Sign in to follow this  
9mm

Current conflict usmc

Great work Suchey and Earl, the model is very nice, the textures are top notch and the M16A2 is very well done.

I hope you guys release the final version soon, the Teaser really shows the quality of the future pack, Outstanding wink.gif

The m16 performs very well. I love it. Probably known already, but I noticed that the scope is a little off center, as the shots mostly hit a little too high compared to where the sight aims. Also, the color of the model seems a little green'ish, rather than black. Except for these details the weapon is the best m16 I have seen so far in OFP.

Is there a chance, you could join forces with BAS, so they would manage to use that m16 sound for their weapons, while you could help in developing the troops for any upcoming Marines Pack?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ April 10 2003,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a chance, you could join forces with BAS, so they would manage to use that m16 sound for their weapons, while you could help in developing the troops for any upcoming Marines Pack?<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif © 2003, The Avon Lady, all right reserved - so there! mad.gif

Well I got tired waiting for a demo mission so I made one myself - sort of.

You can download Ambush USMC from the MOM section at The FAQ. smile.gif

when you throw a grenade the m16 turns green when it is pointing toward the ground.

And did you realy need to put a whole new section for just one unit.

Great work though waiting for final pack biggrin.gif

hey is that mission not there anymore? I tried d/ling earlier and the servers were full, and i just went back and got an error saying that the file might not be there anymore.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (e.t. @ April 11 2003,06wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey is that mission not there anymore?  I tried d/ling earlier and the servers were full, and i just went back and got an error saying that the file might not be there anymore.<span id='postcolor'>

If at first you don't succeed, try try again! confused.gif

I'm sure it's a FileFront hiccup. They had a few yesterday. Otherwise, they are normally quite reliable.

Hmmmmmmmmm. there is a problem. Checking .........

edit: Yep, hiccups. The file is there but there are server connection problems.

I was just coming in to post the same thing...I tried to send mail to you Avon, but I think my ISP pooped out and sent it back to me crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ April 11 2003,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was just coming in to post the same thing...I tried to send mail to you Avon, but I think my ISP pooped out and sent it back to me  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you're hosted by FileFront? crazy.giftounge.gif

ok thanks...but i crashed near the end of the cinematic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (e.t. @ April 11 2003,08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok thanks...but i crashed near the end of the cinematic.<span id='postcolor'>

Anyone else have this problem? I just reran it to make sure. No problems.

Can you run the original "02: Ambush" SP mission without crashing?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ April 11 2003,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It runs OK here.<span id='postcolor'>

E.T., you might have a general problem that causes crashing under certain conditions.

Search The FAQ for "mission crash" and refer to the 2nd matching FAQ entry.

you can turn off rifle tracers which is more realistic, and the MGs still have them so that's what i do.

Please tell me you'll make a few more units like this. Also, how about adding a marine with a shotgun in the next beta?

Hello.

Heh, another idea on those coded vests.

Why not include a 3rd pbo in the upcomming pack with a single cpp file. This would introduce another subcategory in the unit selection menu, let's say "USMC MP". Those units would stick to default BIS armour levels, while soldiers placed under USMC would feature incresed armour levels, just like BAS units.

Woops, i guess i should post thisn under addons: discussion, but what the hell...

I found a bug:

When you watch at the goggles of one marine you can see what is going on behind it. I think this happens, because the goggles are a part of the helmet but they are a little see-through

Sounds a little strange, but I hope you get what I'm talking about smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (9mm @ April 12 2003,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello.

Heh, another idea on those coded vests.

Why not include a 3rd pbo in the upcomming pack with a single cpp file. This would introduce another subcategory in the unit selection menu, let's say "USMC MP". Those units would stick to default BIS armour levels, while soldiers placed under USMC would feature incresed armour levels, just like BAS units.

Woops, i guess i should post thisn under addons: discussion, but what the hell...<span id='postcolor'>

Great idea. Please consider implementing this Suchey, as it would be a lot more realistic. As they are now I find the marines die far too easily. confused.gif

Well the only thing that makes those vests any better than the old vests are the ceramic inserts and some soldiers and marines don't wear them because they are very heavy. I just think of it like they aren't wearing ceramic inserts.

Miles Teg or Hellfish might be able to tell you more about that though.