Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Ofp 2 plot - it's about evil russia (or u.s.s.r.)

Don't you all think this is getting a bit political? There is a very good place for discussions like this, the Offtopic section of these good forums. But then, who am I to judge? smile.gif

I think the OFP2 plot would only involve the USA vs. USSR/Russia if the plot involved Guba. Otherwise the enemy will be some other 'evil' people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ 05 May 2003,08:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't you all think this is getting a bit political?<span id='postcolor'>

May be just a little bit wink.gif

Did you knew that Codemasters, for instance, wount publish game before censorship check it? Try to sell them game with evil yankees, hehe smile.gif I wanna look at this biggrin.gif

And Codemasters are no exception...

But this is just a game, isn't it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 05 May 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ 05 May 2003,08wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't you all think this is getting a bit political?<span id='postcolor'>

May be just a little bit wink.gif

Did you knew that Codemasters, for instance, wount publish game before censorship check it? Try to sell them game with evil yankees, hehe smile.gif I wanna look at this biggrin.gif

And Codemasters are no exception...

But this is just a game, isn't it wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, a game where the Americans are the bad guys, would be kind of funny wouldn't it? I could imagine trying to get it published in America tounge.gif

'In OFP2 you play as an ex-Iraqi soldier. Gen. Jay Garner has broken away from the US government and is know running Iraq qith the help of US troops in Iraq. He plans to use Iraq as a base to take over the Middle East, then give control over to the USA. You must fight the US forces in Iraq and stop Jay Garner!' tounge.gif Think of that as a storyline wink.gif

What the hell is wrong with you people, all you do is bitch and moan about this game, and then after your done bitching, all you do is complain and make up fake statements about my home country, all of you assholes really make me sick.

what if the game is about vietnam? BIS could make young Guba as an officer who alone is responsible for Soviet intervention in vietnam. the other soviets would be out of the line...

nahh that's a cheesy idea. biggrin.giftounge.gif

i need some sugar and capuccino.... crazy.gif

I think there will be a 'RAMBO-2' scenario. American cummando goes to "liberate" Vietnam from damn commies. Of course, NVA (North Vietnam Army) is trained by a group of Soviet Soldiers (one of the groups is led by young colonel or sergant GUBA).

The main idea is to destroy both NVAs and evil russkies that came to help vietcong fight US soldiers.

oops..idea is copyrighted already © smile.gif Nah, jk..BIS you can use that...I don't really give a crap who will be as a "bad guy". Just as long as you make a kick ass engine, graphics, features, and physics I will like the game smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quicKsanD @ 30 April 2003,06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because USA have to always be the good guys...Don`t you get it?

No game company will ever dare to make the americans the evil ones unfortunatly, all though there have been many conflicts were the americans cause to fight for was very doubtable...<span id='postcolor'>

ya.. like the European theater in World War 2. The Japanese attack Pearl Harbor and suddenly we want to invade Europe? bah.  It would have been better to let Russia and Germany (and all their supporting countries) pound each other completely out of existence taking their extremisms with them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,08:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why go for the US as the main "good" force? There were not many sales of OFP in USA AFAIK! Most of 1 million was sold in Europe and around 200000 copies sold in Germany alone! I bet out of 1 million who bought it 70% would like someone else than USA to be good guys for a change!

So there is no logical explanation for OFP2 to be set in Vietnam! None whatsoever, really!<span id='postcolor'>

according to their recent interview,  the U.S was one of the largest markets for the game. You don't realize how large the market is in the U.S.  A #10 game in the U.S market will still earn far beyond #1 in most other countries.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ 05 May 2003,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell is wrong with you people, all you do is bitch and moan about this game, and then after your done bitching, all you do is complain and make up fake statements about my home country, all of you assholes really make me sick.<span id='postcolor'>

Or maybe you should stop calling others assholes asshole!

I think my "picture" I posted in the "OFP Combat Photography Thread", fits in this Thread also.

Coverk.jpg

For all Fans of "Evil Russia"!

