Sign in to follow this  
9mm

Current conflict usmc

very nice models and i love the m16 - fantastic! Only criticism is that at a distance they appear to be wearing white sneakers and have a slightly distorted image - but this could be my machine....

Hey Avon,

Thanks for the heads up on the signature.

Well replacing bis soldiers with these guys was easy, all I did was unpack data3d.pbo and replace mc vojakw2.p3d with SUCHurifle.p3d from his addon. Everything seems to work with no conflicts except...the goggles aren't showing up. I'll let you guys know if I figure it out. My only other concern is that some servers may kick you if you modify data3d.pbo. Time will tell.

Alright, this is really starting to irritate me. The goggles really make the model, but I can't get them to show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Wright

I think BAS tried to do that but was unsuccessful. It would be really cool but not essential.

I need to go with Miles Teg and Hellfish, the interceptor body armor should be modeled. Those Interceptor plates should be modeled. However, I was under the impression that if you got hit in the chest with a bullet, even if you were wearing interceptor, that you'd go flying backwards. You wouldn't be able to just keep running. biggrin.gif

I also like the "Cayote" color of the Interceptors.

I made a small modification of ACT's BlackOp HALO mission and put in the Marines. It's a 1-24 player coop mission.

In addition to Suchey and Earls marines you need BAS Delta&Ranger pack as I have used some of the support weapons from that pack.

http://w1.522.telia.com/~u52214146/1-24_C_USMC_Raid.zip

Happy playing folks. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the mission! I can't wait to try it out. Between Suchey and I, we don't have time to make custom missions, but I look forward to seeing what people can come up with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ April 06 2003,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think BAS tried to do that but was unsuccessful. It would be really cool but not essential.

I need to go with Miles Teg and Hellfish, the interceptor body armor should be modeled. Those Interceptor plates should be modeled. However, I was under the impression that if you got hit in the chest with a bullet, even if you were wearing interceptor, that you'd go flying backwards. You wouldn't be able to just keep running. biggrin.gif

I also like the "Cayote" color of the Interceptors.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah a close range hit to the chest from an AK-47 on someone wearing a Level IV vest will knock the living crap out of them.  But a lot depends on the angle of impact and the range that the bullet was fired from.  Sometimes due to adrenalin running through a pumped up soldier, it might just knock the wind out of him for a bit.  As for the issue of balancing the game that someone brought up, I have no problem with that when pitting the BAS Ranger/Delta units against regular East soldiers.  Often the East side still wins.  A lot depends on how you position the enemy soldiers or how you have them attacking.  You can also always just add an extra enemy squad as well.  

But so far I think the BAS Delta/Rangers fit in very well with the BIS made soldiers.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey fellas...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i was a little dissappointed theres only one unit in the editor, but the MARPAT Release will be good, cuz that m16a2 is kick ass.. makes us wonder about the A4 u guys been working on.

<span id='postcolor'>

The large pack we are working on is the MARAPT Marines/Weapons...which will include a variety of weapons...I wont list them all as Im not 100% sure what Earl has up his sleave, but rest assured a full comlement of weapons and soldiers will be included with that pack.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> It would be nice if the armor levels of the units could be matched to those of the BAS units so that they can take one or two more shots to the chest without dying compared to normal troops.<span id='postcolor'>

Although we really like the balistic vest coding, we have chosen to keep default values for the Marines to ensure that they will be 100% evenly matched with default enemy troops in multiplay. Multiplayer is where I will personally be using the units the most, so I wanted to ensure an even playing field for adversarial missions. It does add some nice reality, but adversarial play would see everyone stacking to the NATO side in order to enjoy the additional armor provided.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I'd like to see chin straps.<span id='postcolor'>

They will be included in the next version of this soldier...coming soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">finally a really good M16A2!!!<span id='postcolor'>

If you like this, wait until you get your hands on some of the stuff Earl is making for the Marpat Marines/weapons pack!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know what would be really cool would be costum Night Vision Goggels the ones currently used by the Marines <span id='postcolor'>

I agree whole heartedly...unfortunately, there is no good way to recreate night vision thus far to my knowledge as I believe that it is hard coded to the engine. Hopefully someone will work a solution for this in the future! If anyone has any info on how this can be accomplished please send me the info!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I made a small modification of ACT's BlackOp HALO mission and put in the Marines<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the mission! I am really looking forward to checking out what people come up with in the community! Earl and I have been devoting all of our time to creating the addon, however, you can look forward to some demo missions being released for the MARPAT pack when it is available. More info on this as release draws near.

