Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 05 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But one simple noobie question  confused.gif  (OMG 2stoned2kill's asking a noobie question  biggrin.gif )

I have that BAS rotorwash.sqs .

But what do i have to type in the initialization ??<span id='postcolor'>

read the readme its in there smile.gif

The stingers on both sides had pure white above them. I will email you a pic when I have more time... (only in crash model)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 05 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But one simple noobie question  confused.gif

I have that BAS rotorwash.sqs .

But what do i have to type in the initialization ??<span id='postcolor'>

Online read me

http://www.concept-5.com/ballist....dme.txt

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Included with the OH-58 Pack is TJ's special effects scripts. Code to use these scripts follows.

To deactivate the script, type "nodust" into the helicopters init line in the editor.

The script comes with the ability to change the colour of the dust, so it is realistic in many different environments.

To utilise this effect, complete the following steps:

1) Select the terrain from the following list

1 = Desert (lots of dust)

2 = Nogova / Malden / kolgujev (limited dust, suited to such Islands)

3 = Ia Drang / Vietnam (lots of red dust)

4 = Winter / Snowy maps (white snow clouds)

2) So you have chosen your terrain type, in this example it is a winter map:

type the following code into your helicopters init line

[this,4,1] exec "\BAS_Kiowapack\Engine\rotorwash.sqs"

This will produce snowy rotorwash from your Kiowawarrior.

3) To use this in any other terrain, simply change the 4 to 1, 2, or 3.

<span id='postcolor'>

The rotorwash scripts will execute AUTOMATICALLY, its only if you want to use the heli's in mp that you have to code anything wink.gif

Nice models. But i must say i where a bit disapointed by the textures. The textures look like the bis models, which i think isnt very good, just tainted black. The textures on the littlebirds are 100 times better.

Also a bug. When you fire the first smoke ffar the message "sound empty not found" pop up when it explodes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The rotorwash scripts will execute AUTOMATICALLY, its only if you want to use the heli's in mp that you have to code anything wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I mean for all other choppers

*EDIT*

tnx i know how it works now biggrin.gif its really nice

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 05 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wich map is that ?? Is it the desert side of Nogova ??<span id='postcolor'>

STT Desert Malden.

Anyway, the helo is pretty nice but IMO it isn´t holy-shit-amazing-best-addon-ever, I think people only say that because it´s BAS. But it´s still a good addon.

A few things:

- The downwash doesn´t work automatically for me, only in the demo mission. Is it supposed to work by default?

- The .50 cal sounds weak, and the helo uses crappy ole BIS sounds.

- Maybe you could use some smoke effects when you launch hellfires and rockets? Also, empty shell casings from the .50 would be nice. Don´t know how the weapons really work, so correct me if I´m wrong.

[this,4,1] exec "\BAS_Kiowapack\Engine\rotorwash.sqs" ===> for winter rotorwash

[this,1,1] exec "\BAS_Kiowapack\Engine\rotorwash.sqs" ===> for desert rotorwash

etc ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Included with the OH-58 Pack is TJ's special effects scripts. Code to use these scripts follows.

To deactivate the script, type "nodust" into the helicopters init line in the editor.

The script comes with the ability to change the colour of the dust, so it is realistic in many different environments.

To utilise this effect, complete the following steps:

1) Select the terrain from the following list

1 = Desert (lots of dust)

2 = Nogova / Malden / kolgujev (limited dust, suited to such Islands)

3 = Ia Drang / Vietnam (lots of red dust)

4 = Winter / Snowy maps (white snow clouds)

2) So you have chosen your terrain type, in this example it is a winter map:

type the following code into your helicopters init line

[this,4,1] exec "\BAS_Kiowapack\Engine\rotorwash.sqs"

This will produce snowy rotorwash from your Kiowawarrior.

3) To use this in any other terrain, simply change the 4 to 1, 2, or 3<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lee_H._Oswald @ April 05 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its "sst desert malden" which comes with that desert pack.

MfG Lee wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wich desert pack ??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ April 05 2003,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 05 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wich map is that ?? Is it the desert side of Nogova ??<span id='postcolor'>

STT Desert Malden.

Anyway, the helo is pretty nice but IMO it isn´t holy-shit-amazing-best-addon-ever, I think people only say that because it´s BAS. But it´s still a good addon.

A few things:

- The downwash doesn´t work automatically for me, only in the demo mission. Is it supposed to work by default?

- Maybe you could use some smoke effects when you launch hellfires and rockets? Also, empty shell casings from the .50 would be nice. Don´t know how the weapons really work, so correct me if I´m wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

- the download is supposed to work by default yes.

- about the empty shell casing... it is not posible to do that on a aircraft in ofp (ofp engine limit)

Found out a very Funny thing!

Take a BAS Ranger/Delta and stand near a Kiowa.

