Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ April 06 2003,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I've hit space pleanty of times and the smoke and illumination rockets don't seem to show up  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The rockets are there if you have a heli equipped with FFAR's

just curious but could u give an update soon on some of your Marine choppers? It's something i'd really love to see and use with all of Suchey's marines.

for everyone complianing about these helos....i gotta question for you. what exactly did u expect to be done to these things to make them so "wonderful" as u want them to be... its a scout helo...with 2 small weapons pods and a laser designator...tahts all it is..its not a cargo helo...its not an attack helo.. its not some super duper fancy helo that u want it to be.. its plai nand simple..there isnt much BAS could do with it to make it "awsome!". the downwash script..the weapons loadouts..and finaly a black OH58..err a GOOD black OH58 is what it has been made into by BAS. they took a rinky dinky little BIS helo and made it better.

if u dont think its all that great do the following

* go to your OFP addons folder

* highlight the BAS kiowa warrior.pbo file

* press "delete"

* stop bitching:angry:

and your "problem" is solved.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the picture Too Tall... Don't have much of CNN here in Sweden so I havn't seen the armada you are talking about. Do have BBC and been following the Iraq crisis <span id='postcolor'>

sorry i was under the impression CNN was brodcasted in all the countries...my bad. and that pic was from BAS site too btw. smile.gif

Edit:

BAS you delivered an addon PERFECT for my needs and hopefuly my upcoming mod smile.gif thanks again BAS.

This is a very nice helo addon. I'm enjoying the SP demo mission - up to a point.

After rearming with stinger, I've taken down the Hind and proceed to the town to lase the 2 com buildings, with my Apache in tow.

I can't see to designate the buildings. What's the catch, if any? I've changed weapons to the LTD, left click and then tell the Apache to target the laser target.

I also find it difficult to hold the laser's diamond reticule on the target. Any pointers?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,10:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a very nice helo addon. I'm enjoying the SP demo mission - up to a point.

After rearming with stinger, I've taken down the Hind and proceed to the town to lase the 2 com buildings, with my Apache in tow.

I can't see to designate the buildings. What's the catch, if any? I've changed weapons to the LTD, left click and then tell the Apache to target the laser target.

I also find it difficult to hold the laser's diamond reticule on the target. Any pointers?<span id='postcolor'>

maybe if you tell the gunner to target those buildings with the laser designator and then tell the apache to target the laserdot on the building it will work easyer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 06 2003,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry i was under the impression CNN was brodcasted in all the countries...my bad. and that pic was from BAS site too btw. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hrmm.. Maybe he lives in a cave somewhere up in Lappland cuz here in Stockholm you can watch CNN 24/7 if that is your wish tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ April 06 2003,11:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe if you tell the gunner to target those buildings with the laser designator and then tell the apache to target the laserdot on the building it will work easyer<span id='postcolor'>

Not working.

If I select my gunner, a right click just zooms in my 1st person view. A left click tells him to go to wherever I was pointing.

If I don't select my gunner, the left click issues a fire order. The LTD diamond reticule doesn't stay in place.

Seemed to work fine with the boats at the start of the mission. Confused. sad.gif

edit: Well it's sorta working now. Lowered my altitude and it started behaving differently. Will twiddle around with it some more.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lee_H._Oswald @ April 05 2003,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Found out a very Funny thing!

Take a BAS Ranger/Delta and stand near a Kiowa.

Now let a person enter the kiowa as pilot an give the command to start the engine!

Absolutly Great!!!!!

MfG Lee biggrin.gif

P.S. Try Lower googles!<span id='postcolor'>

Now get far away from your chopper, blow it up, and walk up next to it, lol.

'Medic! I'm getting burnt here!...'

lmao

Nope. When I've got the regular crosshair on one of the command buildings, I left click and this issues a FIRE order instead of a TARGET order. The crosshair turns into a dot but the diamond LTD reticule is floating off to the side.

Frustrated. crazy.gif

Just noticed something. After I've targeted the Hind, issued the fire order and downed it with a Stinger, they white dot that is normally within the regular crosshaor reticule is still pointing to the downded Hind on the ground.

When I switch to the LTD. the white dot does not return to the front of the chopper within the crosshairs. Argh! crazy.gif

as for the mission:

i simply told all AIs in my group to disembark, hopped in the apache and blew the command posts up by myself tounge.gif

maybe a bug?:

how come you dont hear the foxy engine startup sound when you declare your mission as a MP mission?

the sound wont play as soon as you activate the "mpgame=true" command in a mission.

did i get something wrong in the readme?

thats a nice helo as i said.

it would be very nice to have cargo in TH-57...

as for updates of classes with new versions of addons i think thats a good idea...

i cant wait for MH-47E! Hope you will make script so it will transport jeeps...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as for the mission:

i simply told all AIs in my group to disembark, hopped in the apache and blew the command posts up by myself  tounge.gif

maybe a bug?:<span id='postcolor'>

You had the same problem?

Oh! I feel better already! biggrin.gif

Bug? Whose? BIS'? BAS'? A mission bug? Addon bug? LTD bug?

