Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

heh, probably yeah...

about the "sound empty not found" bug, do you run GOTY or CWC with RES upgrade?

will look at the threat values.. but I got shot down a fair bit during testing confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 05 2003,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What version of ofp are you using? As there is an abundance of scripts you may need 1.91, im using 1.91 and have no such error message<span id='postcolor'>

Could be the culprit since I'm using version 1.90. Will update to 1.91.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

about the "sound empty not found" bug, do you run GOTY or CWC with RES upgrade?

<span id='postcolor'>

I'm running CWC with the RES upgrade. Will update to 1.91.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

will look at the threat values.. but I got shot down a fair bit during testing confused.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Just did a small test mission, first with the new Kiowa and all the enemy infantry just ignored me. Swapped the helicopter to your Littlebird and got shot down by the enemy machinegunners within a few sec's.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Guest jacobaby

KNOWN (now) bugs in the initial release;

Sound error for smoke rockets;

Fire effects in SP not working;

Open cargo space;

Threat values in cpp need adjusting

Running a non standard dust script resulting in two versions running.

These things have been fixed. A lot of the FX I developed for the MH47, and we decided to tack them on to the Kiowa. We aim for realism as far as possible, and hope you think the effects add to that. For individual mission makers there is a red flare effect included that you could use for landing markers etc, ask me if you want to know more.

As I type Deadmeat is applying the fixes and will be uploading that shortly. Thanks for the reports.

Oh yeah, Brace yourselves for the MH47E which will probably be released next maybe, hopefully in the not too distant future.

TJ

Thanks for the info TJ...

Have you guys managed to get the Kiowa Laser Designator working in MP with two players in the same helicopter? With BIS original Kiowa I can get things to work with an AI as pilot but as soon another player jumps into the pilot seat the LD doesn't work as it should so I almost given up? Would love to do some realistic co-op missions where you act like a spotter/target designator for a couple of Apaches lurking behind a ridge.

One more tiny question... I'm sure you have your reasons but why black? All pictures I've seen of the Kiowa shows it olive green?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 05 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, all of our helos are getting scripts like these added to them, as deadmeat explained earlier we are slowly changing the classnames in the editor, because if we kept it as it was you would have had:

BAS - Special Ops Men

BAS - Special Ops Vehicles

BAS - US Army Vehicles

BAS - Marine Corp Vehicles

Which seemed a little excessive, so over the course of the updates of our addons they will move into either:

BAS - Men

BAS - Vehicles

....<span id='postcolor'>

please think over this....

if you change the editor- classes, you´d have to update EVERY map, ever came out with the deltas/ rangers.

but if you keep the classes, the units ingame would kinda update themselves.

and actually:

the final result will be almost no difference... instead of scrolling the list OF classes, you´d have to scroll around IN the classes....

anyways:

great job again on those helos. and for the fast update/ bugfix smile.gif

-cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,20:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Due to the nature of the bugs, version 1.1 of the kiowa pack is now out. All current bugs have been fixed  biggrin.gif

Kiowa Pack 1.1 (Zip)

Kiowa Pack 1.1 (Rar)<span id='postcolor'>

An update in less then 24 hours, thats cool biggrin.gif

im for idea with changing class like:

BAS - Vehicles

BAS - Soldiers

so in editor classes it will be more easy and beautifull for eye..:)

as for pack great work again from BAS!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 05 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please think over this....

if you change the editor- classes, you´d have to update EVERY map, ever came out with the deltas/ rangers.

but if you keep the classes, the units ingame would kinda update themselves.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually no, because we are not changing the classes, only this line in the cpp:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">vehicleclass="BAS - vehicles";<span id='postcolor'>

so it has NO effect whatsoever on any missions allready made...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 05 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please think over this....

but if you keep the classes, the units ingame would kinda update themselves.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually no, because we are not changing the classes, only this line in the cpp:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">vehicleclass="BAS - vehicles";<span id='postcolor'>

so it has NO effect whatsoever on any missions allready made...<span id='postcolor'>

can i ask you how you will chagnge it?

just reliasing small file or players gonna be need to redownload all again?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 05 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please think over this....

so it has NO effect whatsoever on any missions allready made...<span id='postcolor'>

ahhh, well... then its fine for me biggrin.gif

didnt know that wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abrams @ April 05 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can i ask you how you will chagnge it?

just reliasing small file or players gonna be need to redownload all again?<span id='postcolor'>

It will be a whole new download, but it will be tied in with things like new scripts, new anims, model improvements, extra items, cpp improvements... and they are only relatively small downloads...

a few mb compaired to 100's for a total conversion mod...

and before anyone complains about 56k's ... I'm one, and I've uploaded the Kiowas over 20 times in the last week, as well as other file transfers, so i know your pain....

