Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Ofp 2 plot - it's about evil russia (or u.s.s.r.)

Believe my guys, it will be again about evil Russians. With no doubts for me.

I've got some reasons for such statement:

1. There are no such powerful opponents for NATO or USA in the world exept Russia (may be China is, but it's not so interesting. Why? Look at number 4 wink.gif );

2. There are no countries in the world with so big weapon arsenal like in Russia;

3. There are no good possible scenario for military conflict except for Russia vs NATO (USA);

4. Czech's people aren't like russians and developers of this game aren't expulsion (Believe me, I'm know what I'm talking about).

So, be ready for something about crazy, bloody Russian babykillers and holy USA army wink.gif

Guba will be back smile.gif

I think your completely wrong, but I do believe Guba will be in there as a Russian advisor to the NVA. Possibly a campaign with a young version of him as the main character. Could be interesting.

Maybe Russia gets involved openly in Vietnam with China? Now thats a Flashpoint!!! tounge.gif

Why does everyone still believe it is going to be about Vietnam? Is there a reason for that except for a fake screenshot?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 29 April 2003,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Believe my guys, it will be again about evil Russians. With no doubts for me.

1. There are no such powerful opponents for NATO or USA in the world exept Russia (may be China is, but it's not so interesting. Why? Look at number 4 wink.gif );

2. There are no countries in the world with so big weapon arsenal like in Russia;

3. There are no good possible scenario for military conflict except for Russia vs NATO (USA);

4. Czech's people aren't like russians and developers of this game aren't expulsion (Believe me, I'm know what I'm talking about).

So, be ready for something about crazy, bloody Russian babykillers and holy USA army wink.gif

Guba will be back smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This might be true. But....

How do you explain the Picture? It's in Vietnam. :\

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Swatdog @ 30 April 2003,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do you explain the Picture? It's in Vietnam. :\<span id='postcolor'>

Ok

Picture

If BIS show OFP2 in E3.Why in official site of OFP2 screen - fake ? Hard to make normal screen? Need make fake ??

Sorrrry my english  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why does everyone still believe it is going to be about Vietnam? Is there a reason for that except for a fake screenshot?<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the Retaliation campaign is going to be in Vietnam. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 30 April 2003,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why does everyone still believe it is going to be about Vietnam? Is there a reason for that except for a fake screenshot?<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the Retaliation campaign is going to be in Vietnam. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dann it!!!! Who told you?confused.gif We have a mole!!! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have a mole!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing that a laser cosmetician can't remove, I'm sure. tounge.gif

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 30 April 2003,07wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Believe my guys, it will be again about evil Russians. With no doubts for me.

Guba will be back smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Let's have a look wink.gif

1.) Maybe not in terms of military technology, but countries like North Korea (and Vietnam c.1960's) give the US a run for it's money in terms of sheer numbers.

Other, smaller & less tech. advanced countries & non-state forces may not be able to take the US head on in a conventional military conflict, but would be a real thorn in the side if fighting a guerilla war. ie. Vietnam.

2.) If you equate power with arsenal, then the USSR was a pretty good match. But most conflicts the US has been involved in have been with much smaller, far less well-equipped forces.

3.) Why? Why wouldn't a game set in Afghanistan, the Middle-East, Africa, S.E. Asia, or South America be as good as a fictional war between Russia and the US?

4.) Just because the BIS guys might not like Russia doesn't mean they're going to base another game in an anti-Russian format. They have to think of sales as well - OFP was set against Russian forces, why do the same thing in OFP2? If anything, they may lose sales from such a single-minded approach. They know that people other than Czechs play OFP and I don't think they'd risk the popularity of OFP2 just to stick the boot into the Russians.

However, I won't be surprised if the US is the main force in the game (and even if it's portrayed in an overly positive light). In fact, if its based on a real war, it would probably be a good idea as the US has been involved in some way in a lot of conflicts...

Looks to me like a Vietnam War backdrop - perhaps OFP2 will be based in a sideshow conflict rather than the main war, or it will be a fictional war in Vietnam - one that proceeds differently to how it really did.

I'm just going to wait and see smile.gif

I still think that it will be about evil USSR helping bad NVA (if it will be set in Vietnam which I hope is not true) to fight peacfull americans who come to help and rescue poor Vietnam people. Here goes the word consisting of 4 letter which begins with F u Americans !!! Long live Soviet Union !!!

But even if the game will be set in Afganistan we will see evil mr. Guba fighting peacefull afgan terrorist. Long live Al-Kaida (which was created by americans to fight with soviets in afgan war (proven fact)) !!!

Yes but why do you people think that Vietnam will bring better sales for OF?

The original Flashpoint which was all about fictional war had great sales and in every review that I had read it got a good

score on the story...

And many OF fans expect the same type of a game from OF 2 as I am....BIS should stick with U.S.A vs Russia and maybe they should bring other countries two into the battle..

Something close to a WW3....That`s what I want...

Because USA have to always be the good guys...Don`t you get it?

No game company will ever dare to make the americans the evil ones unfortunatly, all though there have been many conflicts were the americans cause to fight for was very doubtable...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Azatoth @ 30 April 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Swatdog @ 30 April 2003,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do you explain the Picture? It's in Vietnam. :\<span id='postcolor'>

Ok

Picture

If BIS show OFP2 in E3.Why in official site of OFP2 screen - fake ? Hard to make normal screen? Need make fake ??

Sorrrry my english  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They probably faked it because their soldier models are not complete, as far as i know in the production of OFP the coding of the engine came first, the aesthetics were an after thought, so i cant see it being any different, especially if OFP2 has some major engine changes, and possibly major netcode changes, as they mention full multiplayer support, the current netcode, although a lot better than the 1.00 version is still clumsy in places, and to any people hoping for another fictional setting on fictional islands, i think you should check the bis info about ofp 2:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Operation Flashpoint 2, a true sequel to the million-selling military simulator, is in design and development by Bohemia Interactive. Focussing on another theatre of modern-historical warfare, Operation Flashpoint 2 will introduce 2nd generation Flashpoint Engine for the ultimate military gaming experience with even more realism, freedom and immersion than the original Operation Flashpoint.

Main Features

Experience the intensity of modern-historical warfare

Drive and fly authentic vehicles and aircraft

Command large squads with plenty of tactical and strategic options

Play the campaign or solo missions

Explore large battlezones based on real locations

Create your own mission and scenarios using intuitive built-in mission editor

Full multiplayer support

<span id='postcolor'>

I think the several different pictures that are almost certainly vietnam, coupled with the BIS ofp2 site which is obviously 1950-1970's era tv, and the fact they call it modern-historical, which indicates it will be some kind of true setting, retelling some kind of story, and the fact its relatively modern is another clue, it really doesnt take a genius to work out where they are going with this, also, i mentioned the pictures, there is not just one picture, there are several, from both the bis site, the ofp 2 site, and the codemasters ofp2 site, all vietnam:

BIS Site:

of2krabice.gifof2logo.gif

Codemasters OFP2 Site:

picture.jpg

logo.jpg

(and another here: http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2/uk/press.php )

1ofp2_image.jpg

And the one everyone knows from the ofp2 site

ofp2.jpg

Now, every single one of these is vietnam, 3 of them have 'Operation Flashpoint 2' on them, and one is made to look like a cd case for a game! The chances of it all being a big hoax are slim, very slim.

Also, a quick search on 'Modern-Historical, got this:

<a href="http://www.wkonline.com/a/Anatomy_of_a_War_Vietnam_the_United_States_and_the_Modern_Historical_Experience_1565842189

.htm" target='_blank'>http://www.wkonline.com/a....189.htm</a>

Why go for the US as the main "good" force? There were not many sales of OFP in USA AFAIK! Most of 1 million was sold in Europe and around 200000 copies sold in Germany alone! I bet out of 1 million who bought it 70% would like someone else than USA to be good guys for a change!

So there is no logical explanation for OFP2 to be set in Vietnam! None whatsoever, really!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why go for the US as the main "good" force? There were not many sales of OFP in USA AFAIK! Most of 1 million was sold in Europe and around 200000 copies sold in Germany alone! I bet out of 1 million who bought it 70% would like someone else than USA to be good guys for a change!

So there is no logical explanation for OFP2 to be set in Vietnam! None whatsoever, really!<span id='postcolor'>

Why ? It's US asslicking. Russia is evil 'cos it's Russia. And it must be so like US people think (and not only US). And u know if US will be evil the sales will be prohibited... (not only in US) So US MUST be good guys.

Oh and don't forget that they won WW2 just invading Normandy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So there is no logical explanation for OFP2 to be set in Vietnam! None whatsoever, really!<span id='postcolor'>

There was a war in Vietnam a while back, I think that pretty much qualifies it smile.gif

Could we all please chill out and wait until we have it in our grubby little mits before we crap all over it? What if it turns out to be the most intensely realistic wargame ever made, with limitless possibilies to create combat scenarios anywhere on Earth? Just hold on until we actually see the game smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh and don't forget that they won WW2 just invading Normandy. <span id='postcolor'>

And this is rock-solid proof of why BIS may have made a computer game set in Vietnam? I don't know about you, but I'm convinced!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ 30 April 2003,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 30 April 2003,22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So there is no logical explanation for OFP2 to be set in Vietnam! None whatsoever, really!<span id='postcolor'>

There was a war in Vietnam a while back, I think that pretty much qualifies it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There were wars in about every single country while back! Most of them were way more interesting that Vietnam! So your point is invalid! wink.gif

To please everybody BIS should make OFP2 a game about the Winter War. You get the evil russians, but you don't have to look at the pure hearted americans. We the finnish would be the good guys tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamme @ 30 April 2003,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not evil USA for a change?! mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Because we are basically the largest consumer which means largest profits can be made when we buy games we don't kill ourselves in.

Developers NOTHING say about place and time of game smile.gif

Give us Balkans !! !! !!

P.s USA is good ? After WW II they bombing just 21 countries crazy.gif It's normal ?

Whatever but i wish there is no usa involvement in the game, gettin a bit tired of usa doing this and usa doing that.

IF it wasn't based in Vietnam, I personally would love to see the game based on the other insurgency wars during the 60's/70's. Places like Oman, Rhodesia, Angola (looking forward to that mod) or even if it is based in Vietnam, even I would love to see Aussie and NZ troops get more attention, at least to make it different. I'm at the point now where I'd be more than happy if BI based the game in Europe and used European units just so people would STFU and stop with all the anti U.S. sentiments.