Guest jacobaby

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe a bug?:

how come you dont hear the foxy engine startup sound when you declare your mission as a MP mission?

the sound wont play as soon as you activate the "mpgame=true" command in a mission.

did i get something wrong in the readme?<span id='postcolor'>

Well spotted, I'm glad people are noticing the extra effects we included. biggrin.gif

The foxy sound is actually a real sound from a UH-60 AUX power unit.

On the local side the sounds are run by an eventhandler. I cancelled those effects for different scripts by means of the mpgame variable, to make sure all choppers could have the effects available.

I deliberately left the sound out thinking nobody would notice (well done you!wink.gif, but if you are keen to get it back, you could do this;

Unpbo the PBO and goto the folder called "Engine". Once there open the script "global.sqs"

Then put the bit that says

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

?(mpgame):exit<span id='postcolor'>

AFTER the bit that says

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

? (getpos _oh58 select 2) < 5:_oh58 say "kiopowerup"

<span id='postcolor'>

Resave and repack the PBO and all should be fine.

If you need help with it just PM me and i'll do it gladly. Im just pleased the effects are getting noticed.

Also please note there may be an error in the readme you have.

To get the effects working properly in MP you have to run

"\BAS_Kiowapack\mpscripts\mprotorwash.sqs",

NOT "\bas_kiowapack\engine\rotorwash.sqs".

Thats my fault for not checking the readme properly. As I say though I THINK it has been updated since.

If anybody makes any GOOD missions for MP using the KIOWAS, please could you let me have them for my server. All BAS addons are suitable, and Seb Nam, but no others please.

Thanks Guys

TJ

Now here's something I noticed. Maybe it's connected.

Restarted the mission. Changed weapon to LTD. Joined up with 3 Kiowas and issued ATTACK BOATS command. Targeted boats and they all got destroyed - very fast BTW.

Was told to head over towards the convoy. I switched weapons to Hellfires. Why is the LTD diamond still visibile in the front of my cockpit window?

Also, when I switch between weapons to LTD, the chopper makes a bit of a jump. Strange.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Was told to head over towards the convoy. I switched weapons to Hellfires. Why is the LTD diamond still visibile in the front of my cockpit window?<span id='postcolor'>

maybe because it is still firing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as for the mission:

i simply told all AIs in my group to disembark, hopped in the apache and blew the command posts up by myself  tounge.gif

maybe a bug?:<span id='postcolor'>

You had the same problem?

Oh! I feel better already! biggrin.gif

Bug? Whose? BIS'? BAS'? A mission bug? Addon bug? LTD bug?<span id='postcolor'>

hm naaah

i ment the engine sound in MP maps, that doenst appear

back to the mission:

i had problems, when i first played it. i couldnt assign the houses as targets to my gunner when i was nearby. but actually you can assign them from some distance (i think around 500).

the weird thing is that hellfires wont do the job on blowing up the houses, but ffars do.

afaik the apaches attack the original OH58 laser target with ffars too. somehow they wont engange the BAS oh58d laser targets with them.... at least in the demo mission.

hint:

oh and if both houses are destroyed but the objective wont tick, check the mi24 to be destroyed, because it sometimes didnt explode, when i crashed

-greetings

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ April 06 2003,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Was told to head over towards the convoy. I switched weapons to Hellfires. Why is the LTD diamond still visibile in the front of my cockpit window?<span id='postcolor'>

maybe because it is still firing.<span id='postcolor'>

But I switched weapons! Nothing I press (mouse buttons) gives the NO TARGET command.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i had problems, when i first played it. i couldnt assign the houses as targets to my gunner when i was nearby. but actually you can assign them from some distance (i think around 500).<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't found that to be a sure cure. Tried both close and far.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the weird thing is that hellfires wont do the job on blowing up the houses, but ffars do.<span id='postcolor'>

The few times I managed to hit a com building, I noticed that, too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">afaik the apaches attack the original OH58 laser target with ffars too. somehow they wont engange the BAS oh58d laser targets with them.... at least in the demo mission.

<span id='postcolor'>

Something is bugged. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hint:

oh and if both houses are destroyed but the objective wont tick, check the mi24 to be destroyed, because it sometimes didnt explode, when i crashed<span id='postcolor'>

Just for reference, the Hind is on fire once it crashes to the ground. The white dot is still centered on the Hind after that.

Guest jacobaby

as regards the laser, once you have the diamond, you have to press fire again to get back to the dot while in LD mode.

Thats not something we did, its the game.

TJ

The mission is VERY buggy. It kick me to my desktop when I'm going to cahnge my chopper for the second time (after finding the base and going on the CAS mission)

For all of you having issues with the LTD, don't blame us, its the BIS standard LTD (well... the one that came with the Kiowa in 1.30)

Regarding the missions, please email to ballistic@concept-5.com with ALL of the errors/bugs reported in that mail... if you don't list the bugs it'll get deleted...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 06 2003,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as regards the laser, once you have the diamond, you have to press fire again to get back to the dot while in LD mode.

Thats not something we did, its the game.

TJ<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but the dot doesn't necessarily go back to the front of the chopper where the crosshairs are. That's the problem.