 May 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually a campaign with united europe against us would be nice.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

You're dreamer wink.gif

U.S. censorship will not permit it. And BIS do not make such game, it's surely.

But it would be interesting... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is exactly what we all have in mind especially the french biggrin.gif

Enough of this freedom fries BS we want freedom hamburger now crazy.gif

what about a game that has nothing to do with USA or USSR? maybe again a fictional conflict in the 50/60/70 maybe in africa. with guerilla forces and UN troops? wink.gif

I wish for that as well. Thats why I was really looking forward to IL. But since the US purchasing power needs to be addressed, there is NO GAME that would sell well in the US if it were not US focused unfortunately. Make the US the bad guys and it wouldn't even make it into the country. The old saying here, "Better dead than Red" is still not "dead".

I wouldn't mind OFP:2 be involved with russians. At least in multiplayer I can play as russian and kick NATO's sorry azz!! (russian squad CCCP won EFL tournament biggrin.gif ).

I mean all that single player campaign BS with dumb AI, if you beat it and feel like a hero - go ahead...but then if you meet me in multiplayer you'll see how russians really fight!!! biggrin.gif

p.s. my opinion about OFP:2 set in Vietnam - I don't support it. After seb nam pack 2.0, Ive seen it all! Daywalker made some nice COOP missions for ZEUS ADDON SERVER..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 02 May 2003,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what about a game that has nothing to do with USA or USSR? maybe again a fictional conflict in the 50/60/70 maybe in africa. with guerilla forces and UN troops? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And who, except you and maybe me, would buy it?

/sarcasm/

"Huh, Africa? U.N? I thought those two countries are at peace? Forget that, I want Black Hawk Down cuz it´s got guns and Americans and stupid foreigners being shot in it! Kewl!"

/sarcasm/

confused.gif

by the way, africa is not one country, neither is UN.

And i dont think OFP will look nice in somalia (BHD)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because we are basically the largest consumer which means largest profits can be made when we buy games we don't kill ourselves in.<span id='postcolor'>

yep, but 70-80% of OFP sale was in Europe. In US we are "largest consumer" for game like "Deer Hunter. Special redneck edition".

Ugh, this is some of the worst anti-US vitriol I've seen in some time. sad.gif

But please, don't allow me to interupt all of this worthless diatribe. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ 02 May 2003,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep, but 70-80% of OFP sale was in Europe. In US we are "largest consumer" for game like "Deer Hunter. Special redneck edition".<span id='postcolor'>

make a Deer Hunter mod for OFP2 smile.gif maybe Codemasters can make profits with that smile.gif

Bis is incapable of making a game without defaming someone, notably the evil russkies.

No offense, but one time, I started talking with a czech in english, who thought I was a pole. He was friendly enough, but when he learned I was russian, something in him switched, and he looked at me with loathing and went away with some half-arsed excuse.

When my dad was getting his american citizenship, he had a czech lady interview him. My dad said she looked at him like he was filth. When he said that he was a computer scientist in the Academy of Sciences, she instantly asked MULTIPLE times if he was in the KGB, or if he was in the communist party, and then she asked again if he was lieing or not, that he is under oath, etc etc. Thank god she finally let him become a citizen. The American person who was interviewing me cheerfully let me become a citizen after I passed some easy questions.

Seriously, no offense to any czechs, but after those two incidents, plus BISes attitude in OFP and res, I've gained a negative light towards them. sad.gifsad.gif

Listen to me, NATO can lose to any country no matter what weapons, or vechicles they have, just look at Vietnam, small country the NATO LOST!!! They may have won battles but they lost the war. NVA and VC didn't have a chance with their weapons and vechicles, yet they won because of stragetic battles and great opprotunities on attacking the allied army. All I'm saying small country or not NATO has a still a chance of losing even now. It all depends on stragedy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ugh, this is some of the worst anti-US vitriol I've seen in some time.<span id='postcolor'>

I’m also didn’t watch FOX channel. Now you can safely call me a traitor. For last 3 mounts I feel like I’m back in the “old, good USSR 1977†:-)

Aye. Of course AKM, I realize your other post was a joke.

btw, I don't watch Fox either. Maybe Bush's SECRET USA#1 TRAITOR POLICE will put me in a box and ship me to Cuba. *insert rolling eyes smiley here*

I bet if it is going to be another US/NATO vs Soviet Union is that it will occur somehwere other than vietnam. Perhaps another fictional area? Not really involving the NVA and VC as much. But fighting the secret war agasint communism in more places than Veitnam.