Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

About the SP Demo mission, well it all works fine, and I haven't had that LD prob Avon is having.I simply right click on the building, gunner targets it, I tell "3" to engage Laser Target, and he does...SOMETIMES..That's the prob.Sometimes the Apache just sits there.I've tried telling him to move to a different location thinking that maybe it was because he couldn't see the target, I told him to LOOK in the direction of the target, but nothing.He just sits there confused.gif .Also, when he does engage, he fires all his Hellfires at it and destroys it, but he's outta Hells to take out the second one sad.gif .

Apart from this, I haven't noticed ANY of the "bugs" people are talking about, everything seems to work how it's supposed to.I run 1.91.

About the illumination rockets: they don't seem to illuminate much for long.Basically the time it takes for the rocket to get from the pod to the target.Are you supposed to fire them up as if they were flares?I thought when I first saw them that it'd be like firing an inert rocket that when it hits the ground, would light up like a flare, but no.It's probably just the way I'm using it so if anyone could explain? smile.gif Thanks

Good job BAS wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ April 06 2003,18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I run 1.91.<span id='postcolor'>

Me, too. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 06 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For the MH47 I was thinking of booting out all the dead AI on a crash.......if you guys dont want that just say.......and say SOON........<span id='postcolor'>

how about a random selection that lets only a few get kicked out? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 06 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For the MH47 I was thinking of booting out all the dead AI on a crash.......if you guys dont want that just say.......and say SOON........<span id='postcolor'>

how about a random selection that lets only a few get kicked out?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well that would look odd.. 10 people or so from the cargo all dead in the same place..

but a random selection would be cool smile.gif

Lets clear this whole black thing up eh?

Black ones

oh-58d-dvic318.jpg

oh-58_fire.jpg

Green ones

oh-58d-dvic319.jpg

kiowa9.jpg

Black and green one (same lighting)

kiowa2.jpg

nuff said...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ April 06 2003,15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how the hell do cd drives break your cd? its just a laser looking at the cd  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Fast CD drives can break a CD.. It happened to a friend of mine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ April 06 2003,18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ April 06 2003,15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how the hell do cd drives break your cd? its just a laser looking at the cd  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Fast CD drives can break a CD.. It happened to a friend of mine.<span id='postcolor'>

i also ones broke my CD because when i go work on models or something i need the normal ofp cd and the res cd was somehere on my desk a few hours then it fell on the ground.

Guest jacobaby

Illumination rockets;

Fire em up like flares. I'm afraid you only get the same illumination time as a standrd flare.

however, I attached a light source to the smokes that can be seen at night, and they last a little longer.(45 secs)

TJ

Well, I didn't bother to read 9 pages to see if anyone had already reported this so here goes.

I was crusing around Nogova just blowing up stuff with the Kiowa FFAR\.50 Cal, flying around minding my own business then this message came up when trying to use the laser designator.

lasererror.jpg

[EDIT] Might note that this was v1.1 of the Kiowa pack.

[EDIT] LOL, I keep forgetting to mention everything. I'm also using OFP:R v1.91

4th time I edit, yes i'm a big noob. TJ, I love your drop-command scripts, the effects are amaizing. Yes, the choppers are really nice too, well, the new guns and textures that is.

Well, as i've allready said, anything to do with the laser is more a BIS problem, as all we have done is stuck the BIS laser onto these helo's...

Try doing the same thing with the BIS Kiowa, see if you get the same error, then switch back to BAS Kiowas, and see if the error pops up... I'm interested to see what happens

I went right away and tested it after I saw you ask that I try again with both BAS and BIS version of the choppers. So, I again tried the Kiowa FFAR\.50 Cal and the original OH from BIS.

BAS

lasererror1.jpg

BIS

lasererror2.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Loc-Dog @ April 06 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BAS

BIS<span id='postcolor'>

/hums theme from "Dragnet"

Spammer avon tounge.gif

Loc-Dog... well... what can I say... there really should be no reason for the error you are getting, as it is simply the BIS Laser Designator weapon on our helo... I'll have a dig in the respective cpp's and see what i can find...

[Edit] too many lllll's tounge.gif [/Edit]

Well... I really have no explanation to your error Loc-Dog...