When you update the littlebird pack could you make the targeting device on the MD500D move like on the Kiowa??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KeyCat @ April 05 2003,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One more tiny question... I'm sure you have your reasons but why black? All pictures I've seen of the Kiowa shows it olive green?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)<span id='postcolor'>

apperently you dont watch CNN  wink.gif  the OH58D that are/were traveling with that giant tank armada rolling across iraq were black.watched them refuel. watched them rearm. they are black biggrin.gif

OH58-1.jpg

like this! smile.gif

Nice surprise to see these released! smile.gif

One quick question. What's up with the included engine warm-up script by Nagual? It doesn't seem to work. I put warmup = true into the birds init, but I can take off just like always.

Also, where can I find this script to use it with all my choppers in a mission?

thanks BAS, as always phenominal addons deserving of a standing ovation. tounge.gif

Thanks for the picture Too Tall... Don't have much of CNN here in Sweden so I havn't seen the armada you are talking about. Do have BBC and been following the Iraq crisis wink.gif

Guess I was custom to the grey/green ones in Longbow 2. If you have a joystick, collective and rudders NOE flying is great fun in Flashpoint, just wished we hade some (all ;-) of the avionics from Longbow 2 combined with the rest of Flashpoint.

@BAS team: Thanks for fast update! With 1.10 the sound error is gone (still using 1.90) and enemy infantry engage as it should...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

This addon is nice, but what does it have that makes me not want to use the BIS Kiowa? A New paint job and a startup sound aren't enough to make me want to use these more than the regular Kiowa  sad.gif

The cargo area is still innaccessable, the FFAR pods have 3 rockets when there are clearly 7 tubes, the textures are identical to Kegety's Kiowa Warrior, this addon just doesn't seem up to snuff with BAS standards.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ April 06 2003,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The cargo area is still innaccessable, the FFAR pods have 3 rockets when there are clearly 7 tubes, the textures are identical to Kegety's Kiowa Warrior, this addon just doesn't seem up to snuff with BAS standards.<span id='postcolor'>

As far as i know the Kiowa Warrior doesnt have back seats, for the FFAR pods, press space, you will find smoke and illumination rockets, these have been added as the Kiowa is not a primary attack helicopter we have made it so that it can point out targets to attack helicopters such as the Apache, the textures are from Fliper i believe, but basically the same method was used, its just colour channel editing the textures, simple to do but the difference between this being a low-work addon that people seem to enjoy and it doesnt interfere with our other more prominent projects to it being a full blown time consuming project as we have to make new textures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ April 06 2003,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This addon is nice, but what does it have that makes me not want to use the BIS Kiowa? A New paint job and a startup sound aren't enough to make me want to use these more than the regular Kiowa  sad.gif

The cargo area is still innaccessable, the FFAR pods have 3 rockets when there are clearly 7 tubes, the textures are identical to Kegety's Kiowa Warrior, this addon just doesn't seem up to snuff with BAS standards.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree.. I had expected a much better addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 06 2003,04:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as i know the Kiowa Warrior doesnt have back seats, for the FFAR pods, press space, you will find smoke and illumination rockets, these have been added as the Kiowa is not a primary attack helicopter we have made it so that it can point out targets to attack helicopters such as the Apache, the textures are from Fliper i believe, but basically the same method was used, its just colour channel editing the textures, simple to do but the difference between this being a low-work addon that people seem to enjoy and it doesnt interfere with our other more prominent projects to it being a full blown time consuming project as we have to make new textures.<span id='postcolor'>

The TH57, however, should have a back seat even if the Kiowa doesn't:

TH57.jpg

And I've hit space pleanty of times and the smoke and illumination rockets don't seem to show up  confused.gif