Now let a person enter the kiowa as pilot an give the command to start the engine!

Absolutly Great!!!!!

MfG Lee biggrin.gif

P.S. Try Lower googles!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ April 05 2003,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ April 05 2003,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 05 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wich map is that ?? Is it the desert side of Nogova ??<span id='postcolor'>

STT Desert Malden.

A few things:

- Maybe you could use some smoke effects when you launch hellfires and rockets? Also, empty shell casings from the .50 would be nice. Don´t know how the weapons really work, so correct me if I´m wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

- the download is supposed to work by default yes.

- about the empty shell casing... it is not posible to do that on a aircraft in ofp (ofp engine limit)<span id='postcolor'>

DKM's RAH-66 has it ?? so i din't think its the limit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lee_H._Oswald @ April 04 2003,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Found out a very Funny thing!

Take a BAS Ranger/Delta and stand near a Kiowa.

Now let a person enter the kiowa as pilot an give the command to start the engine!

Absolutly Great!!!!!

MfG Lee biggrin.gif

P.S. Try Lower googles!<span id='postcolor'>

Very slick.

Will that be retrofitted to all BAS Helos?

Yes, all of our helos are getting scripts like these added to them, as deadmeat explained earlier we are slowly changing the classnames in the editor, because if we kept it as it was you would have had:

BAS - Special Ops Men

BAS - Special Ops Vehicles

BAS - US Army Vehicles

BAS - Marine Corp Vehicles

Which seemed a little excessive, so over the course of the updates of our addons they will move into either:

BAS - Men

BAS - Vehicles

They will also be given a plethora of new scripts, its really amazing what TJ is doing on some of the helicopters you havent seen in a while, you may be wanting the MH-60L soon but we felt modifying the BIS helo was not good enough (as it is...well...an ugly model), so there has been an overhaul, and believe me, it looks fantastic, you should probably expect the MH-47E next and it is very very different from the last version, maybe not in cosmetics but in scripts it is amazingly realistic.

The OH-58 was a relatively minor project that we felt the public needed, it may not give the 'OH MY GOD' factor of previous addons, but as i said it was a little side project that we felt people wanted and we feel its turned out very well.

Also a hint for you guys just finding out what happens when you stand in the dust as a Delta/Ranger, try lowering your goggles smile.gif Finally they have a use smile.gif

Very nice surprice! Been wating for this to happen  smile.gif

However I found a problem with all Kiowas that have a .50 cal MG... On them the mast mounted sight (MMS) doesn't tilt nor swiwel (sp?) if jumping in as gunner? Zoom seems to work...

Also wonder if you managed to "fix" the laser designator to work in multiplayer when two players enters the same Kiowa as gunner and pilot?

Major KUDOS to all BAS members. Keep up your great work!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Great work guys!

I love the smoke missiles smile.gif

But can it be that the .50 machine gun has a bug? Now smoke and no muzzle flash confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 05 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it may not give the 'OH MY GOD' factor of previous addons,<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe not, but the Demo mission surely did..

Can't remember the last time I had so much fun with such a small chopper biggrin.gif

More answers:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However I found a problem with all Kiowas that have a .50 cal MG... On them the mast mounted sight (MMS) doesn't tilt nor swiwel (sp?) if jumping in as gunner? Zoom seems to work...

<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the good old 1 gun per vehicle thing... the gun has to be configured as the "OtocHlaven" and "OtocVez" selections (these provide the turret rotation and aiming)

On the normal Kiowas the Mast Mounted Sight (MMS) is defined as these selections, but for the 50 cal versions the gun has to be these selections, so the MMS has to revert to being static...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But can it be that the .50 machine gun has a bug? Now smoke and no muzzle flash<span id='postcolor'>

We didn't include the muzzel flash, as we felt that the smoke produced a suitably realistic effect. Plus, in real life most weapons do not produce a muzzel flash unless you are fireing blanks...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats the good old 1 gun per vehicle thing... the gun has to be configured as the "OtocHlaven" and "OtocVez" selections (these provide the turret rotation and aiming)<span id='postcolor'>

DeadMeat, thanks for clarifying! May be a good item for the README.TXT?

A few more issues I found while testing...

1. I also get the "Sound empty not found" msgbox when firing the first M439 Smoke Rocket (I know you already know about this but just wanted to mention it).

2. Enemy infantry does not fire at the Kiowa. They are usually quite leathal when flying your Littlebird and I would assume that enemy would engage any low flying chopper in RL. I know that enemy infantry ignore BIS original choppers (the Kiowa included) until you land them. Hoped yours would be different.

Thanks again!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. I also get the "Sound empty not found" msgbox when firing the first M439 Smoke Rocket (I know you already know about this but just wanted to mention it).

<span id='postcolor'>

What version of ofp are you using? As there is an abundance of scripts you may need 1.91, im using 1.91 and have no such error message