MfG Lee wink.gif

You know what I would like to see? I modern war game where you play as both yanks, ruskies, germans, brittish etc. The story would be in a higher level than the personal, while you play different characters that had a key role in a certain battle/situation in the fictive war.

Maybe they work in 2 big teams and make 2 games 1 Vietnam and a Gulf War wink.gif

I am sure everyone will be happy with those wink.gif

One thing that would be fun is if they made a big crisis, and that they implented a great number of countrys that are involved, and that you can choose to play for any of them...

They can have like a short country crisis as the begginning missons, and then in the later missions when the enemy is driven out of your country, the country have to send troops to the front, and among that troops is ofcourse you...

And by that the player can decide wich side is going to win, and wich country he/she wants to play for... wink.gif

I think we should all shut up and ask BIS to make 2 campaign whatever the era of the game will be. Maybe it'll be the wars of future ? Hover tanks, A-Wings etc. wow.gif

I don't care if the game is set in the freakin War of 1812, Im gonna buy it. i don't care if it's US against the Soviet Union or the NVA/Viet Cong. I don't care if it's idealisticly pro-yankee or less one-sided. I just want to play this game! tounge.gif

Wait a sec...I'll add something to that, this game should have NOTHING to do with the amazingly incompetent French military.

Q- Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?

A- So German soldiers can march in the shade.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 07 May 2003,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ouch.. everyone's getting their shots in now  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah but the french are always the first ones. wink.gif

Do French soldiers even know how to fire their guns? Do they practice dropping them and holding their arms up in the air in basic training?

If Napoleon could've seen the future he'd wish he was born a Spaniard.

Germans would've never invaded France if the Maginot-line was longer. I don't understand why they thought that Hitler who was a genius in war wouldn't just go around the Maginot-line through Belgium? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamme @ 07 May 2003,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germans would've never invaded France if the Maginot-line was longer. I don't understand why they thought that Hitler who was a genius in war wouldn't just go around the Maginot-line through Belgium? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Erm, they would have just flown over, blown several chunks out of the maginot line and blitzkrieg'ed through...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wait a sec...I'll add something to that, this game should have NOTHING to do with the amazingly incompetent French military.

Q- Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?

A- So German soldiers can march in the shade.<span id='postcolor'>

Why there are so many negative comments against France? I don’t understand it.

France is the beautiful Country (I’m dying to see Paris). And their military has the same competence as any other military in the world.

You don’t like them because their didn’t support war in Iraq? So no one did.

If you didn’t like them because they trying to maintain their OWN interest (like every normal country doing nowadays, including US) it just didn’t make any cense.

If their president care more about their own companies profit and less about Mobil and Texaco, what so bad about it?

And all this stupid “freedom fries†event. I will understand if it going in some sport bar in the south, but senators ….

Let’s don’t stop with this fries... let send statue of liberty back to France. We boycott wine, lets also boycott French food, cosmetics (to bad 99% of our woman use it), but wait, movie was invented in France. Let’s close Hollywood and all TV station around US.

There we go, but wait, Germany also against it. No, no Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Porches. Do we have to send it back or crash it?

My god, main gun on M1A2 was made in Germany, if we send them all back…. If we all follow our senators , we and up in the middle of the desert with 5 day old popcorn pack in left hand and US flag in the right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 07 May 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm starting to see that this thread is going no where.<span id='postcolor'>

It's going to discussion about how "good" americans are and why russians and americans hate each other smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ 07 May 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 07 May 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm starting to see that this thread is going no where.<span id='postcolor'>

It's going to discussion about how "good" americans are and why russians and americans hate each other smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

which belongs in an OT thread, not here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's going to discussion about how "good" americans are and why russians and americans hate each other<span id='postcolor'>

I don’t think there is any hate. I’m personally didn’t hate anyone, especially Americans. This country gives me much more then any other. And I do like most of the Americans.

If you will know them better, you will realize they are very nice peoples.

Sometime I’m just disagreeing with the “target†they choose. I 100% support US in Afghanistan, I.m 100% unsupported them in Iraq, and I,m will 100% support them if they choose Saudi Arabia as next "target".

After all, country which financially support 70% of world terrorist group can’t be stay unpunished for long time.