I have scoured the cpp for the BIS Kiowa, the BAS kiowa, laserguided (the pbo that introduces the Laser designator in version 1.30) and v1.91 of the game, and there is no mention of the "LaserTagertC" anywhere...

Also, I have tested the kiowa on my system, Raptor-Man's system, and OPFEditors system, and none of us encountered this error...

It may be your OFP version, there is no reason the game engine should try to create a "LaserTargetC", as it is not mentioned in any of the cpp's or scripts... i really don't know...

will there be any colours such as desert schemes?

dunno but im sure the ones in Iraq r in desert coulours or its just those damn vid phones looking crap again.

Thats it for the Kiowas I'm afraid... unless anyone points out any MAJOR bug, then we will update, but no new texture schemes...

Most aircraft reamin in either Olive drab, "Ghost" grey, or Matt Black, no matter what environment they are in (except the Marine helos, which adopt the three tone marine camo)

But, to stop blabbering, we [bAS] have no plans on desert versions of these helicopters...

Has anyone seen the kiowa addon pictures on flashpoint.ru?

Can anyone tell me which islands these are?

They look awesome!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MLF @ April 06 2003,13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will there be any colours such as desert schemes?

dunno but im sure the ones in Iraq r in desert coulours or its just those damn vid phones looking crap again.<span id='postcolor'>

i stated this earlier. the ones in iraq right now are in fact matte black (like BAS ones).

With the Smoke Rockets, half the time they aren't working for me. They'll just hit the ground and blow up. Most of the time one of the two only works.

to BIS:

the most thing IMHO i think people will like in helos its when the bullets hitting main engine or rotor it will stop...

also it would be cool if you add a tech-issue script so after random time engine will stop and you will have to fire it up again...and it will happen when you flying fast or making any tricks...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 06 2003,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It may be your OFP version, there is no reason the game engine should try to create a "LaserTargetC", as it is not mentioned in any of the cpp's or scripts... i really don't know...<span id='postcolor'>

It may very likely be a conflicting addon.

Try placing the BAS addons in a separate mod folder (search The FAQ for "mod folders") and see if the problem is resolved.

If it's not resolved, then the next question is are you placing unofficial addons in your \Res\AddOns folder? You preferably shouldn't. Search The FAQ for "unofficial addons". In this case, remove all unoficial addons from \Res\AddOns and run OFP with the BAS mod folder, as suggested above.

If that doesn't help, well, I tried. confused.gif

So, the ratio of decent West choppers to East choppers is approaching 20:1 now?

Thank god for the Mi2!

I think the addons are great, but for most MP games, it's not much fun with the Soviets limited to 2 attack choppers (Mi24, Kamov) and then mostly cargo choppers (Mi17, Mi26, Mi2).

The west choppers on the other hand (AH64, AH1, OH58, Littlebirds, CH47d and variants, UH60 and variants,Comanche, etc., etc., etc.) far outnumber the East ones.

Don't even get me started on jets.

I guess what I'm getting at is wouldn't it be more fun with some competition?

Great job as always on the Kiowas!

I kind of already have the Kiowa addon in a addon folder with shortcut wink.gif I moved it to the main folder and the error didn't show. Guess I should hve tried that first b4 I complained about it.... crazy.gif

OK, I did some tesing with a quick mission editor mission using BIS' Kiowa and BAS' FFAR+LTD model.

The player starts flying his Kiowa. There's an Apache grouped under the players command. The only other vehicle is an enemy BMP.

I start off by telling the Apache to HALT so I can go take out the BMP with FFARs. Once that's done, I right click to get NO TARGET. Then I switch to the LTD and tell the Apache to fall back into formation.

We fly to Petrovice where I have no problem designating any building and the diamond LTD reticule stays fixed on the targeted building. The Apache starts attacking the lased target even before I issue the TARGET command.

So this is working normally for both the BAS and BIS Kiowas. In the BAS demo SP mission, however, I cannot get to LTD's reticule to afix itself on the target buildings.

There must be something in the mission or in a script that's inhibiting this.

Must logoff and close my eyes. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We fly to Petrovice where I have no problem designating any building and the diamond LTD reticule stays fixed on the targeted building. The Apache starts attacking the lased target even before I issue the TARGET command.<span id='postcolor'>

did he kill that mean old red laser dot? tounge.gif