Suchey, maybe you could add Marines that have additional Armor and ones that don't? So you could have some that work for MP and some that you could use for more realistic SP missions.

kick ass! only 1 complaint. i HATE the magenta color tracers. please make them lighter and more orange. they would look alot better. biggrin.gif  thank you

ot. hey cloney...wernt you originaly aganst war in iraq? if so why the change?

No man, I was never against the war in Iraq! biggrin.gif

Replacing m16a2 to BAS rangers~~~~!

mmmm...........so beautiful, amazing, and wonderful!!! wow.gif

the m16 made my life colorful!!! thx you guys biggrin.gif

there is a "tougher unit" script somewhere over the OFPEC.

I guess that might help.

Or, you could always make bullest vest clad terrorists to be adversaries a la OPFOR in Americas Army, as fighting the Ruskies with modern addons doesnt really make much sense any more...

Am I the only one that has 30 tracer rounds per mag?

It looks like a lasershow when the Marines shoot....

Yep, I think they are all tracers, but these guys can really shoot. Maybe Suchey modded their stats so they can kick ass, like real Marines. 6 Marines defeated 4 squads of African Militia on the the Mogadishu island. They took no casualties.

i just have 2 complaints...

1.) There are no chinstraps, but thats getting fixed like suchey said in the future.

2.) That this FULL addon hasnt been released yet!! put the straps on em.. make the loadouts and zip em up... cuzz these just might be the best units out there..

BAS... thier desert weapons loook kinda cheesy.. if i were them i owuldnt have wasted my time texturing the additional weapons.. they coulda left em black and had the rangers/delta's out early but heyyyy... thats just me!! no offence

To my knowledge, there is no way to limit the tracer rounds in OFP...I think BIS just made them all tracers. You can always shut tracers off in your preferences completely. If someone knows of a way to limit tracers to one every 4th or 5th round, please let me know as Id love to limit them in that way. In regard to modeling of the Marines skill, I did not add any additional skill to them outside of what an OFP soldier has by default. If I remember correctly thought, the milita guys are modeled to be less skilled soliders and may also be equiped with the super inacurate AK addon?confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ April 07 2003,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I remember correctly thought, the milita guys are modeled to be less skilled soliders and may also be equiped with the super inacurate AK addon?confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, they have high dispersion AK's which basically makes them lame shots. It's not surprising they got waxed. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ April 07 2003,14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To my knowledge, there is no way to limit the tracer rounds in OFP...I think BIS just made them all tracers.  You can always shut tracers off in your preferences completely.  If someone knows of a way to limit tracers to one every 4th or 5th round, please let me know as Id love to limit them in that way.  In regard to modeling of the Marines skill, I did not add any additional skill to them outside of what an OFP soldier has by default.  If I remember correctly thought, the milita guys are modeled to be less skilled soliders and may also be equiped with the super inacurate AK addon?confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well isn't it in the config where you define the tracer color?

rgb[col1,col2,col3,trans]

You could just do rgb[0,0,0,255] or whatever it is to make them transparent, but that would make them disappear altogether =/

About those body armour codding.

Why not to include an internal script simulating body armour in the soldier pbo. The script wouldn't be activated until a certain line is written in the soldier init field, eg. this exec "pbo_name\body_armour_script.sqs".

I guess i wouldn't unbalance the game in MP, but it'd provide an easy way to simulate the body armour in SP missions, or just while playing with the editor (you wouldn't have to place the sqs file in the mission folder manually).