Sign in to follow this  
edc

How long have you had ofp?

Resistance, the Friday it was supposed to be release, I had waited so long for it, and then I couldn't find it in any store! The weekend was ruined! On Monday when I bought it, I asked the guy in the store, and he said another store he also works in got it on the Friday sad.gif

yeah, looks like most folks here have been in it for the long haul. I live in the U.S., and could not wait, so of course, I bought the UK version online a week or so after it came out.

What's funny is I only paid $25.00 (US) for the UK version - the game was $49.00 (US) when it came out in the states.

Gotta love those currency conversions. wink.gif

I don't have it yet, I think it got lost in the post sad.gif

Got the demo first hour it was released, got Flashpoint the day it was released, got gold edition day it was released, got resistance day it was released ( hell, i even drove to supplier to get it a day earlier ) ... smile.gif

I got the demo from a PC Zone mag cover disc, thought this is my type of game, so brought it on day of release, didnt get RH, and brough Resistance only a couple of months ago smile.gif

Downloaded original Demo on 56k

Pre-Ordered US Version CWC while downloading Euro Version (Bad Boy!wink.gif

Amazon shipped too soon and I had it 3 days before it came out here.

Got Resistance sometime last October, its hard on a college budget.

First, I got the demo (which was like an unhealthy addiction, lol biggrin.gif ). That got me hooked on OFP. Then... on Christmas Day 2002... I opened the christmas wrapping paper to find... OPERATION FLASHPOINT AND OPERATION FLASHPOINT: RESISTANCE!

I almost cried with relief, but pulled myself together, telling myself "it's just a computer game, you fool!"

Wrong! Not just any game, but OFP!

The End.

I actually got my copy 2 days before the world wide release because I pre-ordered .

And I got " Red Hammer " and " Resistance " of course .

Actually I`m playing RH now and I still got RE to finish afterwards...and I`ve had then since summer wow.gif

DL the demo in April 01

I got an UK import of CWC in late July/early August 01

Red Hammer I got the first week it came out.

Resistance got the day it came out here in North America.

-=Die Alive=-

Demo in April 01

Bought OFP 1st day it came out in UK (June 21st 01 I think)

Ditto Red Hammer

Ditto Resistance

Still the best game ever to grace the pc, and still play it regularly to this day biggrin.gif

I seriously can't remember confused.gif Quite some time though...

I had the demo for a while before the game was released - so I must have bought OFP sometime around September 2001 or so...at best guess...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Mar. 31 2003,09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Got the demo first hour it was released, got Flashpoint the day it was released, got gold edition day it was released, got resistance day it was released ( hell, i even drove to supplier to get it a day earlier ) ...  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Edited to not hurt Jap's feelings wink.gif

I bought it right from the start and then I just pick up yesterday the GOFY edition so now I have reistance as well.

Since I bought the game after playing the demo version my cd drive has become more like a hard disc because flashpoint/reistance cd hasn't come out of there. I'm even worried it will end up melting one day after so much spinning arround  biggrin.gif , and I'm not the only one... All my friends who've seen the game are now in the same situation. Since August 2001 it has just been ofp and I think it will be ofp (or ofp2) for a long long time.

I downloaded the demo when it first came out. When the full game came out it took awhile but my mom bought it for me. Later on I was blessed with resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guba @ April 03 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Since I bought the game after playing the demo version my cd drive has become more like a hard disc because flashpoint/reistance cd hasn't come out of there.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, same here. I have one CD-RW and one DVD-player, one of them is always occupied by the OFP cd, and I use the other one for other cd's. smile.gif

i've had mine since the beginning, courtesy of one of codemasters rep's that came to the place where i was working to pimp the game.

so its a snazzy digi-pack rather than a dvd box.

saying that, i rather have a dvd boxed version, over the past two years, its become slightly knackered.

sexy isn't it

OfpPromo.jpg

i had the demo since day 1 when it came out (somewhere around february 2001, if i remember correctly) and then i preordered the game so i got it a couple days after it came out sad.gif i remember listening to everyones compliments about the game and not being able to stand listening because i still didnt have OPF sad.gif

lol on my old computer i still have like dozens of videos and HUNDREDS (yes HUNDREDS) of screenies of OPF before it came out. thats how much i couldnt wait tounge.gif

I couldn't believe the demo when it first came out so of course I was straight down the shops the day it was released...through bouncy tanks, patch 1.27 (and a million others), a 6 month break and now rediscovery...I have to say it is still head and shoulders above pretty much any game of any genre I can bring to mind.

I dowloaded and played the first demo , but at those time i didnt have a good enough system to really play this demo

It was a framerate hell.

But i was very impressed by what i saw and by the incredible potential of the game, and when i finally upgraded to a good enough system , i bought the game

It was the version 1.0 , but the 1.30 patch was just available , so i downloaded before starting to play and it was THE game for me for a very long time.

Then when Red Hammer was out , i bought it but i was a bit disapointed because it was just really a campaign (quality works , but i already have some good user made campaign on my HD and lots of missions)

I have the same problem with Resistance , i am very interested in it for the new graphics (less by the campaign and missions) , but the Resistance demo showed me that my system is not ready to take advantage of the new high textures and geometry.

So i actually wait the time i will upgrade to buy this game

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sanctuary @ April 07 2003,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have the same problem with Resistance , i am very interested in it for the new graphics (less by the campaign and missions) , but the Resistance demo showed me that my system is not ready to take advantage of the new high textures and geometry.

So i actually wait the time i will upgrade to buy this game<span id='postcolor'>

I think you should buy it anyway, no doubt it is worth the money. Then cut back on the graphics in the game, so that you can still run it well. Because the graphics aren't all, there are also many functions, scripting stuff, etc... You won't regret buying Res.