Sign in to follow this  
_Assulter_

Multiplayer

According to the search the word "favorite" is here somewhere, but I can't find the page and see which context it is mentioned in, so here goes.

The option to select "Add as favorite" in the MP list.

Also a release of a real stand alone server.

Not as it is now with a brick weighing in at 7GB.

Oh yeah, and the multiplayer screen should show HOW LONG each mission has been in progress -- it's soooo frustrating to join a game with only 1 minute left!

Where is this thread from anyway, seems like a old Arma-anticipation thread that has been moved to the Arma 2 section

Request: A multiline notes section in the multiplayer server screen. When you select a server a notes section will download and update with certain notes from the server.

Typical usage: Show what rules the server is running under (what will cause an autokick).

Why: Now I can spend a whole evening looking for a Domination server that will accept me. I will get "kicked off" but no reasoning given. I know running ECS is now disallowed on many servers (due to causing possible server crashes?), and many of our addons are modified to suit our own clans desires (missing entries in i.e. True addons etc, color tweaks for flares and whatnot [and yes, could be possible cheats]). If certain things are not allowed, I would like to find out before trying to join a server insted of spending too much time on watching the server list update for each failed try.

Hey ho,

ofp public gaming:

I can say that "no JIP" like current in OFP 1.96 is cool and should be still there. The rounds are closed and gets a closer tighter dynamik with fixed teams.

It is cool to spend diziplin and anticipation for the upcoming 30minutes.

I would like a button or *.ini Parameter for such function.

One thing that should be in ARMA2's multiplayer warfare mode is the uav predator!(to replace the sat cam) that would be amazing to fly it remote controlled in the air looking for the enemy base!

Stuff which has been implemented into ARMA1 warfare which i also loved are nukes and carpet bombs etc.

maybe if ARMA2 expanded on the realistic possibilities the multiplayer would become so much more fun!

Join in sounds good, it takes away problems with quiters (because people will join int their place making it fair again) and acutualy getin into a game. however there is the problem with people unfortunatly joining to ruin the game but i guess there would be a way of kicking them so i think it would be a nice feature

In multiplayer:

For admins - ability to "throw away" missions. Lets say a mission that has scripting errors and the admin wants it taken away. A commando for a logged in admin would put that mission i a named catalog.

For admins - ability to "load" missions. A given mission in a named catalog could be moved to MPMissions, so that the mission could be played. Thus to have the opportunity to load just one and one mission and not all missions into MPMissions. This might give the admin a opportunity to find errors in missions when they are loaded.

For players - after a mission is finished, a vote should appear, so all the players can vote how they liked the mission. This would then again be saved in some kind of html or txt-file for later use. It might even be used so that you can find the most liked mission or even a mission that has never been played.

In editor:

For editing - better sorting of name standard. In the editor it should be drop-down boxes for "co", "c&H" etc etc and the editor should calculate for how many players, then the editing guy should only give the mission a name. Then when "you" save your game, the game type and for how many players are automatically put into its name. Thus giving us an name standard like "co12_missionName.island.pbo", where "co" and "12" are not something you type in.

New respawn option "DM" or "SAFE" with parameters

It would be very helpful in deathmatches and the likes if you respawned out of sight and/or at a certain distance away from the nearest enemy if possible within the spawn marker. It would reduce the number of respawn kills and make deathmatches more enjoyable even when it gets crowded. It could be done halfway with scripts but there are no commands for checking possible line of sight or to prevent you from getting stuck inside an object (building or rock) when you get randomly setpos'd.

(Re: scripting: You can use the boundingbox command to see if a point is within the bounding box of another object (which itself is slightly outside the actual boundaries). This way you can prevent spawning inside something else.) A "safe" option could be useful however.

A score penalty to getting killed, increases with the 'cost' of the vehicle you get killed in. I.e. getting killed as:

Infantry, -2 points

Team Leader, -3 points

Squad Leader, -4 points

HMMWV/Light vehicle, -5 points

Sniper/Recon style units , -8 points

Armored Vehicles, -10 points

Heavy Armor/MBTs, -15 points

Air Transport Vehicles, -20 points

Air Attack Vehicles, -25 points

Finding the best balance here would need trial and error, I'm sure.

I would also expand this to a positive score depending on on the 'value' or 'threat' on what you kill. I.e. killing a sniper or machinegunner gives better score than a rifleman. Killing (including mobility kills) a MBT gives a greater score than killing a D30 (same score now...).

The idea is that the scoreboard currently doesn't reward good players. I think the scoreboard should reflect those who wants to stay alive and those who play ArmA like a regular shooter. Personally I'm no fan of the scoreboard at all, but since its there it should do a better job.

A score penalty to getting killed, increases with the 'cost' of the vehicle you get killed in.

You wouldn't believe how much a hardcoded score penalty for dying would mess up the stats in some pvp missions with respawn, especially because there are times when your death can be completely out of your hand. I'm all for tweaking the score values for different vehicles and maybe even actions but penalties are best left for scripts to handle in missions that need such a feature.

Which reminds me, I think that the score board should include every player and not just the top 10. Debriefings and after action reports can get very vague when you don't know the stats of everyone in the game.

My bad, really didn't think of that smile_o.gif Maybe not a 'hardcoded' scoreboard as such, but maybe setup the engine scoring system in description.ext easily to suit whatever scoring was going to be supported. One system for coop, one for PvP infantry, one for PvP Tank battles where infantry kills didn't matter etc -- but on a per mission basis. Just brainstorming the possibilities here, but custom scores today are a bit hard to do.

Agreed on a scrollable scoreboard. Makes it possible to identify those just messing up the game for those who actually enjoys the game.

To expand this idea further, how about this? Setup in description.ext a 'limit' you have to be above in order to play the 'next round', and one limit you have to be above in order to remain in the 'current round'. If below you get automatically kicked or can't join the next session as a 'punishment' for playing badly.

It is then up to the mission designers discression to set these at reasonable levels depending on the missions nature. People who run a strictly serious gaiming server can then set this differently from those running a more open server. These 'rules' should also be visible to the joining player somewhere. This suggestion is ment to try to discourage team killers as early as possible while attracting serious players. Not too heavily considered, so it is easy to overlook important aspects like I did above smile_o.gif

My bad, really didn't think of that smile_o.gif Maybe not a 'hardcoded' scoreboard as such, but maybe setup the engine scoring system in description.ext easily to suit whatever scoring was going to be supported. One system for coop, one for PvP infantry, one for PvP Tank battles where infantry kills didn't matter etc -- but on a per mission basis. Just brainstorming the possibilities here, but custom scores today are a bit hard to do.

It might actually be quite nice to have a customisable scoring system. Getting extra points for armored targets or eliminating vehicle bonus altogether as an option would make it easier to have the right players on top in certain missions. I did make a script in my vehicle deathmatches where you only get points for killing a player, not his vehicle, but that was quite a hassle.

Currently in ArmA any bush obstructs sound propagation when using direct voice chat, making communication difficult in forest areas; perhaps this can be fixed with ArmA 2?

Also, I really hope some sort of scripting access is implementing for voip channel access/restriction, allowing separation of command comms from regular channels and restricting use of side channel.

Hi, i think that allow the JIP for some kind of MP missions, like the

Warfare missions, the EVO style, Domination, CTFs and DM will be

good; but in more serious (coops focused on the realism and squad

tactics) there should be an option to disable the JIP, that's a big

impediment for developt a strategy between all the players etc.

The JIP is a good feature for missions not that focused on the

realism or the tactics. I think that the JIP should be enabled by the

mission maker in the mission, not made as a game's feature. Let's C ya

Currently in ArmA any bush obstructs sound propagation when using direct voice chat, making communication difficult in forest areas; perhaps this can be fixed with ArmA 2?

Also, I really hope some sort of scripting access is implementing for voip channel access/restriction, allowing separation of command comms from regular channels and restricting use of side channel.

Yes thats important for me too...

For your second point, i suggested it here already.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=77490

edited out my post here, just saw how old the thread is! Apparently JIP and enabling or disabling the AI has been added in a patch, bc I just bought ARMA and have 1.14, and those features are there.

I don't know if this has already been requested but...

Please have tag/revive respawn as part of the game engine!

0 or "NONE"

1 or "BIRD"

2 or "INSTANT"

3 or "BASE"

4 or "GROUP"

5 or "SIDE"

6 or "REVIVE"

the ability to have co-op of more than 4 players on campaign mission would be nice.

A possibility to force people into being JIP clients. I.e. while mission is being setup, it waits for a signal from the mission before players actually join as players.

Or even better, have the mission turn this signal on and off, preventing people to join in certain stages of the mission. Would really be helpful for coding dynamic missions where everything is setup